SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

PrEZeX 01-28-15 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vladimir bondarenko (Post 2282518)
It is necessary to include this function in TDW_GenericPatcher_v_1_0_168_0. It at you probably is disconnected

Thank you Vladimir, I found the setting in Generic Patcher. I've looked at it earlier but the description was (for me) misleading. The patch setting stated "When player designates a target for attack with deck gun this prevents the automatic firing of the deck gun by the crew until the player is ready to fire" so I thought that this just prevent autofire when i select a target but it seems it's preventing the selection of a target altogether. Thank you for pinpointing where I should look for the solution.

Maybe you can also help me with my earlier questions, namely:

"I have a question regarding the use of flak gun/radar/deck gun while surfaced. Sometimes when I'm surfaced I cannot order my crew to man the guns or use the radar. I can also see that the "you are under water" icon is flashing sporadically. You can test it for yourselves using the "air-to-air test" historical mission. The wind speed is just 5m/s (its only light breeze) so manning the guns and using the radar should not be a problem."

and

"Does anybody know what's the difference between using the battlestations key (F1) vs the option in the officer menu? I can see that it is possible to use both at the same time (it shows different icons in the upper right corner of the screen). Why is it so and which "version" should I use and why? This also applies to silent running."

Jimbuna 01-29-15 06:16 AM

Welcome McDuff :sunny:

jokerwildcat 01-29-15 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrEZeX (Post 2282525)
"I have a question regarding the use of flak gun/radar/deck gun while surfaced. Sometimes when I'm surfaced I cannot order my crew to man the guns or use the radar. I can also see that the "you are under water" icon is flashing sporadically. You can test it for yourselves using the "air-to-air test" historical mission. The wind speed is just 5m/s (its only light breeze) so manning the guns and using the radar should not be a problem."

and

"Does anybody know what's the difference between using the battlestations key (F1) vs the option in the officer menu? I can see that it is possible to use both at the same time (it shows different icons in the upper right corner of the screen). Why is it so and which "version" should I use and why? This also applies to silent running."

Your deck gun and flak gun won't work in rough weather, nor will it work under water. The frequent "we are under water" thing is a result of bad weather (high waves) and/or adjusting of various settings (environment mods etc). If it's happening all the time, even in fair weather, then I'd try reinstalling the mod and starting a new game... Keep in mind that using decks awash (manually or as part of the mod) the sub will behave as though it's under water (you can't use binos, take fixes, report visual contacts etc). That's frustrating for sure.

Regarding the different battlestations keys and what not, I'm not sure either. I rarely use them

Aktungbby 01-30-15 12:13 AM

welcome aboard!
 
nom4d & Rippersport! :Kaleun_Salute:

THEBERBSTER 01-30-15 05:07 AM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > McDuff222 :subsim:


You Will Always Find Someone Here To Help You :sunny:


Link To My > SH3 SH4 SH5 > Posts :salute:


Step By Step Tutorials & How To Do It. :up:


Also Included Are Some Useful Download Links :yep:


http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=211804


If You Are New To Subsim or Silent Hunter My Thread Link Might Save You Some Time. :salute:


Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community :yeah:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?p=2033119%23post2033119

Oby 01-30-15 03:05 PM

I want to test inertia but I'm a little confused.

If I use inertia patch from TDW generic patcher, must I also install TDW_Ship_Inertia_1_1_0+TDW_IRAI_0_0_41_Inertia_Dam age or I could just enable inertia patch from generic patcher with only TDW_IRAI_0_0_41_Inertia_Damage?

Thanks

PrEZeX 01-30-15 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jokerwildcat (Post 2282879)
Your deck gun and flak gun won't work in rough weather, nor will it work under water. The frequent "we are under water" thing is a result of bad weather (high waves) and/or adjusting of various settings (environment mods etc). If it's happening all the time, even in fair weather, then I'd try reinstalling the mod and starting a new game... Keep in mind that using decks awash (manually or as part of the mod) the sub will behave as though it's under water (you can't use binos, take fixes, report visual contacts etc). That's frustrating for sure.

Regarding the different battlestations keys and what not, I'm not sure either. I rarely use them

Thank you for your help. :yeah:

adrians69 01-31-15 01:43 PM

1.03 update
 
Thanks for the 1.03 update vecko. Glad to see you are still improving this mega mod.

