SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

adrians69 06-07-15 03:44 PM

Sounds interesting. I can't wait!! :D

vdr1981 06-07-15 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adrians69 (Post 2319487)
Sounds interesting. I can't wait!! :D

Some people are also complaining about ineffective deck gun. Maybe I could boost it up a bit in this addon for "new heroes"...:) We'll see...:)

State your wishes please...:)

RoflCopter4 06-07-15 03:59 PM

In the sub info screens (I'm sure these have a name) it still identfied my deckkannon as being an 88mm model, and I still had the 88mm ammo loadout. I would know because I created a little cheat mod that gives me slightly more ammo and makes the gun traverse 50x faster than in vanilla (I have no patience to wait for the thing to slowly, slowly lumber around and aim where I want it to). I definitely still have the 88mm gun.

Also, I may have gone overboard with the torpedoes, but I know with the deck gun that I waited several hours after unloading many rounds into the ship to see if I got a kill message and nothing came. When I just decided to use torpedoes I didn't get one right away and just said screw it, I'm right next to port, ammo doesn't matter and so hit it three times.

vdr1981 06-07-15 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoflCopter4 (Post 2319492)
In the sub info screens (I'm sure these have a name) it still identfied my deckkannon as being an 88mm model, and I still had the 88mm ammo loadout. I would know because I created a little cheat mod that gives me slightly more ammo and makes the gun traverse 50x faster than in vanilla (I have no patience to wait for the thing to slowly, slowly lumber around and aim where I want it to). I definitely still have the 88mm gun.

I'll take a look what's going on but I'm not really sure where to look... I never used 105mm gun on type VII boat because I think it's unrealistic. Type IX were equiped with that deck gun IIRC...:hmmm:

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoflCopter4 (Post 2319492)
Also, I may have gone overboard with the torpedoes, but I know with the deck gun that I waited several hours after unloading many rounds into the ship to see if I got a kill message and nothing came. When I just decided to use torpedoes I didn't get one right away and just said screw it, I'm right next to port, ammo doesn't matter and so hit it three times.

That's really extreme and it shouldn't be like that, which ship was that? :hmmm:

vdr1981 06-07-15 04:21 PM

New patch/hotfix is uploaded, enable it in port and continue campaign...:subsim:

The Wolves of Steel 1.03 - Patch 5_HotFix 3 changelog:

Snapshot changes:
-

Other tweaks:
- Menu.txt: various tweaks to make crew reports more realistic.
- Smaller New UI's teleport buttons
- Init.aix: AI detection abilities
- DBSM speech periscope sound
- Increased number of days spent in the bunker from 14 to more realistic 25
- Fixed small issue in campaign.cfg files that can prevent few macro objectives to be date activated (space behind "=" mark)
- Tweaked armor and HP values in zone.cfg file (from next RSD update)
- Tweaked armor and HP values in submarines .zon files (from next RSD update)
- Removed some of less important/duplicated and merged charts in order to meet 50 charts limit.
- Less jumpy sub at lower wind speeds

Added mods:
- SD_MapLocationNameFix_v1_2
- RadcapricornLarge Optics No Milliradian Scale Binoculars
- AilBubbles 1.0
- AilImpurity 1.2
- IO_MapCourseLine_sharp pencil_mod
- autoscripts1.0_WOS_tuned
- Sjizzle's - Charts for NewUIs part 5_23.05.2015

Removed mods:
-

Installation:
1. This is Hotfix is not cumulative so it has to be enabled with JSGME after The Wolves of Steel 1.03-Patch 5 and before optional patches. Your activated modlist should look like this:

The Wolves of Steel 1.03
The Wolves of Steel 1.03 - Patch 5
The Wolves of Steel 1.03 - Patch 5_HotFix 3
The Wolves of Steel 1.03 - TDW Real Navigation *(optional mod)
The Wolves of Steel - *x* Resolution Patch *(optional mod)

You can remove The Wolves of Steel 1.03 - Patch 5_HotFix 2 from your JSGME


* Enable hotfix in the bunker.
* Some smaller changes will kick in after camping restart or after player's advance to the next campaign.
* Grossdeutscher Rundfunk New Remix 1939-1945_CTD Fix is not needed anymore...

RoflCopter4 06-07-15 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2319494)
I'll take a look what's going on but I'm not really sure where to look... I never used 105mm gun on type VII boat because I think it's unrealistic. Type IX were equiped with that deck gun IIRC...:hmmm:

Fair enough. I suppose I like to feel like I am using a type IX sometimes. :hmmm: Is there any way you can think of for me to know even more definitively than this which gun I have? Is there any way to force one or the other?

Quote:

That's really extreme and it shouldn't be like that, which ship was that? :hmmm:
Er, I don't recall the name, but it was a Polish tanker. One of the ones you run into at the start of the campaign outside of Danzig.

kevinsue 06-07-15 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoflCopter4 (Post 2319497)
Fair enough. I suppose I like to feel like I am using a type IX sometimes. :hmmm: Is there any way you can think of for me to know even more definitively than this which gun I have? Is there any way to force one or the other?



