SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

gap 04-23-20 11:08 AM

Hi ShootingFish86 and welcome aboard!

Lately the U-play version of the game has shown many compatibility issues. This is unfortunate indeed.

Probably someone else will pop up with a better suggestion, but I would recommend you to get another version of the game. Preferably the CD version, or even the Steam version, whose compatibility issues with TWoS have been finally solved. These days SH5 is so cheap that you can buy it (again) for the same price of a packet of cigarettes (I know, I know, smoking is not a good habit :O:).

Alternatively, you could try looking for a "trial" version of the game, if you know what I mean, and activate it with the credentials you bought from Uplay. That should work as well, you won't loose any functionality, and it wont cost to you any (extra) penny.

boogieman335 04-23-20 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShootingFish86 (Post 2665495)
Thank you for the warm welcome guys. Despite being a member of subsim since 2017 i haven't actually posted or replied before lol.

Having done some more digging, I discovered this in the documentation for the mod:

"- Most of the ingame texts are missing (Flotilla objectives, map options settings, message box entries ect)
Remove "read only" attributes from your main SH5 install folder and run the game with administration rights."

The problem is that setting the folder to read-only doesn't stick. I guess this is something to do with it being the uPlay download version in the uPlay games folder. When i change the attributes of all the files in the SH5 folder it takes a few minutes, succeeds but then instantly reverts back to read-only.

Does anyone know a workaround? The missing text doesn't exactly break the game, so long as i learn what all the missing dialogue options are and commit them to my memory but im sure you can appreciate this is an extra step that is rather annoying

Don't know if this will help but if you are running the latest version of Windows 10 version 1909 you might have to make an exception in your windows security setting s for SH5 in the ransomware portion. Its the setting that keeps files from making changes to your protected folders including the My Documents section where game saves are stored. I know when I first updated my system I had to make exceptions for several games to get them to save and work properly. I use the Steam version so I don't really know about the Uplay version though.

boogieman335 04-24-20 08:21 PM

For those of you that use my Boogie's Refit texture mod I have posted a new version. This is version 3.0 and is a complete texture package for interiors, exteriors, the bunker, as well as reworked uniforms with higher resolution and compressed with DXt5 format for better frame rates.
screens here:https://imgur.com/gallery/viQB4no

edit: I forgot to mention in the readme in the file that I included some cloud tweaks derived from U190's great SH5 Real clouds mod. I changed them slightly to work with reshade to avoid color banding in the preset I made. My apoligies for neglecting the mention. If you don't use reshade you might want to download that mod and let it over write mine. As pretty much everyone else in the world I have been at home and even though as a music producer/engineer I do quite a bit of mixing here in my home studio I found my self caught up on projects and had time to fix some of the things in my mod that have been bothering me. I was supervised by Oreo the cat, and except for a quick catnip break we have labored all day on this. Thank those of you that use my mod and get pleasure from it. Be safe, don't let the Corona bug bite.

Lugermann 04-25-20 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boogieman335 (Post 2665975)
For those of you that use my Boogie's Refit texture mod I have posted a new version. This is version 3.0 and is a complete texture package for interiors, exteriors, the bunker, as well as reworked uniforms with higher resolution and compressed with DXt5 format for better frame rates.
screens here:https://imgur.com/gallery/viQB4no

edit: I forgot to mention in the readme in the file that I included some cloud tweaks derived from U190's great SH5 Real clouds mod. I changed them slightly to work with reshade to avoid color banding in the preset I made. My apoligies for neglecting the mention. If you don't use reshade you might want to download that mod and let it over write mine. As pretty much everyone else in the world I have been at home and even though as a music producer/engineer I do quite a bit of mixing here in my home studio I found my self caught up on projects and had time to fix some of the things in my mod that have been bothering me. I was supervised by Oreo the cat, and except for a quick catnip break we have labored all day on this. Thank those of you that use my mod and get pleasure from it. Be safe, don't let the Corona bug bite.

Superb! Thanks for the great work! :Kaleun_Salute:

But, it's normal this?

https://i.ibb.co/1MGn1db/error1.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/b5XCT2r/error2.jpg

In the game the Real Navigaton it seems to work well...

THEBERBSTER 04-25-20 05:20 AM

Hi Lugermann
The Real Navigation Mod needs to be last so it is not over written by any other mod.
Peter


ShootingFish86 04-25-20 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 2665540)
Hi ShootingFish86 and welcome aboard!

Lately the U-play version of the game has shown many compatibility issues. This is unfortunate indeed.

Probably someone else will pop up with a better suggestion, but I would recommend you to get another version of the game. Preferably the CD version, or even the Steam version, whose compatibility issues with TWoS have been finally solved. These days SH5 is so cheap that you can buy it (again) for the same price of a packet of cigarettes (I know, I know, smoking is not a good habit :O:).

Alternatively, you could try looking for a "trial" version of the game, if you know what I mean, and activate it with the credentials you bought from Uplay. That should work as well, you won't loose any functionality, and it wont cost to you any (extra) penny.

I'm sure my wife meant well when she bought me the uPlay version lol. she probably didn't intend for it to be the worst possible version to buy for modding (and it annoyed me slightly that i had to install yet another launcher onto my computer). I don't mind buying another version of the game but unfortunately my search has been fruitless. It seems that steam uk does not sell it for cheap (it is available only as part of a collection for 25). Disc copies are available on eBay, but only from germany at a price of around 14. Not to sound like a cheapstake but i begrudge paying that amount of money for a game i already own, particularly when the money won't actually go towards the developers and count in a "make more of this game, people like it" kind of way.

I may have to sit on this for a little while, and once world events mean i can go back to work i may rethink and loosen the purse strings a little.

Thanks for your reply

Lugermann 04-25-20 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2666028)
Hi Lugermann
The Real Navigation Mod needs to be last so it is not over written by any other mod.
Peter

In this case:

https://i.ibb.co/yBc0dWk/error4.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/9tQSdkN/error3.jpg


Thanks!

:Kaleun_Salute:

boogieman335 04-25-20 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lugermann (Post 2666042)

The files reffered to won't break your game either way. They are just a thicker version of the line your pencil draws on the map to make them easier to see for tired old eyes like mine. If they concern you you can delete them from the mod. That is the only thing they do. Thanks for the kind words.

Lugermann 04-25-20 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boogieman335 (Post 2666083)
The files reffered to won't break your game either way. They are just a thicker version of the line your pencil draws on the map to make them easier to see for tired old eyes like mine. If they concern you you can delete them from the mod. That is the only thing they do.

Oh, it's perfect for me too.

Great work. Great mod.

:Kaleun_Applaud:.

fitzcarraldo 04-25-20 11:33 AM

Awesome Boogieman! Looks really nice in my TWoS. I got to make work Reshade with KSD start button so I'm very happy and quarantined.

Many thanks for the great work.

And a request: Is there a way to put full beards to the crew? That little beard of the watchman seems too cared for an Uboat after 30 days on patrol...

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

boogieman335 04-25-20 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2666108)
Awesome Boogieman! Looks really nice in my TWoS. I got to make work Reshade with KSD start button so I'm very happy and quarantined.

Many thanks for the great work.

And a request: Is there a way to put full beards to the crew? That little beard of the watchman seems too cared for an Uboat after 30 days on patrol...

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

Sorry but I don't know how to do that. That NPC already had a problem with the head being to big, as the guy who made the original mighty fine crew mod stated in his thread when he developed it. Also he had a weird glitch where he changes uniform 2 times when going to and from the bridge. I managed to fix that. The other NPC enlisted change uniform when they get to their station. I changed the navigator because the coat he wore before always had clipping issues and has a normal map that doesn't line up with textures very well. The uniforms are not completely history accurate in this game. TWoS comes with ones that are more like the tropical uniforms worn in the Med or south Atlantic. According to the replicators web site the blue grey uniforms were the most common worn by crews in the Atlantic. The first officers jacket could be blue grey with the shoulder boards I used on him or it could be the kakhi or od green colored denim one with different shoulder boards. Same for the topedo men fore and aft, and the now the navigator. The dark sweaters aren't really the dark blue pullovers but they are close enough that I put the torpedo, and underwater spec on their sleeves and gave them a seaman rank. I just think it looks better. If you prefer the green one on the first officer the texture is in my first mod, its the same resolution. The uniforms in this mod are all double resolution of the originals and compressed with dxt5 compression to preserve frame rates. This game has original textures that are some in dxt5 some dxt 1, some rgb8. A lot of different compressions and resolutions. I think this is why the frame rates always drop in Kiel because so many different compressions, but short of going through and converting every texture in the game there is no way to change it.

boogieman335 04-25-20 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lugermann (Post 2666093)
Oh, it's perfect for me too.

Great work. Great mod.

:Kaleun_Applaud:.

Thanks, I just wish I could figure out how to make the Latitude and Longitude numbers a little bigger on the map. I already colored them white in my game thanks to one of Peter's tutorials. LOL

gap 04-25-20 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShootingFish86 (Post 2666040)
I'm sure my wife meant well when she bought me the uPlay version lol. she probably didn't intend for it to be the worst possible version to buy for modding (and it annoyed me slightly that i had to install yet another launcher onto my computer). I don't mind buying another version of the game but unfortunately my search has been fruitless. It seems that steam uk does not sell it for cheap (it is available only as part of a collection for 25). Disc copies are available on eBay, but only from germany at a price of around 14. Not to sound like a cheapstake but i begrudge paying that amount of money for a game i already own, particularly when the money won't actually go towards the developers and count in a "make more of this game, people like it" kind of way.

I may have to sit on this for a little while, and once world events mean i can go back to work i may rethink and loosen the purse strings a little.

Thanks for your reply

I can imagine how you feel ShootingFish and I could undersign some of your phrases. Buying back the game would have been an option if the price was a fairer one, but it seems that these days that's not the case.
I am sure that there are better way to solve your issue (I myself gave you an alternative), and that eventually you will manage playing TWoS in all its splendour.

gap off :salute:

propbeanie 04-25-20 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShootingFish86 (Post 2666040)
I'm sure my wife meant well when she bought me the uPlay version lol. she probably didn't intend for it to be the worst possible version to buy for modding (and it annoyed me slightly that i had to install yet another launcher onto my computer). I don't mind buying another version of the game but unfortunately my search has been fruitless. It seems that steam uk does not sell it for cheap (it is available only as part of a collection for 25). Disc copies are available on eBay, but only from germany at a price of around 14. Not to sound like a cheapstake but i begrudge paying that amount of money for a game i already own, particularly when the money won't actually go towards the developers and count in a "make more of this game, people like it" kind of way.

I may have to sit on this for a little while, and once world events mean i can go back to work i may rethink and loosen the purse strings a little.

Thanks for your reply

I'm sure Peter missed your post, but he has a "fix" for the UPlay version that will allow you do use TWoS:

Uplay Download Version Fix For SH5 And TWoS

gap 04-25-20 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by propbeanie (Post 2666157)
I'm sure Peter missed your post, but he has a "fix" for the UPlay version that will allow you do use TWoS:

Uplay Download Version Fix For SH5 And TWoS

:up:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1995- 2023 Subsim®
"Subsim" is a registered trademark, all rights reserved.