SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Lumpe96 05-14-15 09:41 AM

Hello everybody!

Im new here, and i would really appreciate if u guys could help me.
Something's not working properly when im trying to patch. I get this message for example: "C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\CameraManager.act is different version than expected!"

I am getting to the menu succesfully, but when i am trying to launch a new campain i manage to get to the loading screen, and after a while the game crashes.

I am playing the game through Uplay, and i am not sure if i've got the game patched to v1.2.0. Is there any way for me to find out what version of the game i have?

//Lumpe

Aktungbby 05-14-15 10:21 AM

welcome aboard!

Lumpe96!:Kaleun_Salute:hang tough! help will arrive shortly!

adrians69 05-14-15 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumpe96 (Post 2313855)
Hello everybody!

Im new here, and i would really appreciate if u guys could help me.
Something's not working properly when im trying to patch. I get this message for example: "C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\CameraManager.act is different version than expected!"

I am getting to the menu succesfully, but when i am trying to launch a new campain i manage to get to the loading screen, and after a while the game crashes.

I am playing the game through Uplay, and i am not sure if i've got the game patched to v1.2.0. Is there any way for me to find out what version of the game i have?

//Lumpe

Welcome aboard!! When you load into the main menu, the version you have is located there. If the autopatcher has not updated your game to 1.2, go into your SH5 install folder and locate the gu.exe file in Ubisoft/Silent Hunter 5/Support, run that and the game should update. That is more than likely what is causing your problem.

adrian

THEBERBSTER 05-14-15 02:50 PM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > Lumpe96 :subsim:
You Will Always Find Someone Here To Help You :sunny:
New To Silent Hunter <> Need Help <> Click On My Thread Link. :salute:
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community :yeah:
Tonnage Bar Fix Here > Tutorial Post #188 Not Needed If Using TWOS & sobers Latest Mods List :/\\!!
Post #24 Shaefer’s Season 2 Let's Play Silent Hunter 5 YouTube Videos :up:

Just hover the mouse over the SH5.exe icon and you will see the file version currently installed.

Jimbuna 05-15-15 05:52 AM

Welcome to SubSim Lumpe96 :sunny:

Shaefer 05-15-15 08:19 AM

Did anyone experience a huge performance drop after applying patch 5 + the hotfix?
I am down 20 fps since updating...:o
It might have to do with being in a high traffic area, but I never had this low fps before. Not even with Sober`s megapack, which use more high detail textures and stuff...

alien41 05-15-15 05:15 PM

hello guys, another stupid question ...

I am in mission in british coast ( 1939) , I saw a vessel of Belgium . Looking at sharts / flags , I see that it is Allied ( AL ) . But has a date 10.05.40 - 14.08.45 . If I sink it now, I lose points ?

Husksubsky 05-15-15 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2312640)
Question...
How many of you guys can confirm CTD as soon as you start patrol from Kiel harborafter the Danzing mission? That would be your 2nd patrol...

I had it.. north of Netherlands I think. Thought that might be the radiothing. Cant remember date

THE_MASK 05-15-15 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaefer (Post 2314015)
Did anyone experience a huge performance drop after applying patch 5 + the hotfix?
It might have to do with being in a high traffic area, but I never had this low fps before. Not even with Sober`s megapack, which use more high detail textures and stuff...

My mega mod pack is a lot better now . Sorry I just had to get that in :03:

kevinsue 05-16-15 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaefer (Post 2314015)

Not sure what frame rate your getting but I just checked mine out.

Conditions: Medium seas, overcast, foggy with heavy rain, no AI units....external view with camera moving around the boat was about 80 fps minimum. Inside was 120+ so I would have to say about at least 100+ fps average.

Not sure what will happen with a lot of AI units close by.

Lexstock 05-16-15 04:06 AM

Hey, quick question.

This mod pack works great for me, most stable gameplay in years. So lots of love <3

But I'd prefer to have the more see-through underwater effect (I like to look at my sub with ext camera, I know it's not realistic, but it's a game). Is there a way I can change this?
For example, just active the option in JGSME after the WoS mod (basically overwritting what WoS changed). Or will this **** up my game?

Thanks!

THEBERBSTER 05-16-15 05:45 AM

Hi Kevin

What gpu are you using?

Peter

THE_MASK 05-16-15 06:00 AM

Any huge FPS drop would be from around heavy traffic ports and an increase in the render distance using the patcher .

kevinsue 05-16-15 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2312835)
Anyone wanna try my new, more deck gun friendly, waves settings inspired by Shaefer's adventures?:) (significantly less "jumpy" sub at lower wind speeds)

I just love these new deck gun friendly waves!:yep::haha:

http://i61.tinypic.com/2econwp.jpg

kevinsue 05-16-15 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2314183)
Hi Kevin

What gpu are you using?

Peter

She's an oldie but still gets by.....GeForce GTX 580 :yep: