SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

vdr1981 02-13-14 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 2174246)
This question has already been answered. See below please :03:

But because the megamod is now based on TDW New UI's 7.4.2. you should use this...http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=4250

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikemike47 (Post 2174142)

:up:

gap 02-13-14 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2174314)
But because the megamod is now based on TDW New UI's 7.4.2. you should use this...http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=4250

ops... :88)

vdr1981 02-13-14 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 2174316)

Hehe... No problemo gap !:)

Gammelpreusse 02-13-14 02:04 PM

Kay, first post for ages. I have given up on this game a long time ago, despite countless attempts to make it work with mods.

And even though I get the regular CTD even with your mod here, It runs much, much better then anything I had before.

For that, a big big thank you vdr. You brought this thing back to life for me. Finally I have a U-Boat game up and running again :salute:

vdr1981 02-13-14 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gammelpreusse (Post 2174354)
Kay, first post for ages. I have given up on this game a long time ago, despite countless attempts to make it work with mods.

And even though I get the regular CTD even with your mod here, It runs much, much better then anything I had before.

For that, a big big thank you vdr. You brought this thing back to life for me. Finally I have a U-Boat game up and running again :salute:

My pleasure! :up:

Waith, you said you have regular CTD's even with this
megamod?:hmmm: Can you be more precise please?

Sjizzle 02-13-14 02:36 PM

this mod run very well for me no CDT's at all and TBH i don't know why ppl have CTD's

very nice job vdr1981

PS. a mega mod with Magui Interface would be also great :D

vdr1981 02-13-14 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sjizzle (Post 2174374)
this mod run very well for me no CDT's at all and TBH i don't know why ppl have CTD's

very nice job vdr1981

PS. a mega mod with Magui Interface would be also great :D

Good to hear that, it gives me a hope! :up:

Regarding Magui Interface, I never used it because it doesn't support TDW real navigation which is big drawback for me. But again, why not...We could knock together something like that in the future...

vdr1981 02-13-14 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 2174316)

gap, are you interested in making few touch ups to my qiuckly made creapy looking promotional poster from the first page? :D

flag4 02-13-14 05:01 PM

WOW!! Silent Hunter 5 comes of age!!

congratulations and many thanks of appreciation to the modding community for this...:salute:

gap 02-13-14 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2174379)
gap, are you interested in making few touch ups to my qiuckly made creapy looking promotional poster from the first page? :D

Sure :up:

Honestly I don't dislike your poster at all, and I like very mutch the film frames below it. Just tell me what do you have in mind, and I will see what I can do for further improving them :salute:

J0313 02-13-14 08:16 PM

Weird.

My watch crew isn't taking their stations on the conning tower like their suppose to after surfacing.

devilmaycry2k 02-14-14 07:41 AM

Hi vdr,thank you for your wonderful Megamod.:up:
I have a small problem. My old PC is not very powerful,it can only run the original SH5 with the lowest setting and the fps are just acceptable. After installing your Megamod,I recognize a small drop in FPS,especially when my steel wolf is near ports (may be due to some graphic mods?). Can you help me fix it when you have some free time?:salute:

Sjizzle 02-14-14 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devilmaycry2k (Post 2174578)
I have a small problem. My old PC is not very powerful,it can only run the original SH5 with the lowest setting and the fps are just acceptable. After installing your Megamod,I recognize a small drop in FPS,especially when my steel wolf is near ports (may be due to some graphic mods?). Can you help me fix it when you have some free time?:salute:

]

i think the best for u it's using OH II light version not the full version of OH II wich is includet in this mega mod ....

vdr1981 02-14-14 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 2174449)
Sure :up:

Honestly I don't dislike your poster at all, and I like very mutch the film frames below it. Just tell me what do you have in mind, and I will see what I can do for further improving them :salute:

Nothing special, basically the same with some more appropriate fonts, and better resolution. I could give you a picture and moder's names in txt file so you can add more people that I skipped.

Quote:

Originally Posted by J0313 (Post 2174478)
My watch crew isn't taking their stations on the conning tower like their suppose to after surfacing.

Nothing unusual, most of the time simple save-reload of the game solve this issue. Also, try not to use high TC when you submerging or surfacing...
Quote:

Originally Posted by devilmaycry2k (Post 2174578)

Again nothing unusual here, I also have very outdated PC and average FPS in ports for me is 15-20 frames, with 16x TC even less...You should know that Kiel is the "hardest" port for FPS, others are much better...
My configuration is AMD Athlon X2 5000+ @ 3,1 GHz Nvidia8800GT and 4 GB DDR2 RAM.

gap 02-14-14 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2174718)
Nothing special, basically the same with some more appropriate fonts, and better resolution. I could give you a picture and moder's names in txt file so you can add more people that I skipped.

Sure, send them :up: