SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

palmic 04-16-17 03:30 AM

Yes you have to.
If you dock, your task will be gone.
Get out to Norway now! :salute:

Brett Sinclair 04-16-17 07:29 AM

Thank you for your reply.
I practised realistic navigation and targeting now, and I managed to score a few hits.
But there is no way to turn the realistic option off at all (even with unrealistic settings in-game and realistic navigation disabled in mod manager I have to calculate more things manually)? It may be a heretical question to you, but I'd prefer it this way to start my career.

Best,
Brett

Examiner2 04-16-17 09:10 AM

I can't download the 2.0 version from mediafire, is anyone hosting a torrent of it, or are there any alternative mirrors?

palmic 04-16-17 10:32 AM

Hi Brett, if you managed few hits you are about to be very good Kaleun, in reality, most captains had very bad efficiency of few percents of hits..

Unfortunately i dont know what you should do to bring back old waypoints to the game.
It should be somewhere here

Brett Sinclair 04-16-17 12:44 PM

Thanks, I'll try.
Just reinstalled the vanilla game, trying to get rid of the circling torpedoes.

Best,
Brett

THEBERBSTER 04-16-17 01:59 PM

Hi BS
Waypoints will only be seen when real navigation is disabled.
Nav and TAI header tabs in TDW's Options File Editor Viewer (OFEV) if installed, have waypoint settings that can be set permanently either enabled or disabled.
On your boat you have Nav and TAI Map buttons which you can use to override the permanent settings in the OFEV just for the gaming period you are in.
The OFEV settings are mirrored in both the Nav and TAI map buttons on your boat so is easy to see how the OFEV is set up.

Post #31 Stop Those Circling Torpedoes
Peter

fitzcarraldo 04-16-17 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Examiner2 (Post 2479100)
I can't download the 2.0 version from mediafire, is anyone hosting a torrent of it, or are there any alternative mirrors?

Patience.....MF works. Try and try....

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

Brett Sinclair 04-16-17 06:30 PM

Thanks, I'll into those.
Circling torpedos are fine in the vanilla game now; I sunk the Warspite this evening :D I suppose they may return with mods, so thank you very much for the fix.

Best,
Brett

redline202 04-17-17 07:15 AM

Just an idea...
There is a great mod for SH3 that doesn't allow player to go on flank speed for a very long time otherwise it can damage diesel engine. I think it's highly unrealistic that you can go on flank speed for 24h. It would be great if something like that can be implemented in TWOS.

palmic 04-17-17 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redline202 (Post 2479223)
Just an idea...
There is a great mod for SH3 that doesn't allow player to go on flank speed for a very long time otherwise it can damage diesel engine. I think it's highly unrealistic that you can go on flank speed for 24h. It would be great if something like that can be implemented in TWOS.

Agree, this would be another piece of awesomeness here.
I never use flank speed until i am in real danger :salute:

Tonci87 04-17-17 09:04 AM

And then maybe make it possible that the safe flank speed operating time is extended by your officers skill level :)

redline202 04-17-17 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonci87 (Post 2479252)
And then maybe make it possible that the safe flank speed operating time is extended by your officers skill level :)

Good idea :salute:

finchOU 04-17-17 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2479062)
Yes you have to.
If you dock, your task will be gone.
Get out to Norway now! :salute:

:06: have to what? Select the mission ( which I can't do unless I dock)? Or just go there without selecting it? :06:

If I dock (end patrol) I probably won't be able to do the mission due to days in port.

Can I chose the mission if I just "refit"? Full disclosure.... I've never used the refit option. Always just ended the patrol.

The message specifically told me to rearm at the nearest port (Helgoland in my case) and proceed to Norway.

Saintaw 04-17-17 07:30 PM

Hello, back to SH5 after a few years, this is a great mod, thanks!

I have a quick question regarding the 'IO_StrategicMap_7_5_0_for_TDWv750 Grid Req Fix' mod implemented, the screenshot attached in the documentation shows a detailed grid system, and some options for said grid in the bottom right (see the actual screenshot here: http://imgur.com/80YkuLk

How do I get these to appear? I have been given coordinates AN5588, I figured it would be somewhere around the mid bottom tier of AN55, but it would be nice to have the detailed grid nonetheless, how do I get this to appear? Thanks.

hauangua 04-18-17 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saintaw (Post 2479347)
Hello, back to SH5 after a few years, this is a great mod, thanks!

I have a quick question regarding the 'IO_StrategicMap_7_5_0_for_TDWv750 Grid Req Fix' mod implemented, the screenshot attached in the documentation shows a detailed grid system, and some options for said grid in the bottom right (see the actual screenshot here: http://imgur.com/80YkuLk

How do I get these to appear? I have been given coordinates AN5588, I figured it would be somewhere around the mid bottom tier of AN55, but it would be nice to have the detailed grid nonetheless, how do I get this to appear? Thanks.

Hi saintaw
press "e" key but better you read here :

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...&postcount=169

Saintaw 04-18-17 02:04 AM

Perfect, thank you!

THEBERBSTER 04-18-17 04:22 AM

A Warm Welcome Back To The Subsim Community > Saintaw
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community:salute:
Please don't discuss in this thread any potential issues caused by your own custom modlists and unsupported mods.
Also, make sure to pay special attention to FAQ and Tips section and feel free to ask in this thread for any additional elucidation.

Shibby 04-18-17 06:05 AM

Installation

Hi All,

I followed the installation instructions and the mod seems to work albeit with some framerate drops but I had a couple of questions.

I had two SH5 folders. One in a Ubisoft folder and one in a Uplay folder, game launcher, SH5 etc etc. I originally installed the mod to the standalone ubisoft folder but that did nothing.

So I deleted the standalone ubisoft folder and installed the mod to the Uplay directory. It works fine now however the manual patcher installation did nothing at all. I followed the notepad instructions, copied and pasted the directory and then ran the patcher and pressed enter about 20 times but there were no files which came up for me to back up and restore. What does this mean? Was that supposed to happen?

As I say the mod seems to be working. If I wanted to uninstall everything and start from scratch, how could I make sure all downloaded and modified files were completely gone?

Thanks

vdr1981 04-18-17 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shibby (Post 2479391)
I had two SH5 folders. One in a Ubisoft folder and one in a Uplay folder, game launcher, SH5 etc etc. I originally installed the mod to the standalone ubisoft folder but that did nothing.

So I deleted the standalone ubisoft folder and installed the mod to the Uplay directory.

For a successful mod installation you should at least know where is your game installed...:yep: Do you know what is your main game installation folder path? Check Generic Patcher's install instructions once again http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...postcount=1649

Saintaw 04-18-17 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2479376)
A Warm Welcome Back To The Subsim Community > Saintaw

Thanks a lot, appreciated!
I have been here for awhile now (on & off depending on RL) I've had the game since release, but I don't think I ever went further than Jan 40, I tend to start a new campaign whenever I reinstall the game or a mod :)

I intend to try this time, I might need a few tweaks (tinkered in the generic patcher and haven't broken a thing yet).

I seem to be missing the chart mentioned above with the stock mod, I will have a look in the compatible mods.

One thing I would like to tweak is the map: I have a poor eyesight, am partly colourblind...so all the gray-lines-only is a bit of a mess for me. If only I could remove the dirt on the map itself, that would be great too.

Anyhow...like I said, I am otherwise very much enjoying this!

Edit, looks like I found a path: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...1&postcount=41