SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 5 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=244)
-   -   Silent Hunter 5 Tactics & Tips - "How do I?" & FAQ! READ IF YOU ARE STUCK (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=162934)

Nicolai_Clausen 03-01-15 02:18 AM

Changes in the upgrade to ver1.2.0 and how to fix

Okay mates. Those of you that have been in SH5 for a while, hopefully you are able to assist. I have found the up grade version of SH5 to ver 1.2. When I get back into the game I noticed I no longer can see a the screens for CREW Management (g) System Page (h) Torpedo management (j) and Status Report (enter). These buttons no longer work. How to I get them to reactivate?

On another note, How to I get a watch crew to the bridge when surfaced? I must be missing something here.

Thanks!:Kaleun_Periskop:

svs49 03-01-15 10:02 AM

Please

Please advise on the keyboard keys for turning the inner disks in the Attack Disk (front and back sides). I'm using the Mangum Opus Mod.

Thanks !

reesha 05-15-15 06:56 AM

i'm searchin for a while but i can't found any actual walktrough on subsim. It's forbidden or nobody interested to make one? if approved maybe i would like to make 1 already.

THEBERBSTER 05-15-15 05:56 PM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > reesha :subsim:
You Will Always Find Someone Here To Help You :sunny:
New To Silent Hunter <> Need Help <> Click On My Thread Link. :salute:
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community :yeah:
Tonnage Bar Fix Here > Tutorial Post #188 Not Needed If Using TWOS & sobers Latest Mods List :/\\!!
Post #24 Shaefer’s Season 2 Let's Play Silent Hunter 5 YouTube Videos :ping:

Kamlong00 10-22-16 10:52 PM

Targeting enemy planes

How do i target enemy planes? or do i need to learn how to lead.

Aktungbby 10-25-16 07:11 PM

Welcome aboard!

Kamlong00!:Kaleun_Salute:

THEBERBSTER 10-26-16 04:57 AM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > Kamlong00
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
If you are new to SH5 look > > HERE <<
Highly Recommended SH5 > The Wolves Of Steel Mega Mod > Includes KSDCommander And Working Enigma M4 Machine
Highly Recommended SH3 > LIVING SILENT HUNTER III EDITION 2015 Mega Mod > Full Tutorials And Much More In My Signature
Highly Recommended SH4 > Webster’s GFO (Mini Mega Mod)
Steam Installation Instructions By ValoWay
SH4 <> TUTORIALS <> HOW TO DO IT <> INFO <> DOWNLOAD LINKS

Use the in game tutorial to practice or leave it to your crew to fire the gun.

Jimbuna 10-26-16 07:07 AM

Welcome to SubSim Kamlong :Kaleun_Salute:

Da-Gman 08-14-17 10:36 AM

Change key bindings from WSAD to Arrow keys???

Ahoy fellow commanders, i'd like to know how do i change the movement keys from the WASD keys to the Arrow keys for movement about the sub???

THEBERBSTER 08-14-17 12:10 PM

Hi DG
Replaces the stock keyboards W-A-S-D keys with arrow keys.
F1 help shows you the key board layout in the game + documentation also.
Church's SHV 1.01 Keyboard Commands > Enable JSGME
Peter

No name 09-30-17 07:10 PM

Sounds like a stupid one I never got around lol.

How do I navigate the Kiel canal on max time warp? I keep planning out the route before I get underway yet somehow I just "skip" on to land. Is that part of it naturally buggy? I've ran into the bloody sub pens once from outside Denmark lol.

(Could just be me and my old PC though :hmmm:)

Pionier 01-02-18 10:38 AM

Radio silence or not?

If I do not obey to the BDU order and do not send any radio about my status and location, is there any penalty for me? I do not want to risk my sub and crew for a stupid order! :hmmm:

Aktungbby 01-02-18 12:23 PM

welcome aboard!

PIONIER!:Kaleun_Salute:

THEBERBSTER 01-02-18 03:26 PM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > Pionier
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
Tutorials And Other Information Links In My Signature Below

XenonSurf 01-02-18 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pionier (Post 2534495)
If I do not obey to the BDU order and do not send any radio about my status and location, is there any penalty for me? I do not want to risk my sub and crew for a stupid order! :hmmm:

Welcome Pionier,
I play with TWoS which is much improved compared to vanilla, so i can't exactly report how you succeed in vanilla game.

What counts for your career is both the tonnage you sink and that you succeed in your first mission objectives (no need to do any secondary missions, it's optional). You can see your progress in the 'Captain's Log'. If you read 'on-going' you still need to work, if you reed 'Finished' the event is over, even if you did not personally sink anything: All events are TIME-DRIVEN if you play with TWoS, meaning events will be over at a specific time frame to respect historical events. If you play the vanilla game then AFAIK you need an amount of tonnage sunk to succeed. New missions can only be obtained in the Bunker at port.

I hope this helps you,