SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 5 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=244)
-   -   SH5: Bugs, glitches, and issues thread (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=162462)

jwilliams 02-28-10 11:37 AM

Even when submerged?

CaptainNemo 02-28-10 11:40 AM

Sometimes ;)

But that is not the problem we mentioned. Our problem is that the watch crew does not use their binoculars when surfaced. We think that could be the problem, why they donīt give us any information about the enemies activity. Hope I got that clear.

Ship Hunter 02-28-10 11:49 AM

The problem is not only the "graphical issue" - the problem is, that the Watch-Crew and also the Sonar-Guy doesn't report ANY contacts! You can just stay 50 Meters away from a british destroyer - nothing happens. You can runder under a destroyer - sonar guy don't gives you any contacts and so on...

Denson 02-28-10 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ship Hunter (Post 1283990)
The problem is not only the "graphical issue" - the problem is, that the Watch-Crew and also the Sonar-Guy doesn't report ANY contacts! You can just stay 50 Meters away from a british destroyer - nothing happens. You can runder under a destroyer - sonar guy don't gives you any contacts and so on...

:up: Crew cant be killed by a 12 inch battleship gun. They wont get carried away because of a DD

Ok seriously, this is a constant issue in your game? Reinstall, restart, try new campaign again etc.

evan82 02-28-10 01:31 PM

Very interesting thread.:-?

The General 02-28-10 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denson (Post 1284128)
Crew cant be killed by a 12 inch battleship gun.

What do you mean by this? Are you playing SH5?

Noren 02-28-10 01:50 PM

He means that the guns of a BB cant kill individuals on the boat, but definately smash the sub to smithereens.

The General 02-28-10 02:00 PM

So crew cant die in SH5? Is that confirmed by somebody who's actually played the game??

Ship Hunter 02-28-10 03:31 PM

But the Version you all play is also 1.05? Build 10th February 2010?

And no one in the US/Canada or somewhere else in the world has the problem of a "no talking"/"blind" crew?

THE_MASK 02-28-10 03:51 PM

Sub on rails . The sub should move up and down like the sub in my signature video . This would really bring the immersion up to a new level.

TH0R 02-28-10 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sober (Post 1284350)
Sub on rails . The sub should move up and down like the sub in my signature video . This would really bring the immersion up to a new level.

Nothing to be surprised, it is after all the same engine as in SH3 and SH4...

Dowly 02-28-10 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sober (Post 1284350)

This. It's starting to be pretty unforgivable that they keep ignoring this. :nope:

THE_MASK 02-28-10 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dowly (Post 1284433)
This. It's starting to be pretty unforgivable that they keep ignoring this. :nope:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kTWwJ9NQbY this explains what is happening .

etheberge 02-28-10 08:13 PM

Bugs found in 10 minutes so far:

-When loading a save game from the main menu while your sub is in the U-boat pen, the sub sinks completely below the surface for 3-5 seconds, then re-surfaces.

-The hardware detection tool that runs after the installation says I have 1 gig of RAM when I have 5 gigs. (Win7/64bits)

-It's been mentioned before but Observation scope is always raised when loading the game.

CCIP 02-28-10 09:27 PM

Crews aboard ships that you attack don't react to attacks... or sinkings. These guys even keep looking relaxed standing on deck and smoking in the midst of giant oil fires and at the bottom of the sea.

Should be an easy fix :88)

Otherwise, lots of silly clipping/movement issues with crew members in the control room.

However I'm quite taken with just how stable this game seems overall. So far, oddly enough, all the real issues I found are just surface glitches, not truly broken code.