SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   [REL] S3D - Silent 3ditor (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=119571)

peabody 06-12-09 02:42 PM

Skwasjer,
Thank you for all you have done, and good luck !!! I hope this is only a temporary setback and things work out. Best wishes!!!

Peabody

Mush Martin 06-26-09 05:42 PM

I am a bit late.

:salute:

Wow what a grievous loss to the community.

The Best of Luck and the Best of Life.
M.:|\\

keltos01 06-30-09 12:04 PM

skwasjer...

I made a new Narwhal model, but when I try to import it in s3d it says :

http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/9104/46176610.jpg

do you know why ?

thanks

keltos

DarkFish 06-30-09 01:10 PM

not sure but it seems there's something wrong with the uv map.
It says there are too many texture coordinates, so I guess either the model has so many texture coordinates S3D can't handle it or there are more texture coordinates than there are vertices.
Try resaving the model, sometimes when I import a model S3D gives an error until I resave the model.

keltos01 06-30-09 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkFish (Post 1126485)
not sure but it seems there's something wrong with the uv map.
It says there are too many texture coordinates, so I guess either the model has so many texture coordinates S3D can't handle it or there are more texture coordinates than there are vertices.
Try resaving the model, sometimes when I import a model S3D gives an error until I resave the model.

tried... gave the same screen...

first time ever this happened to me !

keltos

ensign bob 07-02-09 08:34 PM

dict.tu-chemntiz.deDe <> EnDe >> EnEn >> DeEnglishDeutschProverbs (En)Sprueche (De)

Excellent work on the editor works great. thanks for your efforts

Silverwolf 07-02-09 08:54 PM

To keltos01, I ran into that same problem when importing another sub I've been working on. (Not the Blackwolf) I also ran into a too many triangle error. from what I can tell it's probably an importing cap so you don't import more than S3d can handle. There are two ways to solve the problem.

1. break the ship up into separate parts so the texture coords are less.
2. use the UV map for the texture and bake the AO map from it.

The texture coordinates I got my sub down to so I could finally import just the hull was 53,242.

Sledgehammer427 07-04-09 03:11 AM

great time to have a problem

I am doing some modification to a .dat file, and whenever I try to add a 3d model to a node as a child node it just drops it to the bottom where its useless, and I can't import it because it says it is not associated with a parent node. but i added that 3d model as a child node and when I collapse the node, you can still see the 3d model child node?

Help?

Edit: okay, it will let me copy/paste into another node, but sometimes it does this and sometimes it doesn't?

DarkFish 07-04-09 06:56 AM

you must link the parent node to the child 3d node instead of the other way around.
Select the parent node, in the right screen open the 'Linked 3d model' section. Now in the 'Model Id' box paste the ID of the 3d model. They should be connected now.

DarkFish 07-04-09 07:09 AM

I've got a problem myself too, when using (semi-)transparent textures. In S3D everything looks as it should, but in game the colors get all messed up:
http://i525.photobucket.com/albums/c...2/badcol-1.jpg
the texture used by this model is just a plain texture, RGB 167;167;255, alpha 128, but depending on the models orientation the color changes.
It should be possible to have semi-transparent textures, look at the flying dutchman for example, that one hasn't got any rainbow effect.

Anyone have any ideas how to get it working?

Silverwolf 07-04-09 09:31 AM

I have a suggestion, why don't you take the material from the Dutchman and export it as a raw chunk. Then import it with the mod you want and see if that works. I don't know what the folder for the Dutchman is called though but I'm sure tweaking the already made material could produce the effect you want.

(edit)
Found it, the folder is NFD.

DarkFish 07-04-09 10:20 AM

Yep I already tried that, using the exact same texture the FD uses. But instead of a ghostly green I get a colorful rainbow:damn:

Silverwolf 07-04-09 11:45 AM

Hmm, just messed around with the texture and I can't get anything better than you can. I too would like to know how to get this to work cause I have a sub that's gonna need clear pieces for two parts.

Nisgeis 07-04-09 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkFish (Post 1128681)
I've got a problem myself too, when using (semi-)transparent textures. In S3D everything looks as it should, but in game the colors get all messed up:
http://i525.photobucket.com/albums/c...2/badcol-1.jpg
the texture used by this model is just a plain texture, RGB 167;167;255, alpha 128, but depending on the models orientation the color changes.
It should be possible to have semi-transparent textures, look at the flying dutchman for example, that one hasn't got any rainbow effect.

Anyone have any ideas how to get it working?

It's yet another 'feature' of SH4. Depth charges have the same property. the first time you start a game, then depth charges have a rainbow effect on them when they are created for launch from Y throwers, very similar to the effect you posted. If you can, start the game, start a campaign / single mission, quit out of it and then restart the mission and you should see the colours properly. Why on Earth the game does this, I have no idea. Just another bug I guess.

EDIT: It should be noted that ships in game don't have this effect, but generated objects do (like depth charges) so there may be some controller affecting the behaviour. Either way, there's no excuse for things to behave differently after restarting a mission.

Madox58 07-04-09 04:12 PM

Take a look at how the Glass is handled in the Aircraft.
Perhaps that will help?