SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

vdr1981 01-11-21 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by embraceentropy (Post 2720397)
I'm not at my desktop for the rest of the day to check. However, I have not changed those settings in KSD or manually that I recall. On my savegame and in my report earlier I had not selected a mission yet. I found on the last two patrols that after I select a mission and start patrol the days change.

OK, here is the mod...https://www.mediafire.com/file/kk9lq..._TEST.rar/file

Extract it and enable it last in your JSGME.
Then load the bunker gamesave, start your patrol and on 9th and 10th Nov you should receive several test "red" radio messages like this...

https://i.postimg.cc/SsqQmP02/SH5-Im...1-16-23-48.jpg

I estimate that your patrol will start few days before Nov 9th so try to move to some "quiet" location and punch TC to the max until those dates are reached...:yep:
The test mod won't mess up your campaign in any way and it can be disabled and deleted anytime...

embraceentropy 01-11-21 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2720405)
Try to pass trough 1st Oct once again and test will those "red messages" be received and then will decide what to do next...

I started by testing my bunker save before the second patrol. The date was 9/5/39 before starting patrol and was 10/3 after starting patrol. I TC'ed out to 10/6 and never received an encoded message nor a a message to re-base. No messages in red.

Quote:

OK, here is the mod...

Extract it and enable it last in your JSGME.
Then load the bunker gamesave, start your patrol and on 9th and 10th Nov you should receive several test "red" radio messages like this...

I estimate that your patrol will start few days before Nov 9th so try to move to some "quiet" location and punch TC to the max until those dates are reached...:yep:
The test mod won't mess up your campaign in any way and it can be disabled and deleted anytime...

I exited the game, applied your mod, and loaded in the bunker after the second patrol. I selected a mission and started patrol. Before starting patrol it was 10/13, after it was 11/10. I TC'ed and received the test messages highlighted in red in my radio message box.

Quote:

OK. Did you change days in bunker trough KSDCommander or manually in UPC.cfg file maybe? I guess your departure date is 6th Nov 1939. Can you please test that?

I checked KSD and days in port is set to 28 to 28. I don't recall changing it from default in KSD or manually.

vdr1981 01-11-21 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by embraceentropy (Post 2720545)

I exited the game, applied your mod, and loaded in the bunker after the second patrol. I selected a mission and started patrol. Before starting patrol it was 10/13, after it was 11/10. I TC'ed and received the test messages highlighted in red in my radio message box.

Great! This part is important. :yep: This means that your radio messages work as intended. Why you've missed transfer to Wilhelmshaven messages if you were on patrol at that time I really can not tell but I'll start new campaign to test them once again.

From everything I saw I'd say that your game is working OK. I don't think your installation is corrupted in any way since It seems that you know what you're doing...:yep:

embraceentropy 01-11-21 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2720557)
Great! This part is important. :yep: This means that your radio messages work as intended. Why you've missed transfer to Wilhelmshaven messages if you were on patrol at that time I really can not tell but I'll start new campaign to test them once again.

From everything I saw I'd say that your game is working OK. I don't think your installation is corrupted in any way since It seems that you know what are you doing...:yep:

Thank you for the excellent support! I'm going to back the mod out and start my 3rd patrol. Let me know if you need any other test/data from me. Otherwise, I will let you know what happens at the next transfer.

vdr1981 01-11-21 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by embraceentropy (Post 2720561)
Thank you for the excellent support! I'm going to back the mod out and start my 3rd patrol. Let me know if you need any other test/data from me. Otherwise, I will let you know what happens at the next transfer.

There won't be any more transfers in Coastal Waters campaign so just relax and hit those Tommies as hard as you can Kaleun! Happy hunting! :salute::salute:

fitzcarraldo 01-12-21 06:29 PM

Congratulations to Vecko, Best modder of 2020 for TWoS! :Kaleun_Cheers:

Well deserved!

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

Fragtzack 01-15-21 05:43 AM

Coal Freighter 2900T

Sunk this coal freighter tonight. While waiting for the ship to get in fire position, kept thinking that the ship looks awfully large in game to only be 2900T.

So after the sinking, looked at the description info a little closer.

The SS Cree was a real ship. The actual ship type was a "bulk cargo carrier" which can haul coal, but other bulks was carried also. In fact when SS Cree was sunk in WW2, SS Cree was carrying Iron Ore.

Well here is the thing:

The SS Cree was larger than 2900T in real life and in game, the dimensions "eyeballed" appears too big for 2900T also.

Is this a stock ship? Anyone feel liking fixing this ship to have a correct tonnage?

https://www.wrecksite.eu/wreck.aspx?16226

Tonnage for this ship should be more like 4791T according to the link with the details of the SS Cree.

RIP 44 crew of the SS Cree - 21/11/1940

Mad Mardigan 01-17-21 07:03 PM

Ahoy, vecko aka vdr1981... & congrats on Subsim 2020 best of award shipmate... :Kaleun_Cheers:

M. M.

:Kaleun_Salute:

Demon777 01-18-21 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fragtzack (Post 2721498)
...Is this a stock ship? Anyone feel liking fixing this ship to have a correct tonnage?...

yeah, I have the same feeling.
If you wish to have more historically correct tonnage, you may change it in ships' cfg files (Sea folder) manually.

But, note that tonnage there is for displacement, not for GRT!!

Onkel Neal 01-18-21 10:12 AM

Asking for a friend ;)

Quote:

I am running Windows 10, with a 2080 Ti card, using the steam version, just purchased 5 days ago. I played as much as I could without mods and the main issue was not being able to set the gameplay options. Sunk over 560000 tonnes of shipping, no torpedo problems.
Now that I have installed TWoS only one in five torpedoes goes to target and is normally a dud, the others go off course almost immediately and go in circles, occasionally hitting my sub and then being told it was also a dud.
What on earth is wrong with this? I can only sink ships with my deck gun.

vdr1981 01-20-21 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onkel Neal (Post 2722410)
Asking for a friend ;)

Hi Neal and sorry for late reply.
Sounds most likelly like a incorrect TWoS mod installation. Your friend should re-read available TWoS pdf install instructions and pay special attention to the step 2 which describes proper generic patcher activation.

kapuhy 01-22-21 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demon777 (Post 2722365)
But, note that tonnage there is for displacement, not for GRT!!

Wait, is it?

Quick googling shows Liberty GRT as 7170 and displacement as 14300 tons, figure in cfg file is 7170 so at least for merchants it appears to be GRT.

Edit: displacement can be separately defined in .sim file with Goblin Editor, as well as ship's mass. Value in cfg is GRT, though I suppose it's taken by simulation as displacement in case no displacement was defined in .sim file.

Demon777 01-22-21 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kapuhy (Post 2723552)
Wait, is it?

Quick googling shows Liberty GRT as 7170 and displacement as 14300 tons, figure in cfg file is 7170 so at least for merchants it appears to be GRT.

I mean that in cfg stands 'displacement' parameter, not GRT

gap 01-25-21 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demon777 (Post 2723553)
I mean that in cfg stands 'displacement' parameter, not GRT

Maybe there is a bit of confusion, or most probably it is only a language barrier, bu in any case:

displacement: the weight of water displaced by a ship, expressed either in long tons or metric tonnes. Due to Archimedes' principle, this is also the weight of a ship. In game, this parameter is stored in sea unit's .sim file, and it will affect unit's physic properties.

Gross register tonnage: the total internal volume of a ship, expressed in register tons (1 grt = 100 cubic feet = 2.83 cubic metres). In game, this parameter is stored in sea unit's .cfg file and, as in real warfare, it is used for estimating the success of U-boat captains. It has no effect on ship physics.

GrenSo 01-26-21 09:01 AM

I done the last days some tests about page ini files (...data\Menu\Pages) and sunk for it some ships. This ships are in port Wilhelmshaven at december 1939 and logically German ship.

Now my question: Can it could be that if you sank German ships, then the game crash or just freezed when open the logbook after sunk a German ship?
If I load for testing a single mission and sunk a british or american ship I do not have this issue.
Without the little changes in page ini files I have it too.