SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

vdr1981 11-13-17 07:44 AM

You guys are giving to much credits to those "intercept and sink" missions...Just relax and do your job...:salute: Bdu wants tonnage and they don't care much about red or green letters...

SS Norholm 11-13-17 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2524932)
You guys are giving to much credits to those "intercept and sink" missions...Just relax and do your job...:salute: Bdu wants tonnage and they don't care much about red or green letters...

That's true actually lol! BTW Vecko, i'm sure its just something odd left over from the original SH5 anyway, wasnt blaming you Sir of course!

Cyborg322 11-13-17 11:32 AM

Could you specify what the conditions are for it to pass ?
it was clear before now it is not.

Patrolling round for hours real time not being sure if you are doing the right thing is kinda niggling, especially when you get fail message at the end, that's just a bonus

There appears to be little or no traffic between the regions specified in the task so BDU won't be happy about that too :haha: but maybe I didn't look hard enough was in the wrong place at the wrong time

Everything you are adding is making the game better which is much appreciated but this change seems to be a step backwards.

Just asking for clarification :hmmm: seems reasonable to me

vdr1981 11-13-17 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyborg322 (Post 2524958)
Could you specify what the conditions are for it to pass ?
it was clear before now it is not.

Patrolling round for hours real time not being sure if you are doing the right thing is kinda niggling, especially when you get fail message at the end, that's just a bonus

There appears to be little or no traffic between the regions specified in the task so BDU won't be happy about that too :haha: but maybe I didn't look hard enough was in the wrong place at the wrong time

Everything you are adding is making the game better which is much appreciated but this change seems to be a step backwards.

Just asking for clarification :hmmm: seems reasonable to me

According to files, You have to do 96h area patrol with radius of 300km, find a convoy during that time and sink one tanker...In one playing session and without leaving the patrol area of course.

Btw, there is no "failed" status in twos secondary missions, only " finished ".

I may edit "intercept and sink" messages for the next update in order to make them more understandable...

Cyborg322 11-13-17 12:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2524962)
According to files, You have to do 96h area patrol with radius of 300km, find a convoy during that time and sink one tanker...In one playing session and without leaving the patrol area of course.

Btw, there is no "failed" status in twos secondary missions, only " finished ".

I may edit "intercept and sink" messages for the next update in order to make them more understandable...

Hello Again Vecko

Ok that's fine :up: I did find a Tanker, missed the convoy but must of moved too far away towards Iceland, I'm going back to get them I'll sink the lot of them :03:

So it almost as it was before with one playing session and not leaving zone, I got a Green and red message, I must of took the red Finish as a fail. * Edit not explained well by me

I try to maintain a 100% record in passing missions but I accept this does not bother everyone and WOS is more orientated around Free-roam Tonnage

Thanks for the explanation, I looked at the files myself, wasn't sure if I could trust them.

Simon

we shall fight on the beaches,
we shall fight on the landing grounds,
we shall fight in the fields and in the streets,
we shall fight in the hills;
we shall never surrender

Winston Churchill 4 June 1940
:03:

excel4004 11-13-17 03:00 PM

Quote:

Uhh..seems one of the hardest missions to solve! 96h radius of 300km seems to be luck to find the convoy without a "good" german air monitoring, or the right informations at the right time from the B-Service. :03:

Quote:

I try to maintain a 100% record in passing missions but I accept this does not bother everyone and WOS is more orientated around Free-roam Tonnage
I can understand you. I also like the primary and secondary missions, using the Enigma machine, clearing the missions, getting rewards with promotion points and taking time to think who gets the next points.

But, we had this topic with engaging the convoy mission in the past, i remeber B.D.U Vecko :salute: used almost the same words there - pointed out that the missions are not so important at all. In the case of failing a mission target its only about losing one promotion point..he said engaging the convoys - going for the tonnage.

Playing SH5 in this way - like Vecko said - is playing the sim in a very realistic historical way.

The books about the atlantic war are telling it how it was in WWII and how we also are able to play this game in a kind of historical way.

That means that the Kaleuns in the past sure recived mission orders from B.D.U and when they got a order to reach targets far away (south africa, indian sea) they should "hide" and safe their torpedos. But otherwise, new convoys where discovered by german planes/subs/B-Service and all the subs which where able to reach these convoys where instantly ordered by B.D.U. to search and attack them.

We are limitated by the game because our missions wont be changed but we also get reports about convoys via message box or Captains Log! So when ever you can reach them, stop your actual mission and use "AK-speed" to reach them! :D So we "also got" an air monitoring and a functional B-Service here. :ping:

Just some hours ago, on my new patrol in Coastal Waters on my way to my first mission coordinates, i recived via Captains Log a sighted convoy not far away - about 250km. So i couldnt belive what i saw there after laborious (laborious because i play realistic 100% with no map updates and it was daytime with the possibility of enemy air attacks in this area) moving forward infront of this Two-Ship-Convoy: A European Ocean Liner 19000tons!!! Oh Yeah! :rock:

https://image.ibb.co/b3j8cb/10.png

..and finally :D

https://image.ibb.co/cDxYAw/11.png

Taking the chance brought me after 3 torpedos 23267tons. :salute:

Imarider 11-13-17 09:35 PM

Are there are still no ships in enemy harbours?

Cyborg322 11-13-17 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kakopis (Post 2525047)

Should be, but its considered a little lame going for static targets so may not be as many

@ excel4004

Yeah I totally get it.

excel4004 11-14-17 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kakopis (Post 2525047)

Yes, sure. there is no reason for it. The Job was/is to attack ships at Sea not in harbours.

If you want to attack ships in harbour play the Breaking The Fortress mission (10/09/39 - 15/10/39) between Coastal Waters times. Means simulating the attack of Korvettenkapitän G.Prien at Scapa Flow from 14.10.1939.

Also be aware from this hints from the TWoS tutorials:
Quote:

- Should I do harbor raids?
Due to several engine and AI limitations, harbor raids in SH games are generally very unrealistic and they are commonly regarded as a cheap way to "pump up" your tonnage. Also players presence within 60 Km of traffic generator nodes (mostly located in harbors) will prevent game engine to spawn any convoys or units which can lead to potential campaign corruption, so you should stay well off any major allied ports.
:salute:

Sauroketh 11-14-17 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2165720)

Helluva sorry, sir, but the there are now no hydrophones in the dock engineer menu.:k_confused: Not a single one. Only radars. Or am I completely missing something?

vdr1981 11-14-17 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sauroketh (Post 2525067)
Helluva sorry, sir, but the there are now no hydrophones in the dock engineer menu.:k_confused: Not a single one. Only radars. Or am I completely missing something?

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...postcount=2657:salute:

Sauroketh 11-14-17 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2525075)

Thanks, sir, fixed it already, sorry to disturb you.

geoweb35 11-14-17 11:00 AM

Swastika

Hi, i have a question, how i remove the swastika(Hakenkreuze) from this mod/game? any mod/addon avaible to remove swastika with jsgme?i want to record sh 5 gameplay for youtube, thanks

Cyborg322 11-14-17 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geoweb35 (Post 2525115)
Hi, i have a question, how i remove the swastika(Hakenkreuze) from this mod/game? any mod/addon avaible to remove swastika with jsgme?i want to record sh 5 gameplay for youtube, thanks

You can remove the flags on the Sub with the optional mod - TWos Remove Sub flags. What others need taking out for Youtube ?

geoweb35 11-14-17 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyborg322 (Post 2525126)
What others need taking out for Youtube ?

I want to remove swastika(hakenkreuze) from all places(ex:charts manual) not only from flags , i want to be safe and prevent a youtube channel deletion,i have to find TWos Remove Sub flags mod first , this forum is big,thanks