SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Emil 05-14-14 09:19 AM

Very good mod, SH5 finaly playable for me, thanks, keep up good work!

Phrozin 05-14-14 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2206994)
I'm curious are you guys experiencing plotting tool misalignment with this version also?

Edit 2* Nope, map tools are working perfect for me. :yeah: can't test everything out right now, but I will tonight when I get back home.

Downloading now. I'll let you know soon as I boot it up :up:

I just copied the MODS folder from my other 1_0_164_0 patcher and everything worked as far as I could tell.
Just to double check everything I can, these are the hashes generated from the rar file I downloaded. let me know if it got corrupted in stream.
Quote:

Originally Posted by file alyzer
CRC-32: 21A55EA5
MD5: 5687412A5731E89114E2052AA681155B
SHA1: 0A90443B6F2D2425543DB05488058B9F951FA28B

thanks for all the hard work! :rock:

Kanga 05-14-14 10:34 PM

Great Mate

Hi, you did a great job putting this mod together, well done. :Kaleun_Cheers:

Red1963 05-15-14 01:36 PM

Thank You Very Much

:up::up::up:

Thank You so much for your hard work. After 4 years I am able to play SH5 again. Awesome.:up::up::up:

Best Regards Red

THE_MASK 05-15-14 02:49 PM

Its about time this thread was stickied don't you think :yep:
Some already stickied threads could be combined .

Jimbuna 05-15-14 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red1963 (Post 2207425)
:up::up::up:

Thank You so much for your hard work. After 4 years I am able to play SH5 again. Awesome.:up::up::up:

Best Regards Red

Welcome :sunny:

Jimbuna 05-15-14 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sober (Post 2207446)
Its about time this thread was stickied don't you think :yep:
Some already stickied threads could be combined .

PM me your suggestions.

simsfrasse 05-16-14 10:43 AM

No ship identification icon

Hello, big sh5 noob here having a problem getting this mod running with the ship identification icon.

Running the game via uplay, dunno if it affect anything

Installed everything in order but at step 4 I extracted JSGME in the sh5 folder, then enabled the mods in order (got warnings when I enabled rean navigate and hydrophone)

Then I moved genericpatcher files out into sh5 main folder aswell (couldn't get it to run otherwise. Replaced TDWFileUtils.dll & TDWUtils.dll ) patch all files and then restore snapshot.

After that I followed your other steps correctly.

So I get the mod running with this but I can't get the ship identification button to show up. Tried reinstalling aswell.

vdr1981 05-16-14 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simsfrasse (Post 2207708)
Hello, big sh5 noob here having a problem getting this mod running with the ship identification icon.

Running the game via uplay, dunno if it affect anything

Installed everything in order but at step 4 I extracted JSGME in the sh5 folder, then enabled the mods in order (got warnings when I enabled rean navigate and hydrophone)

Then I moved genericpatcher files out into sh5 main folder aswell (couldn't get it to run otherwise. Replaced TDWFileUtils.dll & TDWUtils.dll ) patch all files and then restore snapshot.

After that I followed your other steps correctly.

So I get the mod running with this but I can't get the ship identification button to show up. Tried reinstalling aswell.

That's exactly as it should be...Check out Disabled Unrealistic Commands_(ini files)_readme located in the main game folder...

Jimbuna 05-16-14 11:10 AM

Welcome Aboard simsfrasse :sunny:

simsfrasse 05-16-14 11:16 AM

vdr1981 Was worried I messed up the install at first. Well I'll be doing that then, thought everyone used it as I've seen it on videos.

Jimbuna Thank you :)

wombat778 05-16-14 11:47 AM

I am a relative SH5 newcomer and so far I am having trouble getting 1.02 up and running properly (I had 1.01 working fine before).

Did a brand new fresh SH5 installation, then went through the install process step-by-step. The only hiccup was that the generic patcher wouldn't run because it was missing the mods folder. I copied in the mods folder from a downloaded version of generic patcher 1_0_164_0, and it seemed to apply fine and I restored the snapshot.

In game, however, I seemed to have no ability to use my TAI map. When I activate it, I get an invisible window with just the resize corners visible but no actual "map". No amount of fiddling with options seemed to be able to make the map appear.

Ultimately I uninstalled and am going to try again with a completely fresh install tonight. Will report back what happens.

One question for vdr1981. If I wanted to get back the auto-ident button, would I just install your "Disabled Sonar Ping-TDW NewUIs 7_5_0_compatible" mod like in version 1.0? Or have there been changes that mean that no longer works?

Thanks for your help and for the wonderful Wolves of Steel mod!

vdr1981 05-16-14 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wombat778 (Post 2207751)
Did a brand new fresh SH5 installation, then went through the install process step-by-step. The only hiccup was that the generic patcher wouldn't run because it was missing the mods folder. I copied in the mods folder from a downloaded version of generic patcher 1_0_164_0, and it seemed to apply fine and I restored the snapshot.

Hm, you're right about this...:hmmm: Apparently, TDW generic patcher wont start until folder called "mods" isn't present in the patcher's folder. Your solution is good. You could also manually create folder called "mods" in "TDW_GenericPatcher_v_1_0_164_0" folder.
I'll upload a small patch to correct this...

Quote:

In game, however, I seemed to have no ability to use my TAI map. When I activate it, I get an invisible window with just the resize corners visible but no actual "map". No amount of fiddling with options seemed to be able to make the map appear.

TAi map is disabled by default. You can enable it again via TDW options file editor viewer. Check step 6 again...

Quote:

One question for vdr1981. If I wanted to get back the auto-ident button, would I just install your "Disabled Sonar Ping-TDW NewUIs 7_5_0_compatible" mod like in version 1.0? Or have there been changes that mean that no longer works?

For now you should use recognition manual. Dont use "Disabled Sonar Ping-TDW NewUIs 7_5_0_compatible" because it is not compatibile with test version 17...

wombat778 05-16-14 12:51 PM

Thanks vdr1981! Will give it a go tonight.

simsfrasse 05-16-14 04:09 PM

Activate ship identification icon

vdr1981 I checked the readme but It wasn't really clear as to how I should go about enabling it. Should I just remove "disable unrealistic command" folder? Or can I adjust it in OptionsFileEditorViewer?