SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter III (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   Tell us what you are upto in your current campaign (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=151090)

KL-alfman 03-20-10 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leandros (Post 1324962)
Lieber Fräulein, Ich habe viele Gaste an bord....warum fragen sie, bitte....?.....:hmmm:

Frau Kaleun refers to the "Kriegsberichterstatter" aka Herbert Grönemeyer in "Das Boot".
(hopefully I haven't misinterpreted ......)

frau kaleun 03-20-10 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leandros (Post 1324962)
Lieber Fräulein, Ich habe viele Gaste an bord....warum fragen sie, bitte....?.....:hmmm:

KL-alfman is correct, and oops, sorry, I meant that question for Grim Nigel. :oops:

Grim Nigel 03-20-10 11:58 AM

B&W photos capture so much more atmosphere than colour photo's :D I have always loved B&W pictures. We have also been "asked" to take various photo's of successes and high points of patrols for propaganda purposes :03:

frau kaleun 03-20-10 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grim Nigel (Post 1325441)
B&W photos capture so much more atmosphere than colour photo's :D I have always loved B&W pictures. We have also been "asked" to take various photo's of successes and high points of patrols for propaganda purposes :03:

I like them, I think maybe I will try to "snap some pics" on a future patrol. :DL

Leandros 03-20-10 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frau kaleun (Post 1325313)
KL-alfman is correct, and oops, sorry, I meant that question for Grim Nigel. :oops:

Verstehe Ich.......:03:....

Grim Nigel 03-20-10 01:57 PM

Heres one I took from the about same position (If I remember rightly) the chap in Das Boot took one of his first few photo's from, right before he was told to wait till they were on the return journey, they would have grown beards.

frau kaleun 03-20-10 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grim Nigel (Post 1325627)
Heres one I took from the about same position (If I remember rightly) the chap in Das Boot took one of his first few photo's from, right before he was told to wait till they were on the return journey, they would have grown beards.

:yeah:

frau kaleun 03-20-10 02:21 PM

RIP, U-35

I knew I didn't want to patrol AN16.

Made visual contact with a RN task force, three Tribal class and one V&W. Went immediately to periscope depth but their quick-on-the-draw course change told me I'd been spotted as well. Dropped as deep as I could go and went to silent running, but only had about 70m of water to creep away in and couldn't get deep enough fast enough to lose the stinky pickles hot on my trail. Hello depth charges, goodbye career.

:wah:

Oh well, now I can play with some new mods.

martin1004 03-20-10 02:41 PM

Just experienced the first major drawback in my carreer. Nineteen of my crew KIA in AN81 shallow-water (just 23 meters) depth charging. After taking a heavy beating the situation looked hopeless for me. But then the destroyer just left...weird but lucky for me, maybe it ran out of fireworks.
My boat was shattered. From the outside it looked like it came straight out from a toaster - burning marks all over it. But I managed to limp back to St. Nazaire ( Had no option but to go across the channel as close to the coast as possible.). Think that was the closest near death moment in SH3 for me.
HI 18% and a huge disaster for my crew as 19 of them died. No ships sunk to make matters worse.

Snestorm 03-20-10 02:45 PM

U37 IX(A). 2. Flotilla. Patrol 9.

Left Lorient on 26.mar.41 bound for DH28.
Returned on 26.apr.41.

O ships sunk for 0 GRT.

Crashed dived for aircraft 4 times.
No ships seen or heard.

U37's history:
9 patrols.
29 ships sunk for 166.147 GRT.

Snestorm 03-20-10 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frau kaleun (Post 1325668)

Made visual contact with a RN task force, three Tribal class and one V&W. Went immediately to periscope depth but their quick-on-the-draw course change told me I'd been spotted as well. Dropped as deep as I could go and went to silent running, but only had about 70m of water to creep away in and couldn't get deep enough fast enough to lose the stinky pickles hot on my trail. Hello depth charges, goodbye career.

:wah:

Oh well, now I can play with some new mods.

Sorry you lost your boat.
How did you manage to ID all those ships, in so short a time?
Just the word Destroyer is usualy good enough for me.
(I hide.)

frau kaleun 03-20-10 03:14 PM

By doing a periscope sweep to see all four. Which is probably what got me spotted, if they hadn't spotted me before I submerged. :doh:

Grim Nigel 03-20-10 03:20 PM

Quote:

Dropped as deep as I could go and went to silent running, but only had about 70m of water to creep away in and couldn't get deep enough fast enough to lose the stinky pickles hot on my trail. Hello depth charges, goodbye career.

Ouch, R.I.P. your Boat & crew.

Paul Riley 03-20-10 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snestorm (Post 1325700)
Left Lorient on 26.mar.41 bound for DH28.
Returned on 26.apr.41.

O ships sunk for 0 GRT.

Crashed dived for aircraft 4 times.
No ships seen or heard.

U37's history:
9 patrols.
29 ships sunk for 166.147 GRT.

Odd,that you had no contacts at all :shifty:

Paul Riley 03-20-10 03:42 PM

Quote:

Hello depth charges, goodbye career.

oops ;)

Paul Riley 03-20-10 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grim Nigel (Post 1325627)

When taking screenshots which button hides the interface bar at the bottom of the screen?

Sailor Steve 03-20-10 03:48 PM

NumPad Del. The NumLock has to be on for it to work.

I'm actually using a mod that hides it permanently.:D

frau kaleun 03-20-10 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grim Nigel (Post 1325749)
Ouch, R.I.P. your Boat & crew.

Well, I've got about a dozen mods that I d/led and have been itching to try out and maybe subconsciously I really wanted that patrol to be over a little too quickly. :O:

Should've quietly done my patrol as ordered and avoided the hell out of anything other than lone ships, then made for deeper water where I could hunt at will with a better chance of surviving the wrath of any warship I couldn't take out with one well-placed salvo.

Instead I tried to set up an attack run on four destroyers coming out of Scapa with barely 70m of ocean beneath my keel.

http://usera.imagecave.com/chasbo00/DoubleFacePalm.jpg

Paul Riley 03-20-10 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frau kaleun (Post 1325828)
Well, I've got about a dozen mods that I d/led and have been itching to try out and maybe subconsciously I really wanted that patrol to be over a little too quickly. :O:

Should've quietly done my patrol as ordered and avoided the hell out of anything other than lone ships, then made for deeper water where I could hunt at will with a better chance of surviving the wrath of any warship I couldn't take out with one well-placed salvo.

Instead I tried to set up an attack run on four destroyers coming out of Scapa with barely 70m of ocean beneath my keel.

http://usera.imagecave.com/chasbo00/DoubleFacePalm.jpg

:rotfl2:
Quite an appropriate image

Paul Riley 03-20-10 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sailor Steve (Post 1325781)
NumPad Del. The NumLock has to be on for it to work.

I'm actually using a mod that hides it permanently.:D

Thanks for that Steve :up: