SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

fire-fox 03-31-17 02:02 AM

From my experience it's supposed to be started like you say then left.

And for your second question yes it gets reset when you reload the game as I'd not part of the original game. So you have to start the macro running again.

hauangua 03-31-17 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fire-fox (Post 2475971)
From my experience it's supposed to be started like you say then left.

And for your second question yes it gets reset when you reload the game as I'd not part of the original game. So you have to start the macro running again.

Thanks fire-fox

and so following the above example when reloading a career imposed a16h-20h automation regardless of the time where I am ... right?

redline202 03-31-17 07:50 AM

This is how i play TWOS: no update on real navigation, no navigator help, no crew at all, empty sub...in other words I have to take care of everything.
And I play with 1TC max :salute:

fire-fox 03-31-17 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hauangua (Post 2475972)
Thanks fire-fox

and so following the above example when reloading a career imposed a16h-20h automation regardless of the time where I am ... right?

Yes. That's what I used to do, change the script when ever the time changed.

But forgot once and noticed that ran better.

So now just start whitch ever one fits for the time at that point and leave it running

wolfbaron 03-31-17 09:05 AM

SALUTE TO THIS MOD

i am back to SH5 damnnn awesome ....

ooh my god i just wish this game had more submarine types.... ubisof should pushed a broken DLC to allow our awesome modders to work on more subs

ThaineFurrows 03-31-17 09:26 AM

I really enjoy this mod. Big thanks to all the creators.

But there's one thing. I think the smoke from burning ships doesn't rise enough. It really stays close to the surface instead of building a column. Is there any way to change this. Or do I get something wrong and this is depended on wind?

hauangua 03-31-17 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fire-fox (Post 2476001)
Yes. That's what I used to do, change the script when ever the time changed.

But forgot once and noticed that ran better.

So now just start whitch ever one fits for the time at that point and leave it running

Thank again fire-fox

I keep in mind your advice and try that .. but it's strange that I have not found no one asked this before ..how to set real navigation automatism then reload carrier? original departure time? or the current time?

fire-fox 03-31-17 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hauangua (Post 2476025)
Thank again fire-fox

I keep in mind your advice and try that .. but it's strange that I have not found no one asked this before ..how to set real navigation automatism then reload carrier? original departure time? or the current time?

I go with local as that is what is used for the message logs. So none GMT

vdr1981 03-31-17 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaineFurrows (Post 2476007)
I really enjoy this mod. Big thanks to all the creators.

But there's one thing. I think the smoke from burning ships doesn't rise enough. It really stays close to the surface instead of building a column. Is there any way to change this. Or do I get something wrong and this is depended on wind?

Hey ThaineFurrows!:salute: It's from a mod called "Sober's Smokescreen" and compared to some historical WWII videos it looks very realistic...:yep:

redline202 04-01-17 08:54 AM

So i was thinking the most hardest way to play Twos:
1.No help from crew.
2.NO help any help at all.
3.No saving games.
check this out
4.When you start a patrol all keyboard/windows keys are disabled for exiting out, you have to stay on patrol and keep your pc on for as long as it take to end patrol. :salute:

THEBERBSTER 04-01-17 10:44 AM

Hi redline
No thank you.
I started patrol 8 on the January 21st 2017
I am currently at May 17th 1940 May 31st 2017
I think my nerves would be shattered and my wife would leave home, lol.
Peter

redline202 04-01-17 11:38 AM

Dear Peter looks like you are on your patrol than most of us :03:

palmic 04-02-17 05:53 AM

[REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod

Story:

Boooh! Granville in North Western approach on my way with spy near of Liverpool.

night, no fog, 13m/s
His course 8. My approach to him from west - course 10, waiting to get him on my bearing +-140 to reach for about 30AOB which means if i would stay there, his distance would be 1/2 when he got 90AOB.
This way i was just slowly turning to the right, still closing to my wanted 30AOB while slowly closing to him - ideal approach.

I reach for more than wanted position - +-12AOB, +- 6km away.
So now if ill stay here, he will be +- 6km * sin(12) = 6km * 0.2 = +-1100-1200m with 90AOB - perfect firing sollution even in 13m/s sure hit.
Waiting till hell get there, finding he has nearly different course than i expected - nothing serius, just waiting for optical 90AOB, getting his speed with stopwatch and RAOBF - +-6.2kts, ok.....

Perfect time, fire one electric with 4m depth, impact pistol and waiting..
Boom, topedo fasaga...

Ok, next, steam-one, fast, 4m, loss!!!!
Time was ticking, everyone catch a breath...
Perfect time for hit now, topedo fasaga... :o

So at least i had perfect sollution, the second just didn't explode...
Frustration factor of simulation 100% :yeah:

gezahu 04-02-17 01:50 PM

I searched the thread but no one was able to answer the question of how to make night brighter. I am playing on a laptop and my eyes are almost half a century old so a little brightness is not a cheat it just would make me 20 years old like a crewmember....

vdr1981 04-02-17 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gezahu (Post 2476400)
I searched the thread but no one was able to answer the question of how to make night brighter. I am playing on a laptop and my eyes are almost half a century old so a little brightness is not a cheat it just would make me 20 years old like a crewmember....

Just like in any other game...Adjust your gamma settings...