SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Sjizzle 03-19-16 03:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oscar19681 (Post 2390653)
i did a clean install of sh-5 version with the correct patch , followed all the steps , watch the installation YouTube video to make sure but still no luck. I get errors when i backup my generic Patcher snapshot. I just dont understand whats causing it , even after correctly installing the mod itself.
check the screenshots yourself, i just cant figure it out.

do u have the steam version of the game ???? are u sure that the game is patched to 1.2 ????

PS. i can not see to much in your screenshot the pictures are small upload them to mediafire or imgur to see better the error

vdr1981 03-19-16 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frogazboll (Post 2390638)
nead help i cant find the second one :(
supose it gota be looking somthing like this in Generic Mod Enabler
1. The Wolves of Steel 1.05 2. The Wolves of Steel 1.05 - Update No. xx 3. The Wolves of Steel 1.05 - Real Navigation_by TheDarkWraith (optional, but highly recommended) 4. The Wolves of Steel 1.05 - *x* Resolution Patch (optional, stock settings are for 16:9 displays)
but i only got

1.The Wolves of Steel 1.05 3. The Wolves of Steel 1.05 - Real Navigation_by TheDarkWraith (optional, but highly recommended) 4. The Wolves of Steel 1.05 - *x* Resolution Patch (optional, stock settings are for 16:9 displays)
so how do i get the only missing? maybe download is corupt or somthing??? tryed sevral times and same thing evry time :hmmm:

Quote:

Step 4:
Download and extract content of The Wolves of Steel 1.05 - Subsim Community SH5 Megamod archive into your main Silent Hunter 5 folder. By default, path to your main SH5 folder should be "C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5".
Download the latest update and extract it to your "Silent Hunter 5/MODS" folder.
Is this more more understandable now?:hmm2:

vdr1981 03-19-16 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oscar19681 (Post 2390653)
i did a clean install of sh-5 version with the correct patch , followed all the steps , watch the installation YouTube video to make sure but still no luck. I get errors when i backup my generic Patcher snapshot. I just dont understand whats causing it , even after correctly installing the mod itself.
check the screenshots yourself, i just cant figure it out.

Cant read anything on those pictures but my first guess is that your game isn't updated to official v1.2.0...Upload higher resolution pics

THEBERBSTER 03-19-16 06:06 AM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > frogazboil
Find Help & Useful Information In My SHIV & SHV Signature Thread Links.
Treat Yourself To The Wolves Of Steel Mega Mod <> SH5 The Dawn Of A New Beginning
The Wolves Of Steel Frequently Asked Questions + Campaign Fix In > FAQ’s & Game Tips (Please Look Here First Before Posting A Question)

palmic 03-19-16 06:59 AM

Hello Peter, you should remove all colors from this your post but blue one.
Since in 90% of cases is most relevant information in your post it will be much more effective to lead people to solution.

In my opinion most people dont read it all and dont click the links..
This will solve it.

Kelsier 03-19-16 08:31 AM

Hello all,

I am pretty new to this forum and recently re-installed SH5. After trying a few mod combinations, I finally started with a clean installation and followed the installation orders for TWOS to the letter. I am now running TWOS 1.05 + Update 08.

While I am delighted with all the changes and increased realism due to the mods, I also noticed one very little, but also annoying bug when using the map: whenever I try to erase all the map markings by using ctrl + eraser (like the tooltip suggest), I end up closing the map and not erasing any markings. Which means I have to erase all markings by hand, one by one.

I did use the forum search to see if the is a solution already, but couldn't find anything. So I was wondering if this is just me or if someone knows how to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

oscar19681 03-19-16 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2390689)
Cant read anything on those pictures but my first guess is that your game isn't updated to official v1.2.0...Upload higher resolution pics

Ok! good news , i got it working. I had the wrong sh-5 version afterall.
but there is a new problem , i cannot maintain depth even at periscope depth. even when i use manual diveplanes the boats just slowly sinks and cannot maintain depth. And the AI just keeps moving the diveplanes up and down all the time. Whats causing this? I suspect the submarine and fluctuate more powerfull mod can be the cause. But this mod has been excluslivly made for wolves od steel

wingman3333 03-19-16 09:04 AM

Hi all,

maybe its a stupid question but i cant find a answer, or my english is not good enough .. :doh:

I got a problem with the campaign. I played "Western Aproches" three times but I cant unlock Operation Drumbeat. My results arn't bad either.
What do I wrong?
Do I miss a special goal?
Due to the long travel routes france/ south africa is not enough time to play all missions.