Finnsuper 02-01-15 01:20 AM

Can you help me
 
I am grateful for this assembly. But half of the mods do not see a list of the documents in the folder. I do everything as described in the installation but I can not start a new game. it crashes to the desktop. Could you give a more detailed description or complete assembly of your mods please

finnsuper@mail.ru

Aktungbby 02-01-15 02:29 AM

welcome aboard!
 
Finnsuper! :Kaleun_Salute:

BattleRabbit 02-01-15 06:51 AM

Anybody know how to fix the problem with destroyers knowing where you are even when you are sitting on the bottom (below 40m), not moving and doing nothing?
Sometimes they won't even attack me when I surface they will just follow me forever and more often than not I can't even get into rang to kill them.

I've tried reload a saved game but in places like the dover straits it happens to often that one will magically see me and hunt me.

I read somewhere that it's a problem with IRAI http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...postcount=2272 is there a way to disable it or configure it?

Jimbuna 02-01-15 07:17 AM

Welcome to SubSim Finnsuper :sunny:

vdr1981 02-01-15 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BattleRabbit (Post 2283490)
Anybody know how to fix the problem with destroyers knowing where you are even when you are sitting on the bottom (below 40m), not moving and doing nothing?
Sometimes they won't even attack me when I surface they will just follow me forever and more often than not I can't even get into rang to kill them.

I've tried reload a saved game but in places like the dover straits it happens to often that one will magically see me and hunt me.

I read somewhere that it's a problem with IRAI http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...postcount=2272 is there a way to disable it or configure it?

The problem with SH5 AI is that it can be very skilled and stupid in the same time.:) There is one file that can effect exactly what you want (init.aix), check IRAI redme file, you may found something interesting there...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Finnsuper (Post 2283443)
I am grateful for this assembly. But half of the mods do not see a list of the documents in the folder. I do everything as described in the installation but I can not start a new game. it crashes to the desktop. Could you give a more detailed description or complete assembly of your mods please

finnsuper@mail.ru

There aren't readme files for some mods because they are not contained in their original packages in the first place.
Make sure that you are familiar with JSGME and TDW generic patcher before you start your instalation...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oby (Post 2283069)
I want to test inertia but I'm a little confused.

If I use inertia patch from TDW generic patcher, must I also install TDW_Ship_Inertia_1_1_0+TDW_IRAI_0_0_41_Inertia_Dam age or I could just enable inertia patch from generic patcher with only TDW_IRAI_0_0_41_Inertia_Damage?

Thanks

Those mods are not necessary and probably incompatible IMO. The patch effects propeller RPM inertia.

bobbyr 02-01-15 08:10 AM

Hi, huge fan of this mod, from the 3 mega mods for SH5 it's my favourite.

However, I'd like to learn how to properly play the Wolves of Steel.

Background info:

I'm completely new to SH 5, only played some of the tutorials included in this mod and 2-3 hours of gameplay (until I reach Danzig Bay in the first campaign mission).

I played SH 4 U-Boat missions for a long time, when it hit the market till about 2010, then I stopped playing SH till late last year. I previously always played with a lot of AI help (around 50% realism), but I got sick and tired of it and I decided to start a proper Silent Hunter career from now on 100% realism + real navigation. It's much more fun so far already.

However, I'm struggling a lot with tracking enemies, pursuing/ shadowing them, setting up for an attack and actually attacking. I just don't know how to do it.

I've learned how to use real navigation though to track my course and follow courses I want and reach designated areas so that's a plus. (I watched tutorials).

Apart from that though I'm having problems and I feel somewhat helpless, I don't know how to pursuit / intercept enemy ships and how to engage them.

I've watched a lot of stoianm's tutorials and they are great, but a lot of significant things in his mods differ from the Wolves of Steel, so I can't really apply them to the Wolves of Steel.

I know that vdr1981 has made a few tutorials, but I think they only start once the enym ship is close and in sight and they are 480p (I can not read text in that resolution on my big screen) and there is no commentary.

Any advice would be appreciated how I can learn how to play this mod with 100 % realism and real navigation.
Like I wrote, I've figuered out the part how to get my boat to locations I want to go, but I really need to learn what to do from basically the point where a new contact gets reported to me (via hydro or visual id), how I should pursuit / hunt / shadow it, engagement, TDC setup and escaping.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Aktungbby 02-01-15 10:43 AM

welcome aboard!
 
BattleRabbit! :Kaleun_Salute:after a silent two year run.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:02 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1995- 2023 Subsim®
"Subsim" is a registered trademark, all rights reserved.