SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL] SH5 Wooden Lifeboats (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=202993)

johan_d 05-11-13 03:00 PM

The front one looks like comming from a Romero movie..
Gonna try this! :up:

Targor Avelany 09-04-13 10:59 PM

mod has been updated to ver. 0.3

Quote:

ver. 0.3
The number of sailors in the boat was increased to 9 total. Now it's a bit crowded! :O: "В тесноте да не в обиде", как говоритсяю :up:
Download link is in the first post.

If you have any problems or concerns, please post.

gap 09-04-13 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Targor Avelany (Post 2110054)

Download link is in the first post.

If you have any problems or concerns, please post.

Well done Targor :yeah:

Should I update the subsim link of your mod with this last version, or do you prefer having it uploaded just to one site, in order to keep track of download statistics more easily? :)

Targor Avelany 09-05-13 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 2110061)
Well done Targor :yeah:

Should I update the subsim link of your mod with this last version, or do you prefer having it uploaded just to one site, in order to keep track of download statistics more easily? :)

yes, please. I tried, but I don't think I can. Thank you, sir. :yeah:

gap 09-05-13 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Targor Avelany (Post 2110082)
yes, please.

Done :up:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=4004

Quote:

I tried, but I don't think I can.

I think only the original uploader or someone with moderator privileges can modify an existing download.

Quote:

Thank you, sir. :yeah:

My pleasure :salute:

a couple of suggestions for v .4 (:D)

- crew on water (some animated, some dead :dead:)
- crates, planks, barrels, etc. floating randomly on the sea surface

For both you can get inspiration from iambecomelife's Wooden Lifeboats + Crew in Water Mod

volodya61 09-05-13 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Targor Avelany (Post 2110054)

Thank you :salute:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Targor Avelany (Post 2024995)
"В тесноте да не в обиде", как говоритсяю :up:

Жжешь :D

PS: did you see this thread? take a look - http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=206553

Targor Avelany 09-05-13 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 2110096)
Done :up:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=4004

I think only the original uploader or someone with moderator privileges can modify an existing download.

My pleasure :salute:

a couple of suggestions for v .4 (:D)

- crew on water (some animated, some dead :dead:)
- crates, planks, barrels, etc. floating randomly on the sea surface

For both you can get inspiration from iambecomelife's Wooden Lifeboats + Crew in Water Mod

Yay!

Well, last time I played, the survivors/dead sailors & debries were added by FX update, if I remember correctly. So don't see a reason.

Quote:

Originally Posted by volodya61 (Post 2110264)
Thank you :salute:

Жжешь :D

PS: did you see this thread? take a look - http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=206553

Yeah, I'll message the person eventually. I don't think the models are brand new though.

BTW, I compared conning towers from 7b in SH5 and 9b in SH3 and they are not much different, as I thought. The maind differences are the position of the scopes, so this will be an interesting problem to solve in the future, considering we still cannot do animations in GR2 files in no way.

gap 09-05-13 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Targor Avelany (Post 2110271)
Yay!
Well, last time I played, the survivors/dead sailors & debries were added by FX update, if I remember correctly. So don't see a reason.

Are you sure? :hmm2:

If memory serves me well, Fx Updates just spawns some generic, incoherent debris, but I can be wrong on this indeed. I don't remember having ever seen sailors on water.

Quote:

Yeah, I'll message the person eventually. I don't think the models are brand new though.

no, they are not, but going by what can be seen from the screenes, they are not that bad.

Quote:

BTW, I compared conning towers from 7b in SH5 and 9b in SH3 and they are not much different, as I thought. The maind differences are the position of the scopes, so this will be an interesting problem to solve in the future, considering we still cannot do animations in GR2 files in no way.

Moving scope bones shouldn't break their animations hopefully :)

Targor Avelany 09-05-13 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 2110289)
Are you sure? :hmm2:

If memory serves me well, Fx Updates just spawns some generic, incoherent debris, but I can be wrong on this indeed. I don't remember having ever seen sailors on water.

no, they are not, but going by what can be seen from the screenes, they are not that bad.

Moving scope bones shouldn't break their animations hopefully :)

I'm pretty sure there are sailors in the watter, dead and alive. I'll take some screenies once I fix my comp: Windows update screwed something royally up. It works, but in a horrid-weird way. Ugh.

And yeah, they loog good. That is not arguable :)

And yeah, that is pretty much what I'm hoping for - the move of location will not break the animation. We shall see :)

Sailor Steve 09-05-13 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 2110096)

That is correct, and in this case that would be me. :sunny:

gap 09-05-13 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Targor Avelany (Post 2110298)
I'm pretty sure there are sailors in the watter, dead and alive.

Okay, my bad then :up:

Quote:

Windows update screwed something royally up. It works, but in a horrid-weird way. Ugh.

:-?

Quote:

And yeah, they loog good. That is not arguable :)

yep, ignoring the pixelated edges which I think are due to the old SHIII shader, Wise's work look of SH5 quality :yep:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sailor Steve (Post 2110309)
That is correct, and in this case that would be me. :sunny:

Thank you Steve, good to know :salute:

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think that though not being a moderator Trevally too got special upload privileges, including the prerogative of modifying other's downloads. I know it because he helped me uploading DynEnv (which is far beyond the max allowed file size limit) here on subsim.

BaronVonChahyll 11-25-13 10:20 PM

I seem to be having an issue with OHII 2.2 where the lifeboats appear under water. any ideas lol?

Aktungbby 11-26-13 12:18 AM

Welcome aboard BaronVonChahyll on your first post!:salute: A PM might be useful here if not responded to shortly.

Rongel 11-26-13 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BaronVonChahyll (Post 2144711)
I seem to be having an issue with OHII 2.2 where the lifeboats appear under water. any ideas lol?

I had the same thing happening, wooden lifeboats are spawned under water where they sink to the bottom. Eerie sight!

But I thought that only I had this issue because some have reported that they work. :hmmm:

Targor Avelany 11-26-13 02:42 PM

ugh... I really need to look into this. Need to find some free time and figure this out (lol, my main problem is that I'll have to update many mods, hahahaha)

For those who has this problem please follow below instructions:
1) I need to know whether or not you are using this mod w/ the Rongel's lifeboats (barka type)?
2) Have you tried the lifeboats in a single mission environment? Is it working in a single mission or not?
3) I want to see your mod list.

I think this will apply to everyone except Rongel, as I know what mod list he is running.
Hopefully I will have some time this weekend to work on this and figure this out.