SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 5 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=244)
-   -   Harbor Pilot (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=254899)

Sandman_28054 03-06-23 06:59 PM

Harbor Pilot

No matter whether I start from base or load a saved game, La Pallice Harbor Pilot is "On". I always disable after leaving port. How do I fix this?

Thanks

Sandman_28054 03-26-23 12:03 PM

No help?

KaleunMarco 03-26-23 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandman_28054 (Post 2859968)
No help?

apparently, your question is either too difficult to answer, a newbie question, or a question that cannot be answered.

i have a license to SH5 but do not like it.
in an effort to answer your question, i fired it up and did what i would do if i was playing SH4, however there is no in-port screen before launching a career in SH5 as there is in SH4, so i do not know where the setting to begin your actual mission lies.
in SH4, a player is presented with the option to begin either next to the tender/dock or a ways out to sea. i could not find that screen in SH5, so, my apologies, i cannot help you with this one.
good luck, though, as i never start at the tender/dock in SH4, so i understand your goal.
:Kaleun_Salute:

Sandman_28054 03-27-23 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaleunMarco (Post 2859982)
apparently, your question is either too difficult to answer, a newbie question, or a question that cannot be answered.

i have a license to SH5 but do not like it.
in an effort to answer your question, i fired it up and did what i would do if i was playing SH4, however there is no in-port screen before launching a career in SH5 as there is in SH4, so i do not know where the setting to begin your actual mission lies.
in SH4, a player is presented with the option to begin either next to the tender/dock or a ways out to sea. i could not find that screen in SH5, so, my apologies, i cannot help you with this one.
good luck, though, as i never start at the tender/dock in SH4, so i understand your goal.

Thanks for trying though.

Like I said, if I start a "saved game" (i.e. somewhere in the Atlantic) when the save is finished loading, the harbor pilot is on and set to La Pallice.

July 1944, just started from Willhamshaven. Harbor pilot is on "La Palice". Gotta be very quick to turn it off and set the correct base.

Again, thanks for trying.

Rwearjr 03-28-23 04:32 AM

I do not have an answer either sir, but believe I would direct your question towards Vecko, "VDR 1981" The most knowledgable member of the community on TWoS related questions to my knowledge. Best wishes in finding an answer.

GrenSo 03-28-23 04:46 AM

What mods and in what order do you have active next TWoS?
Do you have done changes in files from the folders "data\Automation" or "data\Navigation"?