SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL] SH5 Wooden Lifeboats (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=202993)

Grizwald 03-14-13 03:53 PM

Awesome job man, they look great! :up:

gap 03-14-13 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith (Post 2025434)
I do believe that this is the first new GR2 unit in the game.

Probably yes. For sure the first one being released :yep:

Targor Avelany 03-14-13 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith (Post 2025434)
Nice :up: Good to see someone putting the GR2 Editor/Viewer through it's paces :D I do believe that this is the first new GR2 unit in the game.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 2025459)
Probably yes. For sure the first one being released :yep:

I can garantee you - not the last one :)

I am working on the ixb_ai unit re-import from shIII (sorry, the hull from sh4 is a hull from ixd not ixb, and after extencive research - they are different). It's just a pain to allign everything nicely.

With this one: I'll see what is going on with the draft. If someone could test and see how it looks in game - I would appreciate.

The reason I'm asking, because the draft has been changed in sim file, the mass has been adjusted (though it has been causing me issues when I managed to put accidentally 1500t instead of 1.5t in the mass - the boat would just not render in game at all), but the waives vs size of the boat making it hard to predict what would be too much.

keysersoze 03-14-13 04:20 PM

Great work!

volodya61 03-14-13 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Targor Avelany (Post 2025477)
With this one: I'll see what is going on with the draft. If someone could test and see how it looks in game - I would appreciate.

Okay.. I will/can look at it.. what values in the .sim should I change?

gap 03-14-13 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Targor Avelany (Post 2025477)
I can garantee you - not the last one :)

:Kaleun_Party:

I have some small requests for you, yet. I will discuss them at the right moment, if you don't mind :oops: :)

Targor Avelany 03-14-13 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by volodya61 (Post 2025485)
Okay.. I will/can look at it.. what values in the .sim should I change?

Thank you very much, volodya61, really appreciate it. Lack of time is my biggest annoyance atm.

primary: draft
secondary: mass, surfaced/submerged displacement

I'm hoping that it can be perfected with just fixing the draft. If I remember correctly (i'm at work atm) it is set to 0.4m at the moment.

The problem that I am having with the game files is an annoyance, that I will see different values between cfg file and .sim file of many units - and I don't know how that affects exactly those units in the game.

Same is happening with this particular unit: the cfg file has been updated with historical values. The actual weight of the boat from the historical page, which I'll post in about 2-3 hours (at work and can't seem to find it).

Targor Avelany 03-14-13 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 2025503)
:Kaleun_Party:

I have some small requests for you, yet. I will discuss them at the right moment, if you don't mind :oops: :)

You should know by now, that I take criticizm very well :) So just put it here or throw me a pm, bud :)

gap 03-14-13 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Targor Avelany (Post 2025507)
You should know by now, that I take criticizm very well :) So just put it here or throw me a pm, bud :)

no, no, it is not relative to your work, and it is actually totally out of topic here :oops:

Since you insist I will tell you in short: I have noticed that SH5 uses the same meshes as antenna of various radar warning receivers devices, which actually had the most various shapes. I was wondering if you could have replaced the old meshes with new, more accurate ones, if I provide you with pictures of the real antennas. That's all :)

Targor Avelany 03-14-13 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 2025515)
no, no, it is not relative to your work, and it is actually totally out of topic here :oops:

Since you insist I will tell you in short: I have noticed that SH5 uses the same meshes as antenna of various radar warning receivers devices, which actually had the most various shapes. I was wondering if you could have replaced the old meshes with new, more accurate ones, if I provide you with pictures of the real antennas. That's all :)

ooooooh!! This could be a very interesting work.

I can promis that I will try. I'll explain why: I learn 3d modeling on my own, with no background. I bet that more experienced people would have done even the lifeboat better then I did. But I'm enjoying it and that is why I have released this mod: the more feedback I get, the better I will become in the future - which I am excited about.

My next, very big and very very very SIDE project right now is to build IX b/c from scratch (as I mentioned before, the SH3/SH4 models I'm just not happy with, as they are not as nice as model of VII). So, if I have a chance to practice on making smaller detailed things - I will be very very happy!

volodya61 03-14-13 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Targor Avelany (Post 2025505)
Thank you very much, volodya61, really appreciate it. Lack of time is my biggest annoyance atm.

primary: draft
secondary: mass, surfaced/submerged displacement

I'm hoping that it can be perfected with just fixing the draft. If I remember correctly (i'm at work atm) it is set to 0.4m at the moment.

I'll test it tomorrow.. :yep:

Quote:

The problem that I am having with the game files is an annoyance, that I will see different values between cfg file and .sim file of many units - and I don't know how that affects exactly those units in the game.

as to me, I already edited values in the .cfg and the .sim files of Uboats.. now they are the same..
as to other units, I had never thought about it..

gap 03-14-13 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Targor Avelany (Post 2025520)
ooooooh!! This could be a very interesting work.

I can promis that I will try. I'll explain why: I learn 3d modeling on my own, with no background. I bet that more experienced people would have done even the lifeboat better then I did. But I'm enjoying it and that is why I have released this mod: the more feedback I get, the better I will become in the future - which I am excited about.

My next, very big and very very very SIDE project right now is to build IX b/c from scratch (as I mentioned before, the SH3/SH4 models I'm just not happy with, as they are not as nice as model of VII). So, if I have a chance to practice on making smaller detailed things - I will be very very happy!

Thank you Targor, you are my hero!

I will send you instructions and pictures (hopefully our keysersoze will help me finding good ones) as soon as possible! :up:

keysersoze 03-14-13 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Targor Avelany (Post 2025520)

Not to further derail this thread, but are there any more resources you need for the Type IX? I have not been able to find any really good IXB schematics yet but will keep looking.

gap 03-14-13 05:13 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by volodya61 (Post 2025525)
as to me, I already edited values in the .cfg and the .sim files of Uboats.. now they are the same..
as to other units, I had never thought about it..

yes, that's true: often cfg file specs and sim file specs are different, and one always wonder which ones are actually applied. :hmmm:

keysersoze 03-14-13 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 2025526)
Thank you Targor, you are my hero!

I will send you instructions and pictures (hopefully our keysersoze will help me finding good ones) as soon as possible! :up:

I'm on it... (gap, check your PM)