SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

vdr1981 03-05-16 07:35 AM

Спасибо Boва! :up:

palmic 03-05-16 08:44 AM

Nice! Please append it to update 07 :)

BTW. i would like to upload my first mod here, but i cant see any link for it (i expect i have no permission for it)
I wrote to webmaster, hopefully he will allow me :)

You can check it if you would like to use it, if it would be added to TWOS, i dont even need to upload it as special mod.

It mutes annoying aggressive sounds of picking map tools and even quieten stopwatch alarm.
Its great for loud volumes and much more pleasant for my ear.

TheBeast 03-05-16 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2386782)
Nice! Please append it to update 07 :)

BTW. i would like to upload my first mod here, but i cant see any link for it (i expect i have no permission for it)
I wrote to webmaster, hopefully he will allow me :)

You can check it if you would like to use it, if it would be added to TWOS, i dont even need to upload it as special mod.

It mutes annoying aggressive sounds of picking map tools and even quieten stopwatch alarm.

Send message to Neil Stevens for upload security access.

vdr1981 03-05-16 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vova78 (Post 2386484)
I also want to ask a question about U-Flak: will it be possible to remove the two torpedoes lying on the floor (and below) in the torpedo room for more authenticity? Two torpedo-men can leave, they will simulate additional Flak shooters on the boat :).

Nice idea. When I have some spare time I'll examine sub interior
files in order to do this, if possible...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Husksubsky (Post 2386667)
Hi Guys. cpl questions for install. Waiting for the last update:)

Saw that Option file view editor now should point to last menu.txt in the mod. I always had that to last menu.txt in the game, and it has always worked. Thinking how jsgme works means I must have edited with mods installed then? I dont think I did.

Updating from 03 to 05 and savegames won t work I understood. SInce I don t think I deserve the joy of doing danzig scapa etc again ...is there a way to cheat?

OFEV can be used in in several ways and I have described only one of them. As far as application is concerned, menu.txt form real nav addon and from main mod are identical with few differences which are not problem for OFEV.

Regarding your progress saves question, it's really hard to say. You can try to backup ActiveUserPlayerUnits.upc and CareerTrack.upc files nut again, some manual tweaks are will be required:hmmm:...

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2386782)

Thanks...:up: Like I said , I dont have so muchspare time now to work on TWoS updates but soon as I get some , I'm going to examine all available fresh mods, tweaks, ideas ect...:yep:

One more thing...If enyone experiencing game freeze/lag during thunderstorms ( lightning struck) , please let me know...I have found solution for this...:yep:

palmic 03-05-16 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBeast (Post 2386845)
Send message to Neil Stevens for upload security access.

Thanks, but i cant find him, need username..

siege00 03-05-16 01:07 PM

Neal spells his name n*e*a*l. http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/member.php?u=209959

excel4004 03-05-16 01:53 PM

Thanks, looks great!! :up:

palmic 03-05-16 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siege00 (Post 2386877)

Thanks, i tried to find him by search tool without success, message sent :)

Husksubsky 03-05-16 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2386860)

OFEV can be used in in several ways and I have described only one of them. As far as application is concerned, menu.txt form real nav addon and from main mod are identical with few differences which are not problem for OFEV.

Thx good to hear, but will not the game disregard the menu.txt OFEV point to and use only the one in realnav? :hmmm:
EDIT: Maybe I miss a big point here. Isn t it the case that OFEV make changes in menu.txt? If it only reads then it doesn't matter

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2386860)

Regarding your progress saves question, it's really hard to say. You can try to backup ActiveUserPlayerUnits.upc and CareerTrack.upc files nut again, some manual tweaks are will be required:hmmm:...

Thx. My plan was to do it all manually just some few notepad changes to give me the essentials. I ll give it a try.
Edit:After reading about earlier attempts Id rather not. And I miss Danzig ..I think..

Wanshtain 03-06-16 03:56 AM

Antisubmarine network in Scapa Flow. Whether it is possible to fix it?
http://i73.fastpic.ru/big/2016/0306/...b5d7262431.jpg

THEBERBSTER 03-06-16 04:27 AM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > Wanshtain
Find Help & Useful Information In My SHIV & SHV Signature Thread Links.
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
Treat Yourself To The Wolves Of Steel Mega Mod <> SH5 The Dawn Of A New Beginning
The Wolves Of Steel Frequently Asked Questions + Campaign Fix In > FAQ’s & Game Tips (Please Look Here First Before Posting A Question)

Raven1976 03-06-16 07:07 AM

Hello congratulations for this awsome mod i enjoy it very much just like gwx on sh3. I wanted to ask some questions:

1)When i click on chiefs engineer icon the commands increase repair rate and reduce flooding time are always greyed out.Is this a bug?

2)When i click on the snorkel icon it always says not available.Is there a special uboat on sh5 that only uses snorkel?

3)what is the difference between battle stations(watch officer icon) and f7 abilitty battle stations?

Husksubsky 03-06-16 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raven1976 (Post 2387021)
Hello congratulations for this awsome mod i enjoy it very much just like gwx on sh3. I wanted to ask some questions:

1)When i click on chiefs engineer icon the commands increase repair rate and reduce flooding time are always greyed out.Is this a bug?

I think this is an intended fix cause of a silly system. Especially if moral is low and result is crew refuse to reduce flooding even if sinking is result.
Compensated for I think . Others might have more precise answer

Quote:

2)When i click on the snorkel icon it always says not available.Is there a special uboat on sh5 that only uses snorkel?

Snorkel is equipment you can have instead of deckgun later. There is an upgrade chart you can look at ingame. However you can enable snorkel with the Option File Editor Viewer, but feel its kind of cheating (my opinion). Thats only change in OFEV you do WITH mods enabled.

Quote:

3)what is the difference between battle stations(watch officer icon) and f7 abilitty battle stations?

Annoying stuff. Interesting findings here.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...postcount=2740
Some discussion about it from page 180-184. Ive only come to page 200 in catching up so might be more :D

Jimbuna 03-06-16 08:27 AM

Welcome to SubSim Wanshtain :sunny:

MCM 03-06-16 08:53 AM

Quote:

Snorkel is equipment you can have instead of deckgun later. There is an upgrade chart you can look at ingame. However you can enable snorkel with the Option File Editor Viewer, but feel its kind of cheating (my opinion). Thats only change in OFEV you do WITH mods enabled.
That means I don't have to modify it in the Editor because I have this option later in the game itself? E.G. 1943?