Please help me :salute:

palmic 03-19-16 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelsier (Post 2390721)
Hello all,

I am pretty new to this forum and recently re-installed SH5. After trying a few mod combinations, I finally started with a clean installation and followed the installation orders for TWOS to the letter. I am now running TWOS 1.05 + Update 08.

While I am delighted with all the changes and increased realism due to the mods, I also noticed one very little, but also annoying bug when using the map: whenever I try to erase all the map markings by using ctrl + eraser (like the tooltip suggest), I end up closing the map and not erasing any markings. Which means I have to erase all markings by hand, one by one.

I did use the forum search to see if the is a solution already, but couldn't find anything. So I was wondering if this is just me or if someone knows how to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

I can just confirm this "issue", but as you'll see in next few days, there is 1000+ issues like this, youll just need to workaround it.
For me this is maybe most ****ed up game ever i played (well i dont play modern games like fallout 4), but i am enjoying sh5 TWOS maybe most i've enjoyed any sim.

Do yourself a favor and read gameplay instructions on first page of this thread carefully. Some of them (mostly saving) could spare you a lot of hours lost by crash to desktop.
To be short in concretely this, you will need to play sort of "ironman" style by saving game only at surface without any contact around (including hydrophone) to have stable game.
(i learned to love this as i really need to escape before save or i lost everything since last save :) )
And welcome on board :salute:

vdr1981 03-19-16 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelsier (Post 2390721)

Thanks in advance!

This is really no big deal IMO...I've intentionally created this "bug" in order to disable stock "Ctrl+Lmouse click" command (center sub on map). This cheat command is inconsistent with real nav addon. IIRC, you should be able to use this command if you dont have real nav addon enabled, but it's really not worth it. Real navigation is the essence of SH5...:yep:

vdr1981 03-19-16 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oscar19681 (Post 2390726)
Ok! good news , i got it working. I had the wrong sh-5 version afterall.
but there is a new problem , i cannot maintain depth even at periscope depth. even when i use manual diveplanes the boats just slowly sinks and cannot maintain depth. And the AI just keeps moving the diveplanes up and down all the time. Whats causing this? I suspect the submarine and fluctuate more powerfull mod can be the cause. But this mod has been excluslivly made for wolves od steel

Did you command "periscope/snorkel depth" or manually sellected 12-14 m ?:hmm2: No such issue has ever been reported...

vdr1981 03-19-16 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wingman3333 (Post 2390735)
Hi all,

maybe its a stupid question but i cant find a answer, or my english is not good enough .. :doh:

I got a problem with the campaign. I played "Western Aproches" three times but I cant unlock Operation Drumbeat. My results arn't bad either.
What do I wrong?
Do I miss a special goal?
Due to the long travel routes france/ south africa is not enough time to play all missions.

Please help me :salute:

Post some screenshoot and check gameplay tips...You are playing TWoS, right?:D

wingman3333 03-19-16 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2390771)
Post some screenshoot and check gameplay tips...You are playing TWoS, right?:D

Yes, TWoS is the best Mod Pack i've ever seen :)

http://img5.fotos-hochladen.net/thum...6xfy_thumb.jpg

http://img5.fotos-hochladen.net/thum...1vjc_thumb.jpg

// EDIT: i think i got the problem, my campign ends at 13.12.41 ... operation Drumbeat starts at 12.12.41.
But I still don't know how to fix it :D

vdr1981 03-19-16 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wingman3333 (Post 2390799)
Yes, TWoS is the best Mod Pack i've ever seen :)

// EDIT: i think i got the problem, my campign ends at 13.12.41 ... operation Drumbeat starts at 12.12.41.
But I still don't know how to fix it :D

OK thanks...Use this method to continue your campaign in OD and I'll check what is going on...

A big red EDIT:
Wait a sec... You have sunk ~ 120 merchants and 30 warships? Are you absolutely sure that you are playing with TWoS???:doh:
Realism settings? Everything installed OK?:)

Husksubsky 03-19-16 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warham (Post 2390671)
No no no no no no, it's your cross :D

I edit only one search script for myself. if someone is interested i can share. But it's need more tests. Here is. I change TC to x8-x512, set 60 degrees instead of 90, and increase time between hydro check from 60 to 90 minutes.

[COMMANDS]
Set_Time_Compression,8,0,0,0,0,0,2
Leave_NavMap_Station,0,0,0,0,0,0,12
Get_depth_under_sub_keel,0,0,0,0,0,0,10
Activate_NavMap_Station,0,0,0,0,0,0,2
Set_Time_Compression,32,0,0,0,0,0,5
Ahead_standard,0,0,0,0,0,0,5
Set_new_depth,17,0,0,0,0,0,35
All_stop,0,0,0,0,0,0,45
Hydrophone_normal_sweep,0,0,0,0,0,0,30
Ahead_full,0,0,0,0,0,0,5
Set_new_course,60,0,0,0,0,0,95
All_stop,0,0,0,0,0,0,5
Hydrophone_normal_sweep,0,0,0,0,0,0,30
Report_nearest_sound_contact,0,0,0,0,0,0,5
Ahead_standard,0,0,0,0,0,0,5
Set_new_course,-60,0,0,0,0,0,5
Surface,0,0,0,0,0,0,60
Set_Time_Compression,32,0,0,0,0,0,150
Set_Time_Compression,512,0,0,0,0,0,5250
Loop,24,0,0,0,0,0,0
Set_Time_Compression,1,0,0,0,0,0,2
Leave_NavMap_Station,0,0,0,0,0,0,2
[COMMANDS_END]

Look good to me :). Maybe increase number of loops ? 24 will pass quick. No specific reason why I picked 24. Takes approx 24 hours gametime..

palmic 03-19-16 12:40 PM

[REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod

Since crash dive remove, you can't avoid damage by aircraft.

It's because aircraft ai spawn superman aircrafts which knows about you just from spawn moment and attacks you immediately, it's unbalanced now.

Update: hmm.. Now i escaped, ok, it's not everytime, but it's nonsense anyway, if they have no radar yet..

vdr1981 03-19-16 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2390837)
Since crash dive remove, you can't avoid damage by aircraft.

It's because aircraft ai spawn superman aircrafts which knows about you just from spawn moment and attacks you immediately, it's unbalanced now.

I'm playing for a long time with realistic CD time and I cant agree with you at all. Also don't forget that crash dive is not your only plane countermeasure.

Maybe there is something in smart selection of your operating area, more distant maybe? :hmm2: What about flak? British coastal waters weren't very popular U-boats hunting ground, probably with good reason... :03:

Anyway, you can tweak CD delay via OFEV...

palmic 03-19-16 01:30 PM

Thanks for reaction, i just thing it was something like win in lottery for aircraft crew to spot slow uboat at sea until they invited radar. Even in English channel.

I could imagine they would spot me if i would make some trail, but at 6 knots, aircraft just appeared before me at 355 flying just to my position? It's nonsense and it's not coincidence.

I think ubisoft just modeled aircraft AI for radar age, that's all...

vdr1981 03-19-16 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2390859)
Thanks for reaction, i just thing it was something like win in lottery for aircraft crew to spot slow uboat at sea until they invited radar. Even in English channel.

I could imagine they would spot me if i would make some trail, but at 6 knots, aircraft just appeared before me at 355 flying just to my position? It's nonsense and it's not coincidence.

I think ubisoft just modeled aircraft AI for radar age, that's all...

I guess they've hit you really hard? :D

It's known issue that if you use high TC , watch crew will report planes too late...

palmic 03-19-16 01:55 PM

Nope, but these things could brake immersion a lot :) it's a shame..

UPDATE: wow i just met German ditmarshen supply ship tanker which came alone between Dover and Calais :O