SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

vdr1981 11-03-16 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krivi_Zub (Post 2444324)
No, that was not the case, sadly.
Im not new to game modding btw... but the thing that worries me is that after 3 reinstalss, I keep getting same error with generic file patcher! kind of "file is used by another program" and I dont know which as I dont use uplay... SH5 is closed during the process ofc... so Ill go for another reinstall right now and check if that happens again!

ty for advices :Kaleun_Salute:

Check your task manager before gen.patcher activation, just to make sure...and post some screenshot of the error screen ect...:hmmm: No need for full reinstall yet , because generic patcher is a stand alone app.

Lanzfeld 11-03-16 05:39 PM

Vecko,

I wanted to see what you think of the mod

DynEnv v2.9 - 5.c Ambient Settings - Darker Nights-No Murky Waters that someone else brought up.

Is there a reason this is not recommended? Is it a stability issue? I have not tried it yet myself but it looks interesting.

Torpedo 11-03-16 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2444325)
Check your task manager before gen.patcher activation, just to make sure...and post some screenshot of the error screen ect...:hmmm: No need for full reinstall yet , because generic patcher is a stand alone app.

Hi Krivi_Zub
Have you checked the Generic Patcher.cfg before activating the Generic Patcher?
The last nine lines must all be connected to the same folder that is the SH5 installation path (in my case "E:\Games\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter") and so I get my GenericPatcher.cfg in this way:

ClientAreaWidth=1184
ClientAreaHeight=762
LanguagePackInUse=E:\Games\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\TDW_GenericPatcher_v_1_0_168_0_TWOS\LanguagePack s\English
SH_NClient.dll=E:\Games\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5
CameraManager.act=E:\Games\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5
EnvSim.act=E:\Games\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5
kernel.dll=E:\Games\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5
sh5.exe=E:\Games\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5
SHSim.act=E:\Games\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5
SHSound.act=E:\Games\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5
SimData.dll=E:\Games\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5
SHCollisions.act=E:\Games\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5

If some line has the wrong folder, then you can edit the line with the notepad.
Then you can to activate the Generic Patcher.

Torpedo

Torpedo 11-03-16 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lanzfeld (Post 2444332)
Vecko,

DynEnv v2.9 - 5.c Ambient Settings - Darker Nights-No Murky Waters that someone else brought up.

Is there a reason this is not recommended? Is it a stability issue? I have not tried it yet myself but it looks interesting.

Hi Lanzfeld!
I tried DynEnv v2.9 - 5.c Ambient Settings - Darker Nights-No Murky Waters. This mod eliminates the murky waters aspect that are usually in the channels, as in the port of Memel or in shallow waters. Water turns blue, and perhaps unrealistic. However, I have used a lot this mod without instability. IMO it is only a matter of realism, but if you want you can try it, IMO I would not recommend this mod, but it is as always a matter of taste.
The Darker Nights effect works well.

Torpedo

Krivi_Zub 11-03-16 07:11 PM

For the first time I had NO errors during TDW generic patching!
restarted comp before it and got antivirus disabled... seems it did it!

ty vecko :Kaleun_Applaud:

kevinsue 11-03-16 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krivi_Zub (Post 2444324)
No, that was not the case, sadly.
Im not new to game modding btw... but the thing that worries me is that after 3 reinstalss, I keep getting same error with generic file patcher! kind of "file is used by another program" and I dont know which as I dont use uplay... SH5 is closed during the process ofc... so Ill go for another reinstall right now and check if that happens again!

This exact problem happened to me during one reinstall. I have a pristine copy of Silent Hunter 5 V1.2 saved on another drive that I just copy over to the the Ubisoft folder instead of installing from the disc. Unfortunately by doing it this way, the savegames in the Ubisoft Game Launcher have to be deleted manually so that they are not loaded into the new install. During a new install when you start the game prior to modding or using the generic patcher, the game will automatically call up the Uplay launcher to start SH5 and if I recall, it was Ubisoft Game Launcher still running that caused the problem. So as Vecko has advised, use Task Manager prior to patching the SH5.exe to make sure that the Ubisoft Game Launcher is not still running in the background.

Lanzfeld 11-03-16 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torpedo (Post 2444347)
Hi Lanzfeld!
I tried DynEnv v2.9 - 5.c Ambient Settings - Darker Nights-No Murky Waters. This mod eliminates the murky waters aspect that are usually in the channels, as in the port of Memel or in shallow waters. Water turns blue, and perhaps unrealistic. However, I have used a lot this mod without instability. IMO it is only a matter of realism, but if you want you can try it, IMO I would not recommend this mod, but it is as always a matter of taste.
The Darker Nights effect works well.

Torpedo

Yes I wanted the darker nights but the more realistic weather is what really interests me.

kevinsue 11-04-16 03:15 AM

Just ready to depart Kiel on the first patrol of Mare Nostrum campaign and head for Gibraltar. Can the English Channel be navigated successfully in spite of Allied warships and aircraft, or is the long journey via Northern Scotland the best route to take? I was hoping to depart for the Mediterranean from Lorient but no such luck! :o

MCM 11-04-16 04:20 AM

I am really looking to disable some hotkeys in the options file editor like "toggle nomograph" and others. Some hotkeys are changeable, some are not. I need to disable some of them but nothing happens when I double click on them to change it from "enabled" to "disabled".

THEBERBSTER 11-04-16 05:09 AM

Hi MCM
Do not forget to disable the mods first before making changes to the OFEV otherwise your changes will not be accepted.
Peter

kevinsue 11-04-16 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2444375)
Hi MCM
Do not forget to disable the mods first before making changes to the OFEV otherwise your changes will not be accepted.
Peter

hello Peter, I usually make changes with the OFEV without disabling any mods. Just make sure to use the correct file..C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\data\Scripts\Menu\TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py and overwrite this file to save any new changes. You just have to remember to copy and paste this saved file back into the MODS folder C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\MODS\1. The Wolves of Steel 1.06\data\Scripts\Menu if you want to reactivate the mod and keep the changes made with the OFEV. Just another way to achieve the same thing :yep:

vdr1981 11-04-16 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevinsue (Post 2444378)
hello Peter, I usually make changes with the OFEV without disabling any mods. Just make sure to use the correct file..C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\data\Scripts\Menu\TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py and overwrite this file to save any new changes. You just have to remember to copy and paste this saved file back into the MODS folder C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\MODS\1. The Wolves of Steel 1.06\data\Scripts\Menu if you want to reactivate the mod and keep the changes made with the OFEV. Just another way to achieve the same thing :yep:

I also like to use directly OFEV.exe placed in data folder of the main game installation (Silent Hunter 5/data/Applications/OFEV.exe) for quick "in-fly" changes without mods disabling. Of course , in this case the path for Menu.txt and OFEV.py files should be set accordingly...
I didn't mention this possibility in my instructions because most of TWoS players don't know a thing about SH files dependencies and those who know will figure out this for them selves pretty quickly.

Note Kevin that it is not recommend to simple copy/paste options file. You have Options File Migration tool for that...

vdr1981 11-04-16 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lanzfeld (Post 2444332)
Vecko,

Simple environmental optional addon which shouldn't cause any problems and it can be enabled anytime. I don't use "No murky water" in TWoS because the water is too much transparent when looked from above and there are some really ugly side effects in shallow waters...Darker nights is already part of TWoS IIRC.

kevinsue 11-04-16 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevinsue (Post 2444366)
Just ready to depart Kiel on the first patrol of Mare Nostrum campaign and head for Gibraltar. Can the English Channel be navigated successfully in spite of Allied warships and aircraft, or is the long journey via Northern Scotland the best route to take? I was hoping to depart for the Mediterranean from Lorient but no such luck! :o

Well just for something different...I'm going to attempt getting through the Straits of Dover just for the challenge! :D

vdr1981 11-04-16 10:13 AM

Any Youtuber out there willing to create new video tutorial? :hmm2: