SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 ATO Mods (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=234)
-   -   Visual damage (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=170225)

McHibbins 05-27-10 04:07 AM

Visual damage

Is it possible somehow to add visual damage to Iambecomelifes ships coming with OMEGU ?
Which files are responsible for that ?:hmmm:

lurker_hlb3 05-27-10 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McHibbins (Post 1404421)
Is it possible somehow to add visual damage to Iambecomelifes ships coming with OMEGU ?
Which files are responsible for that ?:hmmm:

It is not possible

McHibbins 05-27-10 09:58 AM

Hm......

ivank 05-27-10 01:13 PM

why..

iambecomelife 06-03-10 06:28 PM

They are SH3 conversions that do not have the "damaged ship" interior textures that were first introduced in SH4.

Technically it is possible, but I honestly could never do conversions for all 45-50 of my current models in a reasonable timeframe.

Madox58 06-03-10 06:51 PM

One of the Tools I'm working on will allow you to select a damage model
from a generic list and place it in a converted dat.

So say you build an internal damage model for one ship.
Several ships could use this model right?
(they don't need to fit perfectly)
On conversion, you select the Damage model you want and it's planted
automagically.

iambecomelife 06-03-10 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by privateer (Post 1410894)
One of the Tools I'm working on will allow you to select a damage model
from a generic list and place it in a converted dat.

So say you build an internal damage model for one ship.
Several ships could use this model right?
(they don't need to fit perfectly)
On conversion, you select the Damage model you want and it's planted
automagically.

Very interesting - let me know when it's done!

G7eT2 06-27-10 10:57 PM

Hello

First a MASSIVE thank you to all the modders who make these games so addictive. :salute:

If implementing SH4 style internal damage visuals is too big a job would it be possible to use something like the 'Torpedo damage final version 2.0' mod for SH3 by Ocean Blue ?
Would it be possible to make the mod apply to the new ships and ignore the stock ships ?

It would not be as pretty as full 3D style damage but better than nothing. It is good to be able to see where your torpedoes have hit.

McHibbins 06-28-10 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G7eT2 (Post 1429649)
Hello

First a MASSIVE thank you to all the modders who make these games so addictive. :salute:

If implementing SH4 style internal damage visuals is too big a job would it be possible to use something like the 'Torpedo damage final version 2.0' mod for SH3 by Ocean Blue ?
Would it be possible to make the mod apply to the new ships and ignore the stock ships ?

It would not be as pretty as full 3D style damage but better than nothing. It is good to be able to see where your torpedoes have hit.

Good idea but tons of work. Privateer is on it I think

onelifecrisis 06-28-10 05:20 AM

I have questions!

I gather OMEGU adds new ships without visual damage modeling...

Does OM (without OMEGU) add new ships?

If so, do they have correct damage modeling?

Also, privateer, don't take this wrong mate but are you being helpful or taunting an old rival? I'm unfamiliar with the history of SH4 modder wars, sorry, but is there any chance you might share this tool of yours with lurker? Assuming he's interested...

sergei 06-28-10 05:58 AM

OM adds loads of new ships, most of them conversions of IABL's Merchant Fleet Mod. They look real pretty. :)

They have correct damage modeling, in that they take damage and sink correctly (using OM's slower sinking model).
But visually no. Hit it with a torpedo and you won't see a hole in it. The damage is there, but you won't see any visual confirmation of it.

onelifecrisis 06-28-10 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sergei (Post 1429799)
OM adds loads of new ships, most of them conversions of IABL's Merchant Fleet Mod. They look real pretty. :)

They have correct damage modeling, in that they take damage and sink correctly (using OM's slower sinking model).
But visually no. Hit it with a torpedo and you won't see a hole in it. The damage is there, but you won't see any visual confirmation of it.

Thanks sergei. WRT the visuals...
Aside from the hole (which I likely wouldn't see anyway, as I don't use external camera) does everything else still work (explosions, ships breaking apart, debris)?

McHibbins 06-28-10 06:28 AM

It does, mostly perfect:up:

Madox58 06-28-10 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onelifecrisis (Post 1429774)
I have questions!

Also, privateer, don't take this wrong mate but are you being helpful or taunting an old rival? I'm unfamiliar with the history of SH4 modder wars, sorry, but is there any chance you might share this tool of yours with lurker? Assuming he's interested...

Not taunting mate.
As soon as the tool is completed it will be available for everyone.
It will only plant the 3D damage models in the dats.
All the uv mapping and such will still need to be done as normal.

onelifecrisis 06-28-10 06:51 AM

Great stuff! :rock: