SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

THEBERBSTER 06-16-17 04:01 AM

Hi bandit
Go to C:\Documents\SH5\data\cfg\main cfg
Change Maximum=512 to 1024 and try that.
TWOS is set to a TC level by vdr1981 for a reason.
Its your game, your choice.
Peter

vdr1981 06-16-17 10:21 AM

In order to reduce confusion, there's been few changes in the names of optional mods so you can re download the archive although the functionality is still pretty much the same. For example "TWoS Zones_Reduc. Fires and Expl" is now called "TWoS FX_Reduc. Fires and Expl" ect...This is not necessary step though...

Also, The Wolves of Steel 2.0_Update 2.0.2.exe installer has been enhanced with several more v2.0.3 WIP campaign layers tweaks and fixes so if you want to check them out you can re download the archive and enable it per install instructions...

Cheers! :salute:

blkdimnd 06-16-17 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2491939)
In order to reduce confusion, there's been few changes in the names of optional mods so you can re download the archive although the functionality is still pretty much the same. For example "TWoS Zones_Reduc. Fires and Expl" is now called "TWoS FX_Reduc. Fires and Expl" ect...This is not necessary step though...

Also, The Wolves of Steel 2.0_Update 2.0.2.exe installer has been enhanced with several more v2.0.3 WIP campaign layers tweaks and fixes so if you want to check them out you can re download the archive and enable it per install instructions...

Cheers! :salute:

Same link and files names??

vdr1981 06-16-17 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blkdimnd (Post 2491954)
Same link and files names??

yes

vdr1981 06-17-17 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2489295)
Hi Vecko
Can I finish my Total Germany campaign with:
The Wolves of Steel 2.0.0
The Wolves of Steel 2.0.1 Update
TWoS Disabled Campaign Restart Tweaks

Can I then start the Happy Times campaign with:
The Wolves of Steel 2.0.0
The Wolves of Steel 2.0.2 Update

Peter

Sorry Peter, I completely forgot about your question...

The point is, You can enable "The Wolves of Steel 2.0.2 Update" (or upcoming v2.0.3 update) anytime but you should continue to use "TWoS Disabled Campaign Restart Tweaks" addon until you receive new submarine in your current career. When that happens, disable the "TWoS Disabled Campaign Restart Tweaks" addon, load your previous gamesave and make sure to receive new sub with mentioned addon disabled.

Or, You can forget completely about "TWoS Disabled Campaign Restart Tweaks" and simply start HT campaign using "silentotto" cheat...

THEBERBSTER 06-17-17 08:21 AM

Hi Vecko
I appreciate you picking up my post and answering for me what is an important question at this point in my career.
Thank you.
Peter

vdr1981 06-17-17 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2492157)
Hi Vecko
I appreciate you picking up my post and answering for me what is an important question at this point in my career.
Thank you.
Peter

You're welcome Peter. Did you receive type VIIB during CW campaign?

THEBERBSTER 06-17-17 11:06 AM

Hi Vecko
After my 6th patrol to ‘Infiltrate a spy near Liverpool’ I also sank 4 ships for33,776 tonnes and docked on February 29th 1940.
This bonus tonnage may have helped to trigger the upgrade?
VIIB U052 along with 2 x twin flak guns (awesome).
Patrol 7 March 22nd 1940 and added your update 03B according to my notes.
Requested NWA Objective to Patrol AM0286 but did OW instead as limited mission time to complete.
Peter

blackknight16 06-17-17 03:23 PM

Problem with Stadimeter

New SH5 and sub sims in general, but I recently downloaded the Wolves of Steel pack and have really been enjoying learning how to captain a U-boat.

However I have come across an issue where I'm unable to use stadimeter to determine a target's range. I'm able to bring up the recognition book, but the option to "send mast height to the TDC" is grayed out with a pop-up box that indicating that the function is disabled.

If I try to use the XO to input the data into the TDC, the option to set the mast height manually is not selectable and the value is listed as "NaN" meters. Does anyone know if this is user error on my part or a bug in one of the mods?

I am running the Wolves of Steel modpack (with the update) and using the Realistic Navigation option. I have not installed any other mods. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

edit: Screenshots here

vdr1981 06-17-17 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackknight16 (Post 2492282)
New SH5 and sub sims in general, but I recently downloaded the Wolves of Steel pack and have really been enjoying learning how to captain a U-boat.

However I have come across an issue where I'm unable to use stadimeter to determine a target's range. I'm able to bring up the recognition book, but the option to "send mast height to the TDC" is grayed out with a pop-up box that indicating that the function is disabled.

If I try to use the XO to input the data into the TDC, the option to set the mast height manually is not selectable and the value is listed as "NaN" meters. Does anyone know if this is user error on my part or a bug in one of the mods?

I am running the Wolves of Steel modpack (with the update) and using the Realistic Navigation option. I have not installed any other mods. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

edit: Screenshots here

Just press "space" to mark the target...:yep:
...and welcome to Subsim!

blackknight16 06-17-17 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2492284)
Just press "space" to mark the target...:yep:
...and welcome to Subsim!

Got it, thanks for the help!

And very nice work on the mod pack, the simplicity of install really made it easy for a new guy like me to get into the game!

vdr1981 06-17-17 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackknight16 (Post 2492290)

And very nice work on the mod pack, the simplicity of install really made it easy for a new guy like me to get into the game!

Happy hunting mate...:salute:

vdr1981 06-17-17 04:47 PM

https://s6.postimg.org/c5oqlm3xt/SH5...9_13.38.06.jpg

The Wolves of Steel v2.0.0 to v2.0.3 Update is ready for download! :salute:

Check my signature for download links and install instructions...

Changelog:
Quote:

v2.0.3
- Radio Navigation: Added non directional radio beacons in axis ports which should help real nav captains to find their home ports in rough weather conditions (fog, night time ect). Request bearings from your radioman if you find your self "lost in the fog". Radio beacons will be active several hours per day once the port is captured by axis forces and their location can be seen in your nav map. (will became visible in your next campaign chapter)
- Various menu.txt tweaks in order to explain better the function of certain GUI commands.
- Various campaign fixes: Adjusted spawn cool-down days to more realistic values for sea traffic, task forces, U-boats, wolfpacks, ocean liners and other naval traffic.
- Adjusted traffic lines in orders to avoid some illogicality like allied ships traveling to ports under axis jurisdiction.
- Fixed several traffic nodes problems which could sometimes cause ships to spawn over dry land.
- New fishing boats traffic layers in Artic Convoys and Final Years campaigns.
- Adjusted misplaced and added new airplanes threat zones according to historical criteria. Occasional dogfights over Norths Sea or English Canal are now more possible.
- Automatically created desktop shortcuts for contained JSGME, Options File Editor, KSD Commander applications and a donations link for any people of good will out there.
- New icon file for TWoS installers featuring letter "W" (stands for "Wolves").
- Few more minor tweaks and fixes.

https://s6.postimg.org/4e80n1zsh/SH5...4_23.26.56.jpg

https://s6.postimg.org/h6w4mzbe9/SH5...23.26.56_1.jpg

Happy hunting!

THEBERBSTER 06-17-17 06:12 PM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community And TWOS > blacknight16
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community:salute:

fitzcarraldo 06-17-17 06:56 PM

Welcome aboard, blacknight16! Enjoy SUBSIM! :Kaleun_Cheers:

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

fitzcarraldo 06-17-17 07:00 PM

Vecko, PM for you.

Regards.

kcoun 06-17-17 09:17 PM

If upgrading from 2.0.2 to 2.0.3 do I still need to restore the snapshot, or is that only for 2.0.1 ?

Thank you kindly ...

antoni112 06-18-17 02:14 AM

Hi, I have a question actually two questions: 1 Is there any mod making tools on the navigation map? 2 Can I restore the engine to the initial settings? I salute you...:Kaleun_Salute:

antoni112 06-18-17 02:19 AM

The tools are too small for me :):arrgh!:

vdr1981 06-18-17 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2492332)
Vecko, PM for you.

Regards.

Thanks mate! I really appreciate it! I think that even my wife will now agree to give me more time for modding, tweaking, testing ect...:salute:

Just PM me for any issue Fitz...:yep: