SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Cybermat47 03-10-16 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siege00 (Post 2388550)
So I understand that patrol areas are time based, and you can't stop the game until it's completed once you start or you will not get credit.

Not quite. If you're 48 hours into a 72 hour patrol, and you stop the game, you just have to patrol the area for another 72 hours when you go back to the game, and you'll get credit.

siege00 03-10-16 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cybermat47 (Post 2388552)
Not quite. If you're 48 hours into a 72 hour patrol, and you stop the game, you just have to patrol the area for another 72 hours when you go back to the game, and you'll get credit.

Thanks! Makes more sense now. So if I leave a patrol area the timer will reset and as long as I get back before and complete it, if the patrol is still available, doing the full on-station time, I'll be good to go?

palmic 03-11-16 07:28 AM

Just off topic

I can tell ya there's no better feeling than if you sink a ship by one torpedo with max realism settings and you'll find out, that you did that hit even with huge mistake in distance settings (and so it was mistake even in AoB measurement :) )
- as a result, hit was closer to nose and the detonation came about 1/3 sooner.

But! it was about 1500m far and it was very near of 90 AoB, so distance have not big impact on solution.

It was in the night and British hog Island was about 4knots on his way to Norway. I came about 2km near emerged, submerge and started to measure his course and speed..
No survivors sighted

Here i can tell you that optic on bridge is nearly useless.
You can use it for 2 things - observing and attack. Observing is for me better with plain binoculars since you have the same zoom and clear view without scales. For attack bridge optic is useless because of waving, since periscope view is pretty stable.
So only remaining thing for what is this optic usable is observing special bearing, because you dont know exact bearing in binoculars.

From what i read in u-boat aces books, surface attack was preffered, because (of course) maneuverability and better view, so i dont know if this is real..

Sjizzle 03-11-16 10:24 AM

Vecko what u think about http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...84&postcount=9

vdr1981 03-11-16 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sjizzle (Post 2388637)

Yes, I saw it, looks great! :up:

I was just about to ask you if you could prepare or recommend few more charts for next TWoS update. If you check files you'll see that we have few more empty slots available...:yep:

EDIT:
I've just checked...Only 3 slots are available...:wah::)

palmic 03-11-16 10:48 AM

Quote:

Love these charts, the last two already helped me to understand some things :up:

siege00 03-11-16 11:45 AM

Does TWoS include the mod that allows measuring speed based on passive sonar sounds (ie. RPM)? If so, could we have that chart included?

Love the charts Sjizzle and thanks for the refreshes Vecko!

excel4004 03-11-16 03:21 PM

Quote:

Beautiful stuff! :up:

Sjizzle, pls create a mod/card with this historical looking for the radio messages. :D

I just found one mod with old looking style but this mod includes also other radio message changes. So a old looking mod/design working with the actually TWoS would be very nice! :rock:

palmic 03-11-16 03:55 PM

This thread is awesome guys, give it a try! :rock:

Cybermat47 03-11-16 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siege00 (Post 2388564)
Thanks! Makes more sense now. So if I leave a patrol area the timer will reset and as long as I get back before and complete it, if the patrol is still available, doing the full on-station time, I'll be good to go?

Yep, pretty much. Gut jagd! :salute:

vdr1981 03-11-16 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siege00 (Post 2388665)
Does TWoS include the mod that allows measuring speed based on passive sonar sounds (ie. RPM)? If so, could we have that chart included?

No. The mod is outdated and incompatible with TWoS (the modder lost his interest and didn't update the mod for latest OHII changes).
Also , the prospect of precise target speed determination just by listening it's propeller noise seem highly unlikely to me, especially when dealing with convoys... Maybe some rough speed estimation but that would be it and after some time you will be able to do precisely that even without RMP hydro mod...:hmm2:
The mod basically exploits SH's hydrophones superior performance compared to the real life WW2 hydro equipment.

palmic 03-11-16 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siege00 (Post 2388665)

I was asking bout the same thing somewhen at January, but i really changed my mind since that :)
I don't think it to be useful anymore, because for it to be realistic, you should already know what ship it is, since every ship has different weight and physique in water.
And that is something you can get only optically (on short ranges).
And on short ranges optically you can get ship's speed by stopwatch with knowledge of its length.
So for me it doesn't make sense to use RPM's at hydrophone for it (And Some people here knows i love hydrophone mostly :) )

Sjizzle 03-11-16 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2388642)
Yes, I saw it, looks great! :up:

I was just about to ask you if you could prepare or recommend few more charts for next TWoS update. If you check files you'll see that we have few more empty slots available...:yep:

EDIT:
I've just checked...Only 3 slots are available...:wah::)

i can sent u all the charts what i have and u make a selection of them for TWoS

vdr1981 03-11-16 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sjizzle (Post 2388718)
i can sent u all the charts what i have and u make a selection of them for TWoS

That would be nice! :up:

Sjizzle 03-12-16 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2388722)
That would be nice! :up:

i have sent u in om the download link for the charts.... there are not included my charts mods....
have fun with the selection :D