SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

vdr1981 12-02-16 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by astradeus (Post 2450004)
Thank you for your help . I have tested with and without (The Wolves of Steel 1.06 - 8x5 Resolution Patch ) But the problem of displaying the boards remains the same.
https://mega.nz/#!3ItRwSrY!YcjXT4gl1...Hd3-gvYHWOCaT0

All looks good there...Are you sure that your graphics driver , DirectX are up to date ect?:hmmm: Game updated to official v1.2.0?

astradeus 12-02-16 01:35 PM

Yes i have it all . I am also puzzled :hmmm:. I will reinstall completely hoping that this is not the mod download which is corrupt. I will inform you.

vdr1981 12-02-16 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by astradeus (Post 2450009)
Yes i have it all . I am also puzzled :hmmm:. I will reinstall completely hoping that this is not the mod download which is corrupt. I will inform you.

Rgr that, and check Empty Cup's video tutorial once again, just to make sure...:yep:

vdr1981 12-02-16 01:41 PM

GWX Laboe mausoleum near Kiel...:yep:

https://s6.postimg.org/i0r3slywh/SH5...2_19_09_39.jpg

Download The Wolves of Steel 1.06_Update 03

:salute:

astradeus 12-02-16 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2450011)
Rgr that, and check Empty Cup's video tutorial once again, just to make sure...:yep:

The gods of computing were with me this time.
I remake the same installation has a difference. I have use ( The Wolves of Steel 1.06 - 8x5 Resolution Patch) at the beginning of installation. I have a 1680x 1050, 8x5, 16: 10 display. I do not know if that was the reason for the problem. Thank you for your help.

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/...1-59-36-73.png

fitzcarraldo 12-02-16 06:08 PM

Many thanks Vecko for the update 3. I was using the update 3b (wip), and was working fine in Med campaign.

Question: Now do I need to download the special optionals mods because update 3 change something in those mods? I was using the optional for light explosions. This changes the zones.cfg from update 3. The optional mods are actualized to the new update 3, I think. True?

Many thanks and best regards.

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

vdr1981 12-02-16 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2450046)
Question: Now do I need to download the special optionals mods because update 3 change something in those mods? I was using the optional for light explosions. This changes the zones.cfg from update 3. The optional mods are actualized to the new update 3, I think. True?

Very true! :yep: You and other people who were using my optional addons should "renew" your optional mods...:yep:

HerrRitter 12-02-16 11:14 PM

External Views, How-to!

I've been playing Steel Wolves for several days, now, and I find it to be almost intoxicating. If my marriage were to break up, it would be over this mod ...

One Question: I know how to get to an external view, but I've never figured out how to select my boat in the external view, so that I can set it to angles and altitudes I like the best. Probably, the answer is simple, but I have not gotten there, yet.

Any information on how to do this would be appreciated. :up:

GENTS, after some further experimentation, I found out how to do what I requested information about, above. Like I predicted, the answer was simple ...

kevinsue 12-03-16 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HerrRitter (Post 2450078)
I've been playing Steel Wolves for several days, now, and I find it to be almost intoxicating. If my marriage were to break up, it would be over this mod ...

One Question: I know how to get to an external view, but I've never figured out how to select my boat in the external view, so that I can set it to angles and altitudes I like the best. Probably, the answer is simple, but I have not gotten there, yet.

Any information on how to do this would be appreciated. :up:

GENTS, after some further experimentation, I found out how to do what I requested information about, above. Like I predicted, the answer was simple ...

Just use the same keys and technique as when walking around the boat. When you select external view you will remain stationary while the boat moves so you just use the "WASD" keys...mainly the "W" though, right click the mouse until you can rotate the view the just "fly" around using the mouse to control direction and altitude. Holding "SHIFT" while holding the "W" key will make you "fly" around at twice normal speed.

Haha...found your own answer while I was replying :D

MCM 12-03-16 07:52 AM

Is SweetFX working with TWOS? If so do I have to update it last on the JSGME list then?

vdr1981 12-03-16 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MCM (Post 2450126)
Is SweetFX working with TWOS? If so do I have to update it last on the JSGME list then?

It can work but I remember I had some CTD issues if SFX addon was not disabled properly. Some files had to be manually deleted from the main game folder because they will be created afterwards when game is started. Better not to mess up with if you are not familiar with various game's dll files...

Yukon 12-03-16 12:43 PM

Steam Offline Mode

Just want to say thank you very much for this fantastic mod!
Wolves of Steel mega mod, made me decide to purchase Silent Hunter V. Sadly I bought it from Steam. I followed the instructions for installing the mod exactly until I got to where steam users are to go to the other link. I decided to just launch the game with Steam in offline mode and got the game started. I noticed I couldn't get my realism to 100% and found out on one YouTube video that I had to delete a config file from one of the mods, Wind & Smoke addon and then reload the mod with JSGME. It worked and now I see 100%.
Still, watching videos to help my gameplay and hoping all goes well today. Just one question, am I going to have any problems avoiding the whole part of the TDW Generic Patcher?

vdr1981 12-03-16 01:06 PM

I'm removing "Original SV Interior QR1, QR2 Rooms v1_for TWoS 1.06" optional addon until I do some more testing with it. There is a chance that this addon could be responsible for game crash in certain situations when sub is taking damage and which are also very hard to reproduce...

EDIT :
I'll soon replace this addon with updated version so make sure to check for "Original SV Interior QR1, QR2 Rooms v2_for TWoS 1.06" pretty soon...:yep:

THEBERBSTER 12-03-16 03:13 PM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > Yukon
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
If you are new to SH5 look > > HERE << STEAM is not compatible with the essential application TDW’s Generic File Patcher:salute::salute:
The Wolves Of Steel Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s) & Game Tips (Please Look Here First Before Posting A Question) (Do not post your problems here if you have added additional mods to TWOS make a new thread)

Jimbuna 12-04-16 07:52 AM

Welcome to SubSim Yukon :Kaleun_Salute: