SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

THEBERBSTER 07-30-18 03:46 PM

Hi XS
Quote:

'OPEN HORIZONS II v2.5_TWoS Enhancement'
This mod is still used in sobers mega mod which I am the caretaker of.

If you do not want to download the mega mod I can upload the mod and PM it to you.
Peter

Lt commander lare 07-30-18 04:09 PM

How do you Get Rid of this Time Delay thing after the Mod Loading Screen is done and the Screen goes black should not have to wait 10 mins to play.

XenonSurf 07-30-18 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2563388)
Hi XS
This mod is still used in sobers mega mod which I am the caretaker of.
If you do not want to download the mega mod I can upload the mod and PM it to you.
Peter

Yes Peter, you would do me a very big favor indeed :yeah:

XenonSurf 07-30-18 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lt commander lare (Post 2563397)
How do you Get Rid of this Time Delay thing after the Mod Loading Screen is done and the Screen goes black should not have to wait 10 mins to play.

10 minutes is really VERY much :salute:
While in black screen, all TDW files are loaded and written in your game folder I guess, even on my laptop with only 1024 MB VRAM it takes only long when creating a new campaign (3-5 minutes), but when loading existing savegames it^s pretty fast.

Or are you talking about something else? If so then pardon me...

Lt commander lare 07-30-18 05:24 PM

loaded fine now but i cant get the Time Compression to work Right taking very long to do Baltic Mission. TC just keeps dropping. Everything is checked off

XenonSurf 07-30-18 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lt commander lare (Post 2563409)
loaded fine now but i cant get the Time Compression to work Right taking very long to do Baltic Mission. TC just keeps dropping. Everything is checked off

Probably meant to be so to avoid CTDs.
If you travel away from large ship groups or away from ports you can easily go higher than x128, up to x1024 now since v. 2.2.6.

With ships in sight you can increase up to x64, but it will drop if any new ship comes in sight.

Leon0803 07-31-18 08:06 AM

sooo for some reason when i receive a radio message it wont show up in the radio log until i save and reload....

is there any suggestion why that is? :C

Neugeniko 07-31-18 01:07 PM

Hi Guys.

Hi,
I'm new to SH5 with mods. I've played a lot of SH3 GWX modded before, but the graphics engine is showing glitches on this laptop. I abandoned SH5 orginally after a few hours play of that abortion but it seems WoS has made it playable, thanks guys. :up:

I started reading this thread because there is no manual but gave up after 150 pages because all the problem reports were making me depressed. :wah:

Anyway a few quick questions, for now.

How do I know when its safe to save? No visual contacts? No Sonar Contacts? No Land Visible? All of the three?

Whats the difference between silent running command key Z and silent running key f8?

I'm not sure if I saved the game at the start of campaign and reloaded the save. Can I checked some how if I did that?

Cheers,
Neug

Captain_AJ 07-31-18 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neugeniko (Post 2563473)
Hi,
I'm new to SH5 with mods. I've played a lot of SH3 GWX modded before, but the graphics engine is showing glitches on this laptop. I abandoned SH5 orginally after a few hours play of that abortion but it seems WoS has made it playable, thanks guys. :up:

I started reading this thread because there is no manual but gave up after 150 pages because all the problem reports were making me depressed. :wah:

Anyway a few quick questions, for now.

How do I know when its safe to save? No visual contacts? No Sonar Contacts? No Land Visible? All of the three?

Whats the difference between silent running command key Z and silent running key f8?

I'm not sure if I saved the game at the start of the campaign and reloaded the save. Can I check somehow if I did that?

Cheers,
Neug

it is ok to save at any time!!

The keys were default pre-mod config you can personalize when using TWOS

Contacts are visible when it comes to being close enough usually 11000 meters. your watch officer will estimate all targets when asked

DiddumsJ 07-31-18 02:59 PM

Hey so, I finally got around to buying the game and installing twos, but I cant get it running (steam user).. I know there are probably a lot of info, but I cant handle the search function on these forums either. (help?)

I installed it through the megamod installer, 2.6, got no errors or anything, when generic file patcher opened up i felt a bit lost, but I opened it and pressed "restore snapshot" and chose the TWOS one that showed up.

I got to select which TWOS mods to activate, i chose the ones helping out with realism, and made sure none collided with each other.

When I start the game, Uplay starts nicely, I see the loading screen load (the TWOS subsim one), but after that it freezes on a black screen. I see the steam overlay popup telling me I might need the cd-key, thats how i know its frozen. Nothing will help, and I have to close the application through the task manager.

Help appreciated!!! Thanks a lot in advance.

EDIT: God I feel stupid, I was just too impatient.. it loaded fine, was just froze for a bit and then started.

Leon0803 08-01-18 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon0803 (Post 2563441)
sooo for some reason when i receive a radio message it wont show up in the radio log until i save and reload....

help :c

XenonSurf 08-01-18 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon0803 (Post 2563441)

With 'Radio Log' you mean the message box on the lower right? Here NOT ALL radio messages will appear, you must check your CAPTAIN'S LOG in regular fashion to get news about convoy contacts spotted around the world, or other important info from BDU adressed to you specifically. The radio messages appearing in the message box (grey messages) are for 'entertainment' only, although historically correct in most cases, but you WILL NOT find contacts where they say. Instead, red messages and those from Captain's Log WILL have contacts where they say.
Then, to save all this info you must save it via the captain's log icon, give it a dedicated name and reload it after you have reloaded your save (be sure to load the correct one!). Supermarks on the map are also saved with this system.

I hope I made it clear, my English is lowing life recently...

Captain_AJ 08-01-18 10:23 AM

once in awhile

This is a common weather thing In the north Atlantic I would love to see this represented in the game where can I tweak?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPy2DHHnlqQ

XenonSurf 08-01-18 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_AJ (Post 2563575)
This is a common weather thing In the north Atlantic I would love to see this represented in the game where can I tweak?

Nice pic...:)
An idea, I don't know if it works:

Take the mod 'Deckgun Friendly Waves', what it does is make the waves SMALLER for easier deck gun operations. Take the files in the mod and tweak them in the opposite way, you should get what you want, but will the game be still playable? Let's see...Tell us how it works!

In reallity, I guess it was simplier for a sub to move 1/3 speed submerged for long time instead of being slowed down (and subject to detection) on surface with such high waves. A sub would then surface at night to recharge batteries. Also such 'Kavenzmänner' would be very dangerous for a sub, subs (even today) are miserable ships that demand to be submerged...

Topp1967 08-01-18 01:30 PM

Enigma Problem

Hi Captains

Have finally decided to move onto TWOS and I am very impressed! Some piece of work, I mean thanks to all involved its pretty awesome.

I tried using the enigma machine - successfully - however after I miss typed a character then cleared it the 4th rotor keeps rotating every time I key a new character. I disabled the enigma mod and started a new career as I had made a backside of my first attempt at my SH5 career, however since reactivating the enigma option every key stroke causes the 4th rotor to rotate one space - any advice would be most appreciated as it is infuriating me.

Muckenberg 08-02-18 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XenonSurf (Post 2563588)
Nice pic...:)
An idea, I don't know if it works:

Take the mod 'Deckgun Friendly Waves', what it does is make the waves SMALLER for easier deck gun operations. Take the files in the mod and tweak them in the opposite way, you should get what you want, but will the game be still playable? Let's see...Tell us how it works!

In reallity, I guess it was simplier for a sub to move 1/3 speed submerged for long time instead of being slowed down (and subject to detection) on surface with such high waves. A sub would then surface at night to recharge batteries. Also such 'Kavenzmänner' would be very dangerous for a sub, subs (even today) are miserable ships that demand to be submerged...

Hello
If I know so in Generic Patcher it is possible to activate the wind 60m / s. If it does increase waves, unfortunately, it is not known.
Does not it also have to adjust the movement of the submarine on the surface if there were such waves? I mean, without a GP.

skipjack578 08-02-18 03:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_AJ (Post 2563575)

You can tweak wave properties with Silent 3ditor in file:
SH5\Data\Scene.dat

Under:
Node - Sky > EnvSim > Wind > WavesProperties

I was experimenting with high waves before, if you set them too high you will get all kinds of glitches like flying sub in the air, ships sinking and so on...so good luck.

Neugeniko 08-02-18 03:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_AJ (Post 2563480)
it is ok to save at any time!!

I hear different but I'm not sure of specifics.

Quote:

The keys were default pre-mod config you can personalize when using TWOS
OK, but what is the difference between key (f8 silent running ability) and key (z silent running speed)?

Quote:

Contacts are visible when it comes to being close enough usually 11000 meters. your watch officer will estimate all targets when asked
Not sure how to get him to estimate ALL targets, please clarify.

Neugeniko 08-02-18 03:49 AM

Hi again,
How do I run on one engine in rough weather? The automatic 'standard propulsion' command from waves seems to enable both shafts all the time!

Cheers,
Neug

XenonSurf 08-02-18 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neugeniko (Post 2563647)
I hear different but I'm not sure of specifics

With TWoS you can save at all times (but in differnt slots !!), with other modlists the answer is NO, you can get CTDs with damaged ships or planes nearby. Do not save in these situations..