SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Sub Command, Fleet Command, & Jane's 688(I) (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=193)
-   -   Sonalysts Fleet Command not working on windows 7 64 bit (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=201729)

mojojojo 01-27-13 07:06 PM

Sonalysts Fleet Command not working on windows 7 64 bit

Hi all,
I have just got me Sonalysts Fleet Command hopeing that it would work on win 7 ,I have also the old Janes Fleet Command but had stop playing it when I got Vista a few years ago which was a shame because it was a great game.
Is there a work around for Sonalysts Fleet Command I read somewhere that it was working on Win 7 64 bit?
When the game trys to start both screens go black and the No2 monitor starts flicking and no1 monitor stays black then I get "failed to initialize the graphic display"

Here's my specs:
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920
Memory: 12288MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
Display Card: 2xATI Radeon HD 5700 Series crossfired

I have been looking around for a fix and I tryed all the compatbility modes on the Fleet Command.exe and made it administrator and disabled visual theme and disabled desktop composition still no go.:/\\!!:/\\!!:/\\!!

any help would be great :salute:

Hinrich Schwab 01-28-13 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mojojojo (Post 1999998)
Hi all,
I have just got me Sonalysts Fleet Command hopeing that it would work on win 7 ,I have also the old Janes Fleet Command but had stop playing it when I got Vista a few years ago which was a shame because it was a great game.
Is there a work around for Sonalysts Fleet Command I read somewhere that it was working on Win 7 64 bit?
When the game trys to start both screens go black and the No2 monitor starts flicking and no1 monitor stays black then I get "failed to initialize the graphic display"

Here's my specs:
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920
Memory: 12288MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
Display Card: 2xATI Radeon HD 5700 Series crossfired

I have been looking around for a fix and I tryed all the compatbility modes on the Fleet Command.exe and made it administrator and disabled visual theme and disabled desktop composition still no go.:/\\!!:/\\!!:/\\!!

any help would be great :salute:

If I am reading your specs right, you are indicating that you have two graphics cards. If that is the case, chances are that with the age of the code in Fleet Command, it has no clue how to handle multiple graphics cards and the error message is a result of the code unable to resolve the conflict.

mojojojo 01-28-13 04:39 PM

Many thanks, you are right it doesn't like crossfired displaycards when I disabled one it was all go, This is great I love this game.

Cheers:D:D:D:D