SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 5 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=244)
-   -   SH5 - The Wolves of Steel/Bugs? (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=246042)

rich9000 07-25-20 04:17 PM

SH5 - The Wolves of Steel/Bugs?

Hey all!

Just had a few quick questions regarding the amazing SH5 mod The Wolves of Steel.

#1 - After completing the first mission of sinking any Polish warships, aka the Polish flagged Wickes-class destroyer as well the minelayer ORP Gryf 1936 class I couldn't find the next mission marker after docking at Kiel and resupplying the boat.

#2 - At distances of ca 5km+ some ships look like they are all ready halfway under water for some odd reason.

This is the only real bug like problems that I have encountered. Would be great to hear what you experienced old sea dogs think about this! Thanks in advance. :salute:

Texas Red 07-25-20 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rich9000 (Post 2685228)
Hey all!

Just had a few quick questions regarding the amazing SH5 mod The Wolves of Steel.

#1 - After completing the first mission of sinking any Polish warships, aka the Polish flagged Wickes-class destroyer as well the minelayer ORP Gryf 1936 class I couldn't find the next mission marker after docking at Kiel and resupplying the boat.

#2 - At distances of ca 5km+ some ships look like they are all ready halfway under water for some odd reason.

This is the only real bug like problems that I have encountered. Would be great to hear what you experienced old sea dogs think about this! Thanks in advance. :salute:

For number one, you should sink the destroyers and recieve an order to head to Kiel for new orders. When you dock in Kiel, you shouldn't see any missions available on the Mission Selecting Map (depending on the date you dock at Kiel) and when you depart Kiel for your second patrol, you should see two missions available. Forgive me if I misunderstood your question, It didn't make much sense, I tried my best.

For number two, its not a bug. Its just how the boats appear on the horizon. The closer you get, the larger the boat appears.

rich9000 07-26-20 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the beast (Post 2685255)
For number one, you should sink the destroyers and recieve an order to head to Kiel for new orders. When you dock in Kiel, you shouldn't see any missions available on the Mission Selecting Map (depending on the date you dock at Kiel) and when you depart Kiel for your second patrol, you should see two missions available. Forgive me if I misunderstood your question, It didn't make much sense, I tried my best.

For number two, its not a bug. Its just how the boats appear on the horizon. The closer you get, the larger the boat appears.

Sorry If I was a bit unclear, but yes I did mean that after docking at Kiel on way back from my first patrol a new mission marker did not appear on the Mission Selecting Map. The date is Sep 2, 1939.

The first thought I had regarding my second question was in fact that it had to have been the effect of the horizon and earths curvature that made the ships look like that at distance. Just always assumed the distance had to be greater for it to show like that.

Thanks again Beast!

kapuhy 07-26-20 02:47 AM

Quote:

Like this?

https://i.redd.it/yenvb3gygpk41.jpg

I noticed the same bug outside of the game, so it's certainly not caused by TWoS.

rich9000 07-26-20 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kapuhy (Post 2685294)
Like this?

I noticed the same bug outside of the game, so it's certainly not caused by TWoS.

Haha. Exactly like that. Thanks for the pic, I must have thought the earth was flat or something! :O:

Texas Red 07-26-20 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rich9000 (Post 2685293)
Sorry If I was a bit unclear, but yes I did mean that after docking at Kiel on way back from my first patrol a new mission marker did not appear on the Mission Selecting Map. The date is Sep 2, 1939.

The first thought I had regarding my second question was in fact that it had to have been the effect of the horizon and earths curvature that made the ships look like that at distance. Just always assumed the distance had to be greater for it to show like that.

Thanks again Beast!

The new missions appear on Sep. 4, 1939, I believe. So make your way to the North Sea and the new missions should appear in two days.

And You're welcome! :salute:

Luciferret 11-29-20 02:43 AM

Im going tp revive this thread for the horizon thingy.

Hello all.

Im back for the second time for this series, now with SH5. Ive been training few weeks now by reading through web sites and looking youtube tutorials on every aspect of this game and finally its paying off. Far more than it was back in the days with SH3.

So, as im progressing the details of running my sub, smaller things start to catch my eyes. One of them is why ships seems to "sink" in the water BEFORE horizon. Shouldnt i be looking blue sky behind the three ships, not grey sea?

Heres a screenshot what i mean.

https://i.imgur.com/dTli9oT.jpg

Salvadoreno 11-30-20 04:02 PM

Everything works great for me. Only thing i notice is the planes do not drop their bombs. Could have sworn i read this somewhere before but not sure. I've been on and off SH series for so long.

Aktungbby 11-30-20 07:26 PM

Welcome back!

Luciferret!:Kaleun_Salute:

Kapitan 11-30-20 10:02 PM

I do have a issue with SH5 namely that sometimes when i load the game back up i switch speeds and the submarine goes to 0 and never moves again

i have had this happen several times i have tried surfacing and submerging same problem i can call down flank and nothing.

Sickents 12-01-20 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kapitan (Post 2710562)
I do have an issue with SH5 namely that sometimes when I load the game back up I switch speeds and the submarine goes to 0 and never moves again

I have had this happen several times I have tried surfacing and submerging the same problem I can call down flank and nothing.

I have the same issue at times, about 0 to 2 mins after loading a save game, I have an idea that it is caused by TC, still testing, but the fix is simple, exit to menu and reload the save.

I have never had it happen after 2 mins of loading into the game

Damnman 04-25-21 05:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luciferret (Post 2710096)
Hello all.

Im back for the second time for this series, now with SH5. Ive been training few weeks now by reading through web sites and looking youtube tutorials on every aspect of this game and finally its paying off. Far more than it was back in the days with SH3.

So, as im progressing the details of running my sub, smaller things start to catch my eyes. One of them is why ships seems to "sink" in the water BEFORE horizon. Shouldnt i be looking blue sky behind the three ships, not grey sea?

Heres a screenshot what i mean.

https://i.imgur.com/dTli9oT.jpg

Hello. Did you solve this problem with half-sinked ships on the horizon?

Aktungbby 04-25-21 02:55 PM

welcome aboard!

Damnman!:Kaleun_Salute:

U-190 07-24-22 12:57 PM

Quote:

Hey all!

Firstly, our planet has the shape of a ball, and secondly, take into account the height and movement of waves.

U-190 07-24-22 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kapuhy (Post 2685294)
Like this?

Good photo, kapuhy! :up: