SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   Spain (flag needed) (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=251328)

Bubblehead1980 12-17-21 02:40 AM

Spain (flag needed)

Adding Spain as a neutral nation, with some units that may be hostile towards player sub, as part of the SubRon 50 mod in the TMO Update. Need a flag for the vessels, have not found one in other mods.

Jeff-Groves 12-17-21 11:10 AM

GWX 3 has a couple

Mad Mardigan 12-17-21 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 (Post 2783342)
Adding Spain as a neutral nation, with some units that may be hostile towards player sub, as part of the SubRon 50 mod in the TMO Update. Need a flag for the vessels, have not found one in other mods.

Ahoy... :Kaleun_Cheers:

Did some... poking about, into SH3, with 1Alex's, Anvart1061's & Toyo's GWX sets... as well as 4's We dive at Dawn, (which is based off of hmmmm... :hmmm: stock/original Op. Monsun, original TMO..??? :hmmm: know is 1 of those... at any rate. :yep:) Subron 50 (original release version, by lurker... which is side based off of Op. Monsun (original) mod... :yep:) then both of the Uboat 4 mod sets... (KSD II: Ace edition & OM: DW's v6)

in conclusion, noted that all of these, have in data\roster folder, Spain listed in them. What I did NOT see, was any references in a .cfg for any warships... what was there, was just merchie traffic. :yep:

Sooo... IF, I am NOT mistaken... I believe during that time frame, that we know of... as WW2... Spain's flag, was just 1. No delineation between their warships or their merchie fleet... & IF I am correct... then grabbing just the flag from there (from any 1 of those sources (though if from 3, would think that a bit of rework may be required to have it useable in 4... by the way :yep: but would be far simpler, to do a snatch & grab from a 4 source, instead... :shucks:), should suffice to serve as the base for flag.dat for any ship that is of "spanish" lineage... be it warship or merchie blooded... :D

Hope this info helps... :shucks: :yep: :up:

:Kaleun_Salute:

M. M.

Jeff-Groves 12-17-21 11:32 AM

GWX 3 has a civilian flag AND a Military flag.

Mad Mardigan 12-17-21 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves (Post 2783412)
GWX 3 has a civilian flag AND a Military flag.

Thanks for that info, Jeff... as it is... I don't "have" just the regular GWX3 set installed... Soo... wasn't able to dip into it & check it, just those that were reworked by 1Alex, Anvart1061 & Toyo... oh yah... sorry... Toyota86's... mod set work... & almost forgot... LSH3-2020... which I didn't check that but figure it.... too, likely has "Spain" in the data\roster as well.

Appreciate that bit of info. :shucks:

Warmest regards,

M. M.

Oh, & just only checked the data\Roster owing to NOT knowing what Spain's warships might have been named back then... :oops: something to add to My "brush up on WW2 history" list... :shucks: :yep:

Mad Mardigan 12-17-21 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 (Post 2783342)

Have narrowed it down to 1 SH4 mod set... that has both Spanish flags in them... civvie & Military... no need to do any rework to get them to work in SH4...

that mod set is... KSD II : Ace edition... & likely in the original that : Ace, is based from. :yep:

flags are located in the data\Texture\Tnormal\tex folders therein... :shucks:

M. M.

Jeff-Groves 12-17-21 06:26 PM

And the Flags are DIRECTLY from GWX!
:haha:
Why try to beat around the Burning bush when there is not a thing from GWX I can't track down?
flag2.dat is a direct steal from GWX! They didn't even change ID numbers!

Mad Mardigan 12-17-21 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves (Post 2783491)
And the Flags are DIRECTLY from GWX!
:haha:
Why try to beat around the Burning bush when there is not a thing from GWX I can't track down?

Yeah... GWX, has them, since 1Alex's work (as is Anvart1061's GWR is & Toyo's Enhanced 86 Arb & MaGui sets, are...) is off of that with other mods & such added into it. That's not in dispute Jeff... never was. What I did, here... was to locate a SH4 mod set that already had them in there... already, so would be simple to just copy /paste... & done.

Last I know of, unless this has changed & if My of that last known of info is wrong... then I have no issues with learning that it has changed & will file it away, for future reference... but, anything from 3, had to be reworked, BEFORE it could be used in either 4 or... even 5. & vise versa... anything from 4 or 5, to 3... would also have to undergo rework, in order for it to work in 3.

:hmmm:

If such is NOT the case with the flags... then by all means, I stand corrected.

:shucks:

M. M.

Jeff-Groves 12-17-21 07:01 PM

Flags from 3 will work directly in 4
Only changes to the GWX file was the addition of 75 more frames in the animations to match the stock SH4 frames.

Now it's funny that not a SINGLE person has figured out you only need 1 animation to run ALL the flags!
Talk about wanting to cut files sizes!
:har:

And for Christ sake! If you want to take my Air Raid Sirens? Do it right!

propbeanie 12-17-21 08:16 PM

Dote! :damn: - we forgot the thieve your siren!... ah well. Next time.

s7rikeback 12-17-21 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by propbeanie (Post 2783506)
Dote! :damn: - we forgot the thieve your siren!... ah well. Next time.

Theive other mods, should we not ask first?
What evil is a foot here ?

It would be like, you helping someone, and they declare it's their own work!!!
with no mention of you helping them, It's a horrible thought, but i'm sure it will not catch on here...