SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

palmic 04-25-17 02:48 AM

:up:

Justaparps 04-25-17 01:35 PM

Problem whit sh5 WOS

everything seems fine aside one problem...

WOS adds those black hovering GUI elements(whit tick boxes) and for some reason, either due to a missing font or idk reason, text is not visible(only things visible are yellow/golden tickboxes and black GUI background.

I have attatched a pic of what i am talking about and how i can recreate the problem!

Imgur

I followed installation guide, have pc that has no problem running it on max settings,running on windows 10 under admin privilege and under win7 compapility(i5-4670, 750ti, 16gb ram):k_confused:

Aktungbby 04-25-17 01:49 PM

welcome aboard!

Justaparps!:Kaleun_Salute:

gezahu 04-25-17 01:59 PM

Well. I payed a couple of weeks with this mod. First I hae to admit it is the work of very knowledgable people. To make all the tweaks probablymust have been harder than the original coding.
This mod is a new and lightyears better game than the original.
However I noticed a couple of things:
Now you are up against super humans who dont make mistakes. Nobody has any reaction time or lag in attention every enemy is performing at 150% all the way trough the crossing the atlantic ocean. I torpedoed two ships simultaneously and as I missed the second both started to evade simultaneously (which I partly liked as in the the original SH every skipper was a dumb) it is very unrealistic as they have to radio to eachother and so on. For me the behaviour of the boat is also suspicious I cant believe that it takes a minute or more for the electric engine to drop to O RPM and it takes 5-6 minutes to stop from 5-6 knots. Yes the vanilla SH was written by people who skipped phisics in school but this is totally on the other extreeme.
So far I like it very much and thanks for the work.

redline202 04-25-17 02:40 PM

This is a little bit off-topic question, I'm experimenting some stuff...
Does anyone have any idea how to move a deck gun without a crew help? What controllers are responsible for that?
vdr do you any suggestion?
Thanks.

THEBERBSTER 04-25-17 05:37 PM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > Justaparps
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community

You have a Direct X problem!
Make sure your SH5 installation also installed Direct X.
DirectX 9.0C
Also check that your GPU is set up correctly.

Post #239 Changing The Nvidia GPU Settings
Post #240 Changing AMD Radeon GPU Settings

3catcircus 04-25-17 08:10 PM

Scapa Flow CTD

So - I just finished sinking a capital ship in Scapa Flow, finishing the Breaking the Fortress mission.

On my way out of the area, turning to port while at PD with Ahead Slow rung up. After a few minutes, I get a CTD. Repeatable multiple times - at various TCs (1 - 64), at the nav map and the attack scope view, with travel mode on and off.

MODS List as follows:

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\MODS]

The Wolves of Steel 2.0.0
TWoS Campaign Advance Verifier Testing
TWoS DeckGun Friendly Waves
TWoS Encr. BdU Orders
TWoS Map Contact Colors
TWoS UI cmd_Auto Ship Recognition
TWoS UI cmd_Radio Reports_A.S.R
TWoS Zones_Incr. Flooding via Zones 2
TWoS Zones_Reduc. Fires and Expl._Incr. Flooding via Zones 2

Anyone else experienced this? Is there a way to teleport back to base like in SH3 with the end patrol and return to base option?

Able72 04-25-17 10:00 PM

While we are running a different set of optional mods, I did run into the same thing after sinking a battle ship in Scapa Flow. I finally gave up on it, and started another campaign. Didn't do Scapa Flow this time. If you find a fix I'd love to hear about it.

On another note, it looks like you have a redundent set of mods enabled. I think that

Are two variations on the same thing and effect the same sets of file in different ways. So that effectively only the last one enabled is doing anything.

Capt. Morgan 04-25-17 11:43 PM

How do I get English speech in WoS2?

Hi!
I am not a German speaker, so I installed SH5 with English speech. WoSv2.0 changed that choice to German speech. How can I restore English speech to WoS 2.0?

BTW, I did do a search on this 500+page thread for "english" and only got one response - unanswered. thanks

MCM 04-26-17 12:47 AM

german uboot, german voices :Kaleun_Cheers:

Capt. Morgan 04-26-17 01:30 AM

Yeah, thanks for your reply MCM, but it doesn't answer the question I asked. Does anyone else know how to do this?

MCM 04-26-17 02:19 AM

I know but as I have understand VDR right, that is what he was saying. Sorry for that :D But the text right down shows you the english translation.

THEBERBSTER 04-26-17 04:16 AM

Hi3c
The optional TWOS mods does not mean that they are all enabled at the same time,
These are optional choices.
You choose one or the other not both.
TWoS UI cmd_Auto Ship Recognition < Auto Ship Recognition
TWoS UI cmd_Radio Reports_A.S.R < Auto Ship Recognition

TWoS Zones_Incr. Flooding via Zones 2 < increased
TWoS Zones_Reduc. Fires and Expl._Incr. Flooding via Zones 2 < reduced
Peter

kevinsue 04-26-17 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt. Morgan (Post 2480779)
Yeah, thanks for your reply MCM, but it doesn't answer the question I asked. Does anyone else know how to do this?

You can download the English voices folder from my Mediafire account. Just rename your voices folder at C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\data\Sound\Speech and replace with English voices. Just make sure that the folder structure is the same as the original and it should replace most of the german language with English. :up:

Mediafire Link dead, SUBSIM Link updated

vdr1981 04-26-17 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3catcircus (Post 2480752)
So - I just finished sinking a capital ship in Scapa Flow, finishing the Breaking the Fortress mission.

On my way out of the area, turning to port while at PD with Ahead Slow rung up. After a few minutes, I get a CTD. Repeatable multiple times - at various TCs (1 - 64), at the nav map and the attack scope view, with travel mode on and off.

MODS List as follows:

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\MODS]

The Wolves of Steel 2.0.0
TWoS Campaign Advance Verifier Testing
TWoS DeckGun Friendly Waves
TWoS Encr. BdU Orders
TWoS Map Contact Colors
TWoS UI cmd_Auto Ship Recognition
TWoS UI cmd_Radio Reports_A.S.R

Anyone else experienced this? Is there a way to teleport back to base like in SH3 with the end patrol and return to base option?

Upload two of your last gamesaves (Documents/SH5/data/cfg/SaveGames/000000**) so that I can try to reproduce your CTD...Did you have uboat flags enabled when game crashed?