SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

slipper 10-22-19 02:29 PM

Thanks, Niccerman for your help

Quote:

Did you notice if the Generic Patcher only showed 8 patches instead of 9 as descirbed in the instructions? If that is the case (only 8 patches showing) I can pretty much assure you that it is the same problem.
yes that happened, I figured it was something to do with a steam instal (which I don't have). Just my luck, I just managed to get a little free time to try TWoS out and then its all buggered up!!

Will keep a lookout for a fix, thanks again mate.

regards

slipper

propbeanie 10-22-19 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by propbeanie (Post 2633625)
Questions:
1. Where did you install the game, ie: which folder is it in?
2. Is the game launcher installed in the same folder?

The UPlay download installer defaults to using
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft \"
and then sub-folders off of that for the launcher and the game...
:salute:

P.S. - Vecko is ~fast~... lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by slipper (Post 2633640)
Thanks, Niccerman for your help

yes that happened, I figured it was something to do with a steam instal (which I don't have). Just my luck, I just managed to get a little free time to try TWoS out and then its all buggered up!!

Will keep a lookout for a fix, thanks again mate.

regards

slipper

Where is your game installed?

vdr1981 10-23-19 07:46 AM

I have updated latest TWoS installers with a small Nobon's tweak for KSDCommander so if you wish to have this application fully functional again (server connection, chat ect) re-download and install the latest v2.2.16 update again...Cheers! :salute:

https://i.postimg.cc/qv2CKy2J/Capture.jpg

slipper 10-23-19 07:50 AM

Quote:

Where is your game installed?
Propbeanie, I have a UPlay version of SH5 Gold which is installed under D/Games/Ubisoft/SH5. I believe I have the problem Niccerman mentioned mate, as the default game loads fine, only when I install TWos I get the continuous loading screen, also only 8 out of 9 patches installed as the index check is not correct for the 9th patch. I believe i will have to hope someone finds a workaround.

cheers for your help.

regards

slipper

THEBERBSTER 10-23-19 01:34 PM

Hi Vecko
Would it be possible for you to show the recommended TWoS Time Compression settings please?
Peter

vdr1981 10-23-19 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2633775)
Hi Vecko
Would it be possible for you to show the recommended TWoS Time Compression settings please?
Peter

Sure...

Code:

[TIME COMPRESSION]
; The first value is the default one, the second value is used when 'travel mode' is activated.
; The two values should be separated by a comma.
; If only one value is specified, that value is used for both default and travel mode.
TimeStop=0
RealTime=1
LandProximity=1,64
CriticalDamage=1
CrewEfficiency=1024
AirEnemyDetected=1024
SoundEffects=2
CharacterAnim=64
FriendDetected=1024
EnemyDetected=1024
RadioReport=1024
Particles=32
PrayState=1
HunterState=1
3DRender=1024
Maximum=1024

I assume that on high-end machines 1024 values can go even up to 2048. TC settings aren't that much important in TWoS 2.2 since the mod is very stable.

Note that these TC settings can work only with TWoS because TC drop to x1 is also controlled by several OFEV options.

These won't work with regular custom modlists...

boogieman335 10-24-19 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slipper (Post 2633722)
Propbeanie, I have a UPlay version of SH5 Gold which is installed under D/Games/Ubisoft/SH5. I believe I have the problem Niccerman mentioned mate, as the default game loads fine, only when I install TWos I get the continuous loading screen, also only 8 out of 9 patches installed as the index check is not correct for the 9th patch. I believe i will have to hope someone finds a workaround.

cheers for your help.

regards

slipper

If you know someone who has the Steam version all you need is the SH5.exe file. Copy the one you have as a backup then replace the steam sh5.exe in folder. Then rerun the patcher and you should get all 9 patches. Be sure to launch the game from the new patched sh5.exe or a shortcut of it.

THEBERBSTER 10-24-19 04:28 AM

Hi Vecko
Thank you for the info.

The 9th Generic File patch is TDW_SimData_Path.s5p
If this was uploaded from an external source and he downloaded it into the Patch Folder would that fix Slipper's missing patch problem?
Peter

vdr1981 10-24-19 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2633844)
Hi Vecko
Thank you for the info.

The 9th Generic File patch is TDW_SimData_Path.s5p
If this was uploaded from an external source and he downloaded it into the Patch Folder would that fix Slipper's missing patch problem?
Peter

You're quite welcome.:salute: BTW, sh5.exe patch is missing...

THEBERBSTER 10-24-19 05:15 AM

Hi Vecko
Slipper said he only had 1 patch missing.
TDW_SimData_Patch.s5p Number 9 Patch For the Generic File Patcher > Download Link

I did not realize I already had this patch uploaded in Mediafire so I must have helped someone out before.
It can be found in my tutorials.

Peter

vdr1981 10-24-19 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2633852)
Hi Vecko
Slipper said he only had 1 patch missing.

Yes, only one. This one...

https://i.postimg.cc/bvMZ71Gk/Capture.jpg

fitzcarraldo 10-24-19 10:50 AM

Hello Kaleuns:

What is this "silent patch"???? I have Uplay settings "on" for automatic updates of the Ubi games. Never I see it downloading a new patch for SH5 1.2, and my TWoS 2.2.16 is working fine. In fact, I see for the first time awards in SH5 (not KSD, in game), after a raid in Scapa.

@Vecko: Can I update my 2.2.16 with the new 2.2.16 update with the correction for KSD? Overwriting with the patch my full 2.2.16 installation, I mean.

Many thanks and regards.

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

THEBERBSTER 10-24-19 10:50 AM

Hi Vecko
I have created a tutorial which will give players access to all patches.

While it is very unusual to have this sort of problem with TWoS players manually installing the GFP who do not play TWoS sometimes can patch to the wrong folder if they are not carefull with their install.
TDW's 9 Patches In The Generic File Patcher (GFP) > Pictorial > Includes Download Link

Peter

fitzcarraldo 10-24-19 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2633908)
Hi Vecko

While it is very unusual to have this sort of problem with TWoS players manually installing the GFP who do not play TWoS sometimes can patch to the wrong folder if they are not carefull with their install.
TDW's 9 Patches In The Generic File Patcher (GFP) > Pictorial > Includes Download Link

Peter

As ever, a great job.

Many thanks for all the help (though I donīt have the problem).

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

Niccerman 10-24-19 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2633908)
Hi Vecko

Peter

Thanks man! I will try this out and hopefully it will work out! I'll be back with a sitrep :Kaleun_Salute: