SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

THEBERBSTER 04-20-15 06:30 PM

Make a copy of your CareerHistory CFg file and put it somewhere where it will not get deleted.

If you have to do a reinstall you can just copy this file back and you can skip the tutorial when you start a new career.

Peter

kunral 04-20-15 09:52 PM

My problems happen with or without the hotfix. I was going to post earlier than I did but realized there was a hotfix which I wasn't using. So I added it but it didn't change anything for me.

vdr1981 04-21-15 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulB (Post 2308172)
After the hotfix, I started a new campaign, completed the Danzig mission and docked at Kiel Sept 3, 1939. As I was a little early, I then did the "start patrol without new orders-dock immediately-get new mission" trick to get access to BTF/EBCW.
I chose Scapa Flow (BTF). Twice I got a CTD upon trying to start the patrol.
Third time I actually got into the boat and set the harbour pilot for Kiel outbound via canal.
Well, I got another CTD soon after I got into the canal.

I always make manual game save in the bunker and then restart the game. If you jump directly from one patrol to another the game may CTD, especially in KIel harbor.

steve_lyons 04-21-15 10:08 AM

Installation Problems. Can't find an answer for the life of me!

Hi guys,

My problem is outlined by the OP of this thread. Any ideas? This great looking mod has brought me back here after a few years' absence. Would appreciate a hand mates.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...=1#post2308312

:woot:

Deep_Hunter 04-21-15 02:11 PM

I guess the reason why nobody answered my question about german radio messages is, that there is no mod... :hmmm:
Additionally I have to report a problem with a savegame...Before entering the english channel I saved. In the channel I sank some ships but unfortunatly I had to quit the game. When I loaded the savegame I had the marks for the ships on the navigation map, although there was no tonnage in the log...To make it clear: I sank the ships after the saving and didnt save again. I also didnt load an autosave. Never had this before, is this normal?

vdr1981 04-21-15 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deep_Hunter (Post 2308393)
I guess the reason why nobody answered my question about german radio messages is, that there is no mod... :hmmm:
Additionally I have to report a problem with a savegame...Before entering the english channel I saved. In the channel I sank some ships but unfortunatly I had to quit the game. When I loaded the savegame I had the marks for the ships on the navigation map, although there was no tonnage in the log...To make it clear: I sank the ships after the saving and didnt save again. I also didnt load an autosave. Never had this before, is this normal?

It happens sometimes when you load older savegame without game restart...

Guys with CTD's, can you confirm that you get CTD at midnight exactly ?

Nippelspanner 04-21-15 05:33 PM

After a fresh SH5 installation with this mod (and the patch + hot fix), I encounter a lot of weird bugs. Maybe some of you know why they happen or how to fix, cause they make it next to unplayable for me.

- Crew often not on deck after surfacing the boat, only saving/reloading helps.
- Telegraph acts weird. I order standard speed (3) but it only sets to slow ahead (2) and so on, it is always one speed setting behind the ordered one.
- Ordering full stop takes ages, screws keep turning/running for a while, so does the Diesel - seems odd.
- Water drops sometimes "freeze" on the lens/screen and don't disappear for a while - can I delete those completely? I hate them.
- Ships/boat sometimes stops 'bobbing' completely. I noticed this while shooting with the DG on some merchant. While it was nice for precise shooting, it definitely was a bug. Sea was absolutely calm - but boats and ships usually always move a little.
- I attacked a polish submarine, hit it stern and to my surprise, the sub wasn't destroyed immediately. The bow was sticking out of the water, rest was deep below and I could hear the machines still running, it even made some knots... what the?
- Some orders happen with huge delays, sometimes they don't work at all.
For example, I ordered a crash dive, it was listed in the message box bottom right, I heard the alarm bell etc... but the boat just never dived?
I then hit crash dive again and it dived in 15(!) seconds - wha!?

Overall, I just have the feeling "something" is very wrong with my installation.
Would appreciate some hints or clarification.

Other than that, I really like the mod so far but:
Why does the 1WO still have his eyepatch?
And are these silly special abilities still ingame?
I'd love to fix both of these problems, is that possible?

Another important thing: Language.
I'd like to have my menus and texts in German for immersion - is there a German version?

alien41 04-21-15 05:33 PM

Hello Guys;

I completed the mission in Scapa Flow, but not won the medal of progression.

Appears mission accomplished in Captain log. Something is wrong?

I'm using Wos patch 5 with the latest hotfix.

Thanks!:salute:

Havner 04-21-15 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nippelspanner (Post 2308442)
- Crew often not on deck after surfacing the boat, only saving/reloading helps.

I don't use WOS now but my own set of mods that's similar to WOS, just smaller and I hit this one pretty often. Might be some issue with MightyFine Crew Mod.

Quote:

- Water drops sometimes "freeze" on the lens/screen and don't disappear for a while - can I delete those completely? I hate them.
In the generic patcher there is patch in "render patches" that removes water droplets completely.

Quote:

For example, I ordered a crash dive, it was listed in the message box bottom right, I heard the alarm bell etc... but the boat just never dived?
I then hit crash dive again and it dived in 15(!) seconds - wha!?
Stupid question. You sure you were not standing on the deck while ordering for the first time? The bells seem to trigger, but you don't dive with a message that a crew is on the deck.

And the german version is available in the TDW NewUI. Not sure though if it is fully compatible with WOS, some messages might be missing.

Nippelspanner 04-21-15 05:58 PM

Thanks for the help Havner!
I'm 100% sure I was under deck when I ordered the crash dive - I learned my lesson the first few times I tried to dive while on the bridge :D

Maybe it was some random hickup and won't happen again, I'll do some crash dives later to see if the problem is repeatable.

I found the water drop thingie in the patcher, no idea why I didn't think of that myself, thanks a ton!

Husksubsky 04-21-15 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve_lyons (Post 2308315)
Hi guys,

My problem is outlined by the OP of this thread. Any ideas? This great looking mod has brought me back here after a few years' absence. Would appreciate a hand mates.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...=1#post2308312

I ve had the version conflict thing once. Might be something that happens during patching to 1.2. I had a folder containing all original files files altered by tdw patch. Replaced and started the procedure again without problem.

steve_lyons 04-21-15 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Husksubsky (Post 2308452)
Might be something that happens during patching to 1.2.

Thanks but I've got it sorted... Only took me hours to pull off. I'm new to SH5 (was a huge fan of Grey Wolves and SH3) and didn't realise the problems posed by the steam exe.

Since then I've followed a number of tutorials to get it up and running properly. Namely this little gem of a thread. For anyone interested in getting steam SH5 modded right, the first post (read very carefully) is all you'll need.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...=214687&page=5

Cheers!

Havner 04-21-15 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Husksubsky (Post 2308453)
The third is intended. Inertia I think its called.Intended and should be realistic.Never checked that out. Around 30 secs I think from standard speed.

There is also a patch for this in the generic patcher. It's called "RPM intertia". You can turn that off if that bothers you. I think WOS snapshot has it turned on by default.
There is also a setting in the OFEV that makes your crewman react to your orders with a little delay (6 secs by default IIRC). This affects speed, direction setting and possibly more.

Husksubsky 04-21-15 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Havner (Post 2308455)
There is also a patch for this in the generic patcher. It's called "RPM intertia". You can turn that off if that bothers you. I think WOS snapshot has it turned on by default.
There is also a setting in the OFEV that makes your crewman react to your orders with a little delay (6 secs by default IIRC). This affects speed, direction setting and possibly more.

Sorry for taking posts in and out was messing up with multiquote :D
Can add that thers also an intended delay before crashdive so "crew can get into boat". Can be changed in optionfileeditor if not mistaken

Nippelspanner 04-21-15 06:59 PM

Speaking of 'bugs'.
Just leaving Kiel for my second patrol on September 3, when...

http://i.gyazo.com/90da3052229740059f9b57eceb5c8df3.png

http://i.gyazo.com/bba6a918b34134fdc242d4fe9d9eb543.png

It is (was) a polish merchant, heading for Kiel on September 3, 1939. :har: