SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

xXNightEagleXx 06-12-17 08:24 AM

Is report contact still working? Radio message in overall seems to not be working anymore. The shortcut is disabled and directly giving the order to one of the crew gives no results.

fitzcarraldo 06-12-17 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2490592)
Hi fitz
A bit more info for you.
It is a good idea to turn off your ant-virus as this can cause problems sometimes.
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=wh...c2bC5PHXrPWu3g

The only problem I had after the installation was a driver one about a week after the Creator update when Windows updaed my driver to the incompatible 382.05 and I had totally black screens on all 3 SH games.
I rolled back my driver to the previous version and eveything is now ok.
Peter

OK, many thanks!

I will try it. Now playing with W10 pre-Creator, all fine.

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

vdr1981 06-12-17 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottvdken (Post 2490538)

EDIT: Nvm - it helps if you read the documentation thoroughly.

Finally... At least someone reads it.:)

goodman528 06-12-17 10:54 AM

I have installed SH5 1.20, then your mod, then v2.02 update of your mod, then enabled real navigation in the mod list. When I press hotkey E in game to bring up the reference charts and books, all of them are just displayed as black rectangles.

I am using windows 10 64bit, nvidia GTX970. I have no other mods installed. I have "override high DPI scaling behavior. Scaling performed by: application" ticked in the sh5.exe properties compatibility tab. Without this ticked the game crashes on starting.

Also the loading times for the game both at the start and on loading a saved game is very long, ~5mins.

vdr1981 06-12-17 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goodman528 (Post 2490678)
I have installed SH5 1.20, then your mod, then v2.02 update of your mod, then enabled real navigation in the mod list. When I press hotkey E in game to bring up the reference charts and books, all of them are just displayed as black rectangles.

I am using windows 10 64bit, nvidia GTX970. I have no other mods installed. I have "override high DPI scaling behavior. Scaling performed by: application" ticked in the sh5.exe properties compatibility tab. Without this ticked the game crashes on starting.

Also the loading times for the game both at the start and on loading a saved game is very long, ~5mins.

Direct X, GPU drivers or administration rights (or everything mentioned)...Maybe even SH5.exe compatibility options. All in all, it's system related issue mostly present in MS latest OS for mobile phones (AKA Win 10)...

hauangua 06-12-17 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goodman528 (Post 2490678)

Maybe you use antilag MOD?

goodman528 06-12-17 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hauangua (Post 2490685)

I switched off vsync in the nvidia control panel, it is working fine now. But I do have some frame drops when i'm on the deck and looking around. Will this antilag mod solve this problem? Can you link me this mod? and is it safe to use with wolves of steel?

goodman528 06-12-17 01:09 PM

I have solved the previous issue by switching off vsync in nvidia control panel.

I have looked through the museum in the main menu, and I only see type II A/B and type VII variants up to C/41 for German submarines. So I will never be able to play in Type II D, VII/42, IX, and XXI? I'm new to SH5, and this is extremely disappointing. Also for torpedoes, will I be able to get some of the new types with faster propulsion and the one with active sonar seeking?

Nemesis Bosseret 06-12-17 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2490592)
Hi fitz
A bit more info for you.
It is a good idea to turn off your ant-virus as this can cause problems sometimes.
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=wh...c2bC5PHXrPWu3g

The only problem I had after the installation was a driver one about a week after the Creator update when Windows updaed my driver to the incompatible 382.05 and I had totally black screens on all 3 SH games.
I rolled back my driver to the previous version and eveything is now ok.
Peter

Ironically mine works fine with the most up to date nvida driver

THEBERBSTER 06-12-17 02:25 PM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community and TWOS > goodman528
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community:salute:

fitzcarraldo 06-12-17 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hauangua (Post 2490685)

BTW, I use antilag in TWoS without any problem.

Regards.

Frederf 06-13-17 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXNightEagleXx (Post 2490634)
Is report contact still working? Radio message in overall seems to not be working anymore. The shortcut is disabled and directly giving the order to one of the crew gives no results.

I need a group of 2 or 3 and crew will say "convoy in sight, want to send a contact report?" That's the #2 button "Send contact report) of 5 for radioman. The #1 button "Report contacts" has never done anything. Maybe it is a special function for very rare custom mission. Similar weather report is disabled.

---

What is the correct way to save and load journal? Journal text is auto loaded correctly for me without any action but super/nav marks aren't and I have to load them manually. The annoyance is destroyed marks are being saved or loaded with 0° L/L which puts them all in a pile. I would just like to know which checkboxes to save and load to not corrupt the DM positioning.

vdr1981 06-13-17 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frederf (Post 2490862)
---

What is the correct way to save and load journal? Journal text is auto loaded correctly for me without any action but super/nav marks aren't and I have to load them manually. The annoyance is destroyed marks are being saved or loaded with 0° L/L which puts them all in a pile. I would just like to know which checkboxes to save and load to not corrupt the DM positioning.

Once you load your save game, You can use two (load and save) buttons at the bottom of your Journal page. DM can not be saved and I usually disable them completely trough map options since I play with real nav on. 0° L/L is a known glitch...

fitzcarraldo 06-14-17 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nemesis Bosseret (Post 2490726)
Ironically mine works fine with the most up to date nvida driver

Please, what is the number of your last Nvidia driver? I have 382.53 and sh5.exe donīt work with W10 Creator.

Many thanks!

THEBERBSTER 06-14-17 01:53 PM

Hi fitz
I keep saying in various posts that the 2017 382.?? driver updates by Microsoft are all incompatible with any SH version.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...&postcount=917
Post #303) GPU Driver Roll Back To A Previous Version.
Peter