Er, I don't recall the name, but it was a Polish tanker. One of the ones you run into at the start of the campaign outside of Danzig.

Remember that old saying, "it's not how big it is, but how you use it!" :D Sometimes we focus on the little things and forget to look at the big picture to see how good it really is....later in the war the deck gun was removed altogether in most instances in favour of another flack gun.

If I'm going to deck gun a target, I usually get in real close for a running fight...say 100 meters at most while manning the flack gun, just in case you have to suppress any small automatic weapons they may have, before allowing the deck gun crew to fire HE shells initially, to light the fires. That way they hardly ever miss a shot so there is no ammo wasted drilling holes in the ocean.:yep:

vdr1981 06-07-15 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoflCopter4 (Post 2319497)
Fair enough. I suppose I like to feel like I am using a type IX sometimes. :hmmm: Is there any way you can think of for me to know even more definitively than this which gun I have? Is there any way to force one or the other?



Er, I don't recall the name, but it was a Polish tanker. One of the ones you run into at the start of the campaign outside of Danzig.

I've never saw any Polish tanker near Danzing?:hmmm: Freighter maybe, try to find her in museum, or some single mission...

THE_MASK 06-07-15 08:02 PM

When I get some time off I might do a mod putting a whole ship load of block ships and nets as terrain objects around and in harbours .

RoflCopter4 06-07-15 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevinsue (Post 2319506)
Remember that old saying, "it's not how big it is, but how you use it!" :D Sometimes we focus on the little things and forget to look at the big picture to see how good it really is....later in the war the deck gun was removed altogether in most instances in favour of another flack gun.

If I'm going to deck gun a target, I usually get in real close for a running fight...say 100 meters at most while manning the flack gun, just in case you have to suppress any small automatic weapons they may have, before allowing the deck gun crew to fire HE shells initially, to light the fires. That way they hardly ever miss a shot so there is no ammo wasted drilling holes in the ocean.:yep:

Range can't be it. I was firing from point blank. I was so close that at one point I had to put the engines in emergency reverse to avoid a collision.

Never drink and command a u-boat.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2319512)
I've never saw any Polish tanker near Danzing?:hmmm: Freighter maybe, try to find her in museum, or some single mission...

Freighter, tanker; ship, boat; water, sea; I'm sure I'm committing some kind of horrible gaffe by confusing the two, but I'm new enough to this that they're all the same to me. That it was a merchant vessel was all that registered.

THEBERBSTER 06-08-15 05:44 AM

I think I remember seeing a small tanker that is docked in one of the Polish ports.

Shaefer 06-08-15 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2319491)
Some people are also complaining about ineffective deck gun:dead:. Maybe I could boost it up a bit in this addon for "new heroes"...:timeout:
We'll see...

State your wishes please...

No! Please don`t.
It`s a small deck gun for crying out loud, and we are not meant to take out large ships with it.

vdr1981 06-08-15 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaefer (Post 2319606)
No! Please don`t.
It`s a small deck gun for crying out loud, and we are not meant to take out large ships with it.

Don worry "Norse God" , Smoke and Wind addon is not intended for captains who can hit the moving destroyer from 3000m range and with single torpedo! :o:up:

Sjizzle 06-08-15 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2319612)
Don worry "Norse God" , Smoke and Wind addon is not intended for captains who can hit the moving destroyer from 3000m range and with single torpedo! :o:up:

vdr1981 check your mail box pls and tell if it's ok thx
have a nice day
Sjizzle

vdr1981 06-08-15 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sjizzle (Post 2319616)
vdr1981 check your mail box pls and tell if it's ok thx
have a nice day
Sjizzle

Excelent! This will save us a lot of space! :up:

vdr1981 06-08-15 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sober (Post 2319519)
When I get some time off I might do a mod putting a whole ship load of block ships and nets as terrain objects around and in harbours .

In my opinion that would really excellent Sober!:up::up::up:

Shaefer 06-08-15 08:29 AM

Hey VDR!
Have to say I absolutely love the new periscope sound, well done! :yeah:
There is one thing, if possible, I would like to have a slight hum when turning the periscope as well. :yep:
You know, so we can hear that there are some mechanic working in the background. Is that at all doable?
Keep up the awesome work.

vdr1981 06-08-15 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaefer (Post 2319641)
Hey VDR!
Have to say I absolutely love the new periscope sound, well done! :yeah:
There is one thing, if possible, I would like to have a slight hum when turning the periscope as well. :yep:
You know, so we can hear that there are some mechanic working in the background. Is that at all doable?
Keep up the awesome work.

No problems but I have to find the sound...Maybe to extract it from Das Boot, we'll see...:up:

Shaefer 06-08-15 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2319643)
No problems but I have to find the sound...Maybe to extract it from Das Boot, we'll see...:up:

Oh yes. That would be so amazing. All the immersion!

vdr1981 06-08-15 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaefer (Post 2319644)
Oh yes. That would be so amazing. All the immersion!

And I expect to see a lifeboat blown be torpedo! :D Weeeeee, up we gooo!
Dont worry, gore is not modeled... :D


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:01 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1995- 2023 Subsim®
"Subsim" is a registered trademark, all rights reserved.