SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

elder_gutknecht 11-26-16 10:18 AM

One more time, while talking with my crew in the battery room, i can remenber if the first CTD happened in the same section

vdr1981 11-26-16 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elder_gutknecht (Post 2448719)
One more time, while talking with my crew in the battery room, i can remenber if the first CTD happened in the same section

I'm aware of occasional CTD while interacting with crew problem. It's mostly noticeable when talking with the guy from rear torpedo room (useless, because there is no any interaction options after all). The problem is that the issue is not 100% reproducible and it's hard to catch. For now, just avoid interaction with that guy...

In general, note that all complex crew interaction animation can sometimes crash the game, especially after long playing session, so be careful with that.

When I get home I'll try to reproduce the issue...

elder_gutknecht 11-26-16 11:16 AM

You are right 5 hours playing, saving and then resume, i'll exit to windows after 2 hours
Thanks

vdr1981 11-26-16 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elder_gutknecht (Post 2448732)
You are right 5 hours playing, saving and then resume, i'll exit to windows after 2 hours
Thanks

Quote:

Arrrrgh, time to start my 3rd patrol again
You didn't create not even one gamesave during your patrol?:o

elder_gutknecht 11-26-16 01:33 PM

I save always before enter in my zone patrol and between long travels, so i can start my 3rd patrol, near again to finish but this time won't talk with my crew
Thanks mate for your work

vdr1981 11-26-16 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elder_gutknecht (Post 2448753)
I save always before enter in my zone patrol and between long travels, so i can start my 3rd patrol, near again to finish but this time won't talk with my crew
Thanks mate for your work

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...postcount=5674

elder_gutknecht 11-26-16 03:58 PM

Then a good späetzel can change your luck, i'm spaniard but love it

THEBERBSTER 11-26-16 04:03 PM

Good advice from Vecko as always.
No problems with my crew since.
It pays to bump up the bonus points on the Bosun especially as the Cook seems to be 1 morale point lower than others and that means no special meal unless you use the Bosun's emergency morale booster.
Peter

THEBERBSTER 11-26-16 05:06 PM

Hi Vecko
Just enabled update 3b to night.
This update 3b coincides that I have just received the upgrade to a VIIB.
I notice there is a Tab to update the Deck Gun but there is not a Tab for the Flak Gun.
The Deck Gun Tab is irrelevant anyway as only the 88cm type of gun was fitted anyway.
I would have thought the single barrelled Flak Gun would show some sort of update even if not currently available.
Peter

vdr1981 11-26-16 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2448785)
Hi Vecko
Just enabled update 3b to night.
This update 3b coincides that I have just received the upgrade to a VIIB.
I notice there is a Tab to update the Deck Gun but there is not a Tab for the Flak Gun.
The Deck Gun Tab is irrelevant anyway as only the 88cm type of gun was fitted anyway.
I would have thought the single barrelled Flak Gun would show some sort of update even if not currently available.
Peter

You have to change conning tower first. Default VIIB conning tower never had AA capabilities (my favorite by the way)...

kevinsue 11-26-16 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2448721)
I'm aware of occasional CTD while interacting with crew problem. It's mostly noticeable when talking with the guy from rear torpedo room (useless, because there is no any interaction options after all). The problem is that the issue is not 100% reproducible and it's hard to catch. For now, just avoid interaction with that guy...

In general, note that all complex crew interaction animation can sometimes crash the game, especially after long playing session, so be careful with that.

When I get home I'll try to reproduce the issue...

Hi Vecko, my TWoS installations have been rock solid for quite a long time now with the exception of one situation. If my boat receives damage which could be considered a "killer blow", for instance direct hits from a DD's heavy guns, especially if still surfaced, will usually result in a CTD for me. "Severe" damage normally results in the usual frenzy of activity such as trying to control flooding, and damage control teams trying to repair things etc but no CTD. As I don't recall seeing anyone else reporting this specific condition, it is more than likely that this is peculiar to my system but would be interesting to know if other players have encountered this. I also get an error message that "Silent Hunter 5 has stopped working" every time that I exit the game normally.

http://i66.tinypic.com/2hoziid.jpg

kevinsue 11-26-16 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2448703)
If you enable appropriate TAI/Nav map options via OFEV (Torpedo Solution Line), you should be able to observe in game predicted torpedo path . Don't forget to also disable real nav of course...:yep:

:up: just about got it all sorted now. :D These pattern running torpedoes are the first new toys I've had to play with for ages! I'm now hanging out to get my hands on a radar set but I fear that won't happen for a while yet....:wah:

The crew are excited and eager to get out of La Spezia and back to the Gibraltar/Malta convoy route to see for themselves how effective these new T1 FaT 1 torpedoes really are! :yep:

http://i66.tinypic.com/dr81er.jpg

http://i63.tinypic.com/2a5zsis.jpg

vdr1981 11-26-16 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevinsue (Post 2448793)
Hi Vecko, my TWoS installations have been rock solid for quite a long time now with the exception of one situation. If my boat receives damage which could be considered a "killer blow", for instance direct hits from a DD's heavy guns, especially if still surfaced, will usually result in a CTD for me. "Severe" damage normally results in the usual frenzy of activity such as trying to control flooding, and damage control teams trying to repair things etc but no CTD. As I don't recall seeing anyone else reporting this specific condition, it is more than likely that this is peculiar to my system but would be interesting to know if other players have encountered this. I also get an error message that "Silent Hunter 5 has stopped working" every time that I exit the game normally.

http://i66.tinypic.com/2hoziid.jpg

Strange indeed...No such issues here, but I will do some quick testing...:yep:
My game does not crash even if I treat my sub as a hovercraft and fly out at dry land with high TC :), which means almost instant destruction of all sub systems and parts...

If we define strict test scenario where CTD can be reproduced for you and for me, then there is a good chance that I could fix the issue (if it exists at all)...:yep:

For a start, can you do "hovercraft" (:D) test without CTD ?
Can you confirm that the issue is still there even with clean SH5/TWoS installation without any additional mods?

EDIT:
I just got pounded to death by two destroyers in "FX Update Testing" mission (surfaced) and drove type VIIC41 with flank speed into dry land with TC32...All went fine (not so fine for Dieter and the gang though...):hmm2:

Can you pass mentioned tests?

THEBERBSTER 11-26-16 07:43 PM

Hi Vecko
Thanks for the information.
I am still docked so will upgrade.
Peter

kevinsue 11-26-16 07:44 PM

I'll try a "hovercraft" test with my install as is, then try again without any additional mods. I'll post the results as soon as I have them. :up: