SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Dangerous Waters (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   More Installations (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=203230)

padi 03-23-13 11:06 AM

More Installations

Hi,

Is it possible to Install one with the Lwami Mod and one with the Reinforce Alert Mod?
It give me a database-failure back.

Pisces 03-23-13 12:24 PM

You can have several seperate folders of DW. But the folder that you want to play must have the appropriate registry settings applied to make it work. (to direct to the appropriate folder) Unfortunately I can't remember the specific key path anymore. But I think it's easily found by doing a search in this forum, or the one for Subcommand.

King_Zog 03-23-13 03:47 PM

Zander posted this in an older thread I started, might be helpful for you:

The way I do multiple installs is to save a patched 1.04 version of the game.
Then copy that patched version and rename it I.E. (1) " Dangerous Waters RAMOD v1_36 ",
and (2) " Dangerous WatersLWAMI 3_11 ".
After patching the original, save the .REG file from the registry- you will need
a .REG file for each different version of the game. One for R.A., LWAMI, AlfaTau, and Millsab.
Each different version should have a different name and folder

This is my RA 136 REG entry. Notice where the folder names are altered.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Sonalysts Combat Simulations\Dangerous Waters]
"DisplayName"="Dangerous Waters"
"Language"="English"
"CD Drive"="D:\\"
"Install Dir"="C:\\GAMES\\SONALY~1\\DANGER~1"
"Product GUID"="{DCFF5D9C-C618-45C9-A61E-14A6981F28C6}"
"Installed From"="D:\\"
"Region"="NA"
"Folder"="Sonalysts Combat Simulations\\Dangerous Waters"
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Sonalysts Combat Simulations\Dangerous Waters\1.0]
"Language"=dword:00000001
"LanguageName"="English"
"rootInstallPath"="C:\\GAMES\\Sonalysts Combat Simulations\\Dangerous Waters RAMOD v1_36"
"cdInstallPath"="C:\\GAMES\\Sonalysts Combat Simulations\\Dangerous Waters RAMOD v1_36"
"scenarioInstallPath"="C:\\GAMES\\Sonalysts Combat Simulations\\Dangerous Waters RAMOD v1_36"
"dbInstallPath"="C:\\GAMES\\Sonalysts Combat Simulations\\Dangerous Waters RAMOD v1_36"
"interfaceInstallPath"="C:\\GAMES\\Sonalysts Combat Simulations\\Dangerous Waters RAMOD v1_36\\Interfaces"
"graphicsInstallPath"="C:\\GAMES\\Sonalysts Combat Simulations\\Dangerous Waters RAMOD v1_36\\Graphics"
"sfxInstallPath"="C:\\GAMES\\Sonalysts Combat Simulations\\Dangerous Waters RAMOD v1_36\\Audio\\Sfx\\sfx.agg+"
"musicInstallPath"="C:\\GAMES\\Sonalysts Combat Simulations\\Dangerous Waters RAMOD v1_36\\Audio\\Music"
"cinematicInstallPath"="C:\\GAMES\\Sonalysts Combat Simulations\\Dangerous Waters RAMOD v1_36\\Cinematic"
"aLetter"="e"
"buildNumber"=dword:0000017a

for LWAMI you need a similar setup.

2) in order to mod the game you have to set up the games-folder name, and APPLY the different reg files
before you "MOD" the game.
In other words copy the patched 1.04 and rename to either LWAMI-11, or RA-136, then modify a .REG file for each version, then run the version of the .REG file for the mod you are about to install or the mod will not install properly.
3) To run the version you want, first run the .REG file to get the correct "PATHs" into the registry, then
start your game.

This is my LWAM-11 REG entry.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Sonalysts Combat Simulations\Dangerous Waters]
"Language"="English"
"CD Drive"="D:\\"
"Product GUID"="{DCFF5D9C-C618-45C9-A61E-14A6981F28C6}"
"Installed From"="D:\\"
"Region"="NA"
"Folder"="Sonalysts Combat Simulations\\Dangerous Waters"
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Sonalysts Combat Simulations\Dangerous Waters\1.0]
"Language"=dword:00000001
"LanguageName"="English"
"rootInstallPath"="C:\\GAMES\\Sonalysts Combat Simulations\\Dangerous WatersLWAMI 3_11"
"cdInstallPath"="C:\\GAMES\\Sonalysts Combat Simulations\\Dangerous WatersLWAMI 3_11"
"scenarioInstallPath"="C:\\GAMES\\Sonalysts Combat Simulations\\Dangerous WatersLWAMI 3_11"
"dbInstallPath"="C:\\GAMES\\Sonalysts Combat Simulations\\Dangerous WatersLWAMI 3_11"
"interfaceInstallPath"="C:\\GAMES\\Sonalysts Combat Simulations\\Dangerous WatersLWAMI 3_11\\Interfaces"
"graphicsInstallPath"="C:\\GAMES\\Sonalysts Combat Simulations\\Dangerous WatersLWAMI 3_11\\Graphics"
"sfxInstallPath"="C:\\GAMES\\Sonalysts Combat Simulations\\Dangerous WatersLWAMI 3_11\\Audio\\Sfx\\sfx.agg+"
"musicInstallPath"="C:\\GAMES\\Sonalysts Combat Simulations\\Dangerous WatersLWAMI 3_11\\Audio\\Music"
"cinematicInstallPath"="C:\\GAMES\\Sonalysts Combat Simulations\\Dangerous WatersLWAMI 3_11\\Cinematic"
"aLetter"="e"
"buildNumber"=dword:0000017a

padi 03-23-13 07:28 PM

Where can I find the Registry?

Beardmoresam 03-24-13 06:23 AM

on windows type regedit into the command promt

padi 03-24-13 06:40 AM

Thanks.

padi 03-24-13 11:50 AM

I have found the folders, but there are 9 different datas. Which is the right?

Pisces 03-24-13 07:23 PM

If you mean the paths with "9 different datas", then the beginning parts of it should match the paths of the DW edition folder that you want to play with.

Using King-Zogs registry keys as an example, only the:

C:\\GAMES\\Sonalysts Combat Simulations\\Dangerous Waters RAMOD v1_36

part should be changed.

Pisces 03-25-13 11:24 AM

Probably this one should be made the same also: