SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

skizzyj 03-07-23 08:52 PM

hello, this mod is standalone right? meaning I don't need to buy sh5 anymore? because i noticed that sh5 is no longer on steam.

Cristi_Neagu 03-07-23 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skizzyj (Post 2856869)
hello, this mod is standalone right? meaning I don't need to buy sh5 anymore? because i noticed that sh5 is no longer on steam.

Nope, you still need SH5.

Aktungbby 03-07-23 09:37 PM

welcome aboard!

skizzyj!:Kaleun_Salute:

propbeanie 03-08-23 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skizzyj (Post 2856869)

SH5 is "on saile" in the US store right now for $2.50 US, a bargain-basement price, 1/4 of what it normally is. The Ubisoft store has it for $10 US, but might be discounted further to keep pace with Steam... Still available. :salute:

haxordie 03-14-23 05:00 AM

Is anybody currently working on a German translation for this megamod? There was one translation done, but it's incomplete, lacks the Engima codes, and is generally sort of deprecated.

Aktungbby 03-14-23 12:12 PM

Welcome aboard!

Quote:

sort of deprecated
haxordie!:Kaleun_Salute: nuthin' like a little 'deprecation" to end a 3 year 'silent run'!:up:

kapuhy 03-14-23 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haxordie (Post 2857845)
Is anybody currently working on a German translation for this megamod? There was one translation done, but it's incomplete, lacks the Engima codes, and is generally sort of deprecated.

As far as I know, no, unless vdr1981 is planning to suprise us with it in next update.

Sirius.x 03-16-23 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torpedo (Post 2840765)
Hi everyone!
After several tries, I've lost count...I manage to get the UZO working and the various charts. The only thing I can't see in the recognition book is the profile of the individual ships, i.e. the file "NDD_Type34A_sil.dds" referring to the NDD_Type34 for example, obviously I tried with all the ships, while I can see the images of the ships. In the image is a Liberty Cargo. They are all blank the files *_sil.dds in the recognition book.
I tried to use the "Pascal_recognition handbook_for_NewsUIs_TDC" mod but unfortunately the problem is not solved for silhouttes. UZO OK, charts OK but I don't have the silhouettes in the recognition book!
I tried using Fitzcarraldo's mods, but no positive results.

https://i.postimg.cc/85LdGKjw/nosilhouette.jpg

:k_confused:

Torpedo

Hi Torpedo
My situation is exactly like yours. My final solution is using a DVD version of SH5 and every problem is gone even without that recognition texture mod. I'm not sure why though. You could also try using DVD version if you are still looking for solution. Hope this helps.
Best regards. Sirius.x :Kaleun_Salute:

Torpedo 03-16-23 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sirius.x (Post 2858305)
Hi Torpedo
My situation is exactly like yours. My final solution is using a DVD version of SH5 and every problem is gone even without that recognition texture mod. I'm not sure why though. You could also try using DVD version if you are still looking for solution. Hope this helps.
Best regards. Sirius.x :Kaleun_Salute:

Thanks Sirius.x for your help.
My installation of SH5, updated to TWoS 2.2.25, is done from an original DVD as soon as the simulator came out. Until a few months ago I had no problems with the recognition manual, perhaps it was the upgrade from W10 Pro to W11 Pro 22H2 that created this problem for me. The recognition manual is the original one and not the one you see in the image of my post.
How do you use the original DVD? For installing or launching SH5? I tried to boot SH5 from the DVD but unfortunately without solving the problem.
Thank you for your interest in my problem!
Best regards!
Torpedo :Kaleun_Salute:

haxordie 03-25-23 07:34 PM

Is there a way to set mast height manually for stadimeter? I do not want to use SOAN.

haxordie 04-03-23 05:59 AM

Also why does the mod seemingly so realistic feature such unrealistic optics with UZO and binoculars?

kapuhy 04-03-23 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haxordie (Post 2861299)
Also why does the mod seemingly so realistic feature such unrealistic optics with UZO and binoculars?

In most cases, answer to "why TWoS features something unrealistic" is "it can't be done/is very hard to do in SH5", but many things still can be fixed. You'd have to expand upon what you found unrealistic to check if this could be improved and how.

ronin677 04-03-23 08:40 AM

Back to SH5 after a long time away

1 Attachment(s)
Now coming back to SH5 after many years away. I've now reinstalled TWOS after realising (again) that the game only goes so far and then stops updating the missions. I just wondered if;

1) are there any good video tutorials to teach how to use TWOS? I tried the torpedo tutorial in game but became stuck at the beginning when I couldn't figure out how to turn on my TDC (the tutorial then couldn't continue)
2) is there a way to use the standard game way of targeting boats using the 3 circle method? (see my screenshot)

I'm determined to get TWOS working for me :)

haxordie 04-03-23 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kapuhy (Post 2861308)
In most cases, answer to "why TWoS features something unrealistic" is "it can't be done/is very hard to do in SH5", but many things still can be fixed. You'd have to expand upon what you found unrealistic to check if this could be improved and how.

It's not really much of a hard feature, the UZO and binocular scopes are pretty unrealistic when it comes to optics. Should be a monocular view with a single vertical line without any markings in case of the UZO and range-marked monocular view in case of the binoculars.

fitzcarraldo 04-04-23 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haxordie (Post 2861428)
It's not really much of a hard feature, the UZO and binocular scopes are pretty unrealistic when it comes to optics. Should be a monocular view with a single vertical line without any markings in case of the UZO and range-marked monocular view in case of the binoculars.

Use Unscratched optics mod and you have those. Totally compatible with TWoS.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo :salute: