SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Jimbuna 06-15-20 03:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sokolov (Post 2677781)
Yes, don't play

If you find it difficult to provide any positivity at all then I'd suggest you do not post in repeated negative terms. These guys are doing their best to provide a positive gaming experience and therefore should be encouraged rather than discouraged at every opportunity.

Jimbuna 06-15-20 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DackSter94 (Post 2677803)
It happened twice already on 2nd, and 3rd patrol.

I don't remember the details on 2nd patrol. But on my current (3rd) patrol, I was about 70km from British east coast near the channel when I loaded the save. Before that, I got depth charged by like 4 destroyers near the channel entry lol. Took no visible damage, which kinda surprised me. Maybe it applied damage I was supposed to receive when I loaded the game? The save was made already after escape, clear of any shipping around. Damage to some modules and hull is quite light, only 1%. However 3 crew members are red, and not healing(i don't have medic skill installed on my sonarman yet.

That is certainly what happens in SH3, the damage is cumulative and on loading you hear breaking glass etc.

DackSter94 06-15-20 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2677832)
Did you check official install instructions? Anything out of order during the game/mod installation?

I use uplay version. I followed the guide and u-play workaround for installation. There is one thing that might be weird: I can only launch game from desktop shortcut with u-play (in offline mode) running in the background. Launching from uplay interface just makes makes uplay small game logo window to load forever. Not sure if this is intended behavior.
Also, although I turned all the options related to game sync and updates in the uplay settings, it still syncs with something after starting the game.

gap 06-15-20 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonci87 (Post 2677785)
This is no way to respond if someone is genuinely asking for help.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimbuna (Post 2677839)
If you find it difficult to provide any positivity at all then I'd suggest you do not post in repeated negative terms.

RIP Sokolov

Apparently all of his posts and threads have disappeared at once. Given his general attitude I knew he was not going to last long here.
Too bad for him, but I believe not many subsim buddies will miss him :03:

Btw, sorry for the OT Vecko :salute:

Texas Red 06-15-20 03:08 PM

Sokolov had it coming for him, that kind of attitude should never ever be allowed on Subsim.

By the way, vdr1981, the new update is looking good! Just completed the Western Approaches campaign chapter and I am now in the long-awaited Operation Drumbeat chapter.

This has got to be my favorite mod of all. :salute:

Cheers! :Kaleun_Cheers:

Demon777 06-16-20 10:09 AM

I remember in previous versions of TWOS there were short remarks of nations' flags in Recognition Manual (from which date the nation may be considered as friendly or enemy).
Now there're such remarks for neutrals only.

Am I correct that all nations which are not within Axis coalition, are considered as enemy units, even if their territories are marked blue on the map? For example, Greece in 1941.

skin-nl 06-16-20 01:28 PM

Thanks for the update Vecko :up:

Michael

Thunder28 06-17-20 12:51 PM

Geniale Mod. Funktioniert Prima.:Kaleun_Salute:

Texas Red 06-17-20 12:55 PM

Welcome to Subsim!

Jimbuna 06-17-20 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunder28 (Post 2678358)
Geniale Mod. Funktioniert Prima.:Kaleun_Salute:

Ingenious Mod. Works great.

Welcome to SubSim Thunder28 :salute:

Mad Mardigan 06-17-20 02:24 PM

Re: SH5 The Wolves of Steel forum posting...

Just out of curiosity, is any one else, running into NOT being able to get to page 883/884 of this forum post.

I have tried, unsuccessfully numerous times now, to get past page 882... to NO avail.

To say this is confusing, would be the understatement of all eternity award winner, hands down.

Thanks.

:Kaleun_Salute:

p.s. Edited to include a snapshot of the page listings showing that there are supposed to be 884 pages of this forum post, that I am seeing from My end... just in case others ARE NOT seeing that, from their end.

https://snipboard.io/bX14Hw.jpg

Demon777 06-17-20 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan (Post 2678399)
Just out of curiosity, is any one else, running into NOT being able to get to page 883/884 of this forum post.

me too. looks like some sort of forum's engine failure...

excel4004 06-17-20 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan (Post 2678399)

I have tried, unsuccessfully numerous times now, to get past page 882... to NO avail.

To say this is confusing, would be the understatement of all eternity award winner, hands down.

Thanks.

:Kaleun_Salute:

p.s. Edited to include a snapshot of the page listings showing that there are supposed to be 884 pages of this forum post, that I am seeing from My end... just in case others ARE NOT seeing that, from their end.

https://snipboard.io/bX14Hw.jpg

Yes, strange. :doh:

cnupo 06-18-20 02:46 AM

So this is THE Mod for this game?

Hi all, i tried playing stock SH5 and it just doesnt work. like literally. It doesn't work. So, i've played years ago SH3 and SH4 with mods downloaded from subsim and it was great, but i knew SH5 is just rock bottom so i never bothered with it. But hey, steam sales and all that so i got all SH games for like 4,99$ and i want to start playing SH5 properly but i heard it works only with mods.
So, is this THE mod for this game? Can anyone recommend nice overhaul mods that actually make the game work?

Thanks SubSim

:subsim:

Propnut17 06-18-20 04:28 AM

Reading your post cnupo, take the Stock Steam SH% and load it. Run the game in it's standard format and complete a few nautical miles, just getting to notice differences between SH3 and SH4 against SH5.

Download The latest full install version of The Wolves of Steel and reboot your PC.

I printed out the comprehensive install instructions so I could mark off the instructions. The latest Steam version does already include the 2.1 patch so you do not have to worry with that part. Just follow the install instructions VERY carefully and you will end up with a really great working SH5 that will give you hours of happiness.

My installation is based on what I have described above and I have had no issues with it at all. I am still on TWoS v2.2.17 and as soon as I am back in port I will upgrade to the newer .18 version.