SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 5 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=244)
-   -   Silent Hunter 5 Tactics & Tips - "How do I?" & FAQ! READ IF YOU ARE STUCK (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=162934)

dagamecat 03-05-10 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by von_Trepka (Post 1295931)
Hi guys, How do I ping depth under keel? Or cant I do so, in this "not-going-to-be-released-unfinished" game?

I'm not sure how to do it in vanilla game, but you can create a key-binding for it. I just installed this mod which works nicely.

Weather-guesser 03-05-10 04:42 PM

[QUOTE=Neal Stevens;

When you install the game, you get a choice of German or English voices. To switch, you need to reinstall or you can add them manually from the game disc.
SilentHunter 5\data\LngGameData\Voices\German\data\movies
SilentHunter 5\data\LngGameData\Voices\German\data\sound
Just copy them over to the right location.[/QUOTE]

OK, before I reinstall this under German language for nothing...can I have German voices with English subtitles? No sense having it in German if I cant understand them. :timeout: sorry for the double post

Decoman 03-05-10 04:47 PM

Q: Assuming the game actually stored a screenshot, exactly where do I find the saved screenshots on my Vista 64?

(Game is installed on d: drive, my OS is on the c: drive, don't know if that matters)

Se7en 03-05-10 09:18 PM

Hey guys it's my first post on subsim, i've been following you for about a year or so since i got my copy of SH4 and im pretty thrilled about seeing so many subs aficionados 'round here, u guys doing a great job! :rock:

Now back to the matter at hand, how the heck can i get my gramophone in SH 5 toggled, i saw it in commands.cfg but i still don't know how to make it work in game.

Thanks in advance!:salute:

enduser 03-05-10 09:41 PM

Hello Guys.
Yesterday I bought the game, and it looks great. All besides terrible controls.
I try to play Tutorial Mission. And found One BIG PROBLEM:damn: I just cant zoom on navigation map and mini-map . I cant find a key or icon for it. I suppose that this can be done with a mouse wheel. But wheel on my mouse is broken . :damn::damn: This make me Mad. Plz Help me guys . becouse i just cant enjoy this game. I tried to bind Zoom in and Zoom out commands on the keyboard keys in "Commands.cfg" but failed.:x Anyone can help me ?

kylania 03-05-10 10:11 PM

Welcome aboard you two! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Se7en (Post 1296762)
Hey guys it's my first post on subsim, i've been following you for about a year or so since i got my copy of SH4 and im pretty thrilled about seeing so many subs aficionados 'round here, u guys doing a great job! :rock:

Now back to the matter at hand, how the heck can i get my gramophone in SH 5 toggled, i saw it in commands.cfg but i still don't know how to make it work in game.

Thanks in advance!:salute:

There's a mod in the Workshop forum that enables the Gramaphone. For some reason it was left out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by enduser (Post 1296788)
Hello Guys.
Yesterday I bought the game, and it looks great. All besides terrible controls.
I try to play Tutorial Mission. And found One BIG PROBLEM:damn: I just cant zoom on navigation map and mini-map . I cant find a key or icon for it. I suppose that this can be done with a mouse wheel. But wheel on my mouse is broken . :damn::damn: This make me Mad. Plz Help me guys . becouse i just cant enjoy this game. I tried to bind Zoom in and Zoom out commands on the keyboard keys in "Commands.cfg" but failed.:x Anyone can help me ?

The answer really is to spend the $10 and get a mouse with a wheel. Used to be you could hold both buttons and zoom that way I think, but honestly, spend the money and get a working mouse. :)

Se7en 03-05-10 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kylania (Post 1296826)
There's a mod in the Workshop forum that enables the Gramaphone. For some reason it was left out.

Weird enough, as i usually play the game with music from the gramophone, i don't use external players while in game during long voyages. Its about both immersion and maybe less resources consumption. In other words this little detail is vital for me :cry:

So if you guys have any solutions, you'll be of great help!

Herr Kepumfrmfloppin 03-05-10 11:01 PM

SH5 Camera

I see lots of great camera and video shots from players in sh5.

I'd like to take some too but my external camera only goes up or down.. no zoom in or side shots that I can see how to do.

How do I zoom in on things and move the camera around? I can only go up or down with it and no docs explaining how to do other things.

Anyone know?

Captain von Keldunk 03-05-10 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herr Kepumfrmfloppin (Post 1296911)
I see lots of great camera and video shots from players in sh5.

I'd like to take some too but my external camera only goes up or down.. no zoom in or side shots that I can see how to do.

How do I zoom in on things and move the camera around? I can only go up or down with it and no docs explaining how to do other things.

Anyone know?

If you see mouse cursor in camera mode, click right mouse button and
it will change to a small cross, now you can use mouse to turn camera,
move camera with W,S,A,D keys.:salute:

kylania 03-06-10 12:19 AM

Some of the closeup shots are probably made with CCIP's camera mod, you can find that in the Workshop too. :)

Subsim Monitor 03-06-10 01:54 AM

FAQ posts and Tips only, please :) Feel free to make a new thread to discuss other subjects.

thank you

abbysinthe 03-06-10 02:12 AM

here's a pro tip for the people that can't find the mission icons on the map - after the tutorial - to start the campaign...go buy the game. :yeah: the missing icons = one of the triggers used in the DRM that Sebastian Bach's band couldn't 'fix.' :salute:

John Channing 03-06-10 07:07 AM

I was wondering when someone was going to point that out.

JCC

Sanuck 03-06-10 07:51 AM

Hi
a couple of quick questions

how do i remove personel from deck gun position
without diving and re surface ?

is there an in built frame rate counter ?

Thanks in advance

basti107 03-06-10 10:09 AM

please, how do i get rid of the target icon (triangle) over the ships in the uzo and the attack periscope?

further i'd like to know where to turn off the letters "target locked".

i play on 100% realism but these graphics are not very realisticly...