SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

DirkDiggler0404 02-07-20 09:55 AM

Is there a way to keep map markings from session to session? I have Real Navigation enabled and whenever I load a save all of my previous lines, dots and circles I placed have disappeared. The only thing I could google was a 2015 thread from SUBSIM.com saying it wasn't possible with the base game. Has this changed? Is there a mod or possibly some other software?

Aktungbby 02-07-20 11:16 AM

Welcome aboard!

DirkDiggler0404!:Kaleun_Salute:

THEBERBSTER 02-07-20 11:47 AM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > DirkDiggler0404
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
SH3 – 4 - 5 Tutorials > Downloads > Other Useful Information > See Links in My Signature Below

vdr1981 02-07-20 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirkDiggler0404 (Post 2648245)
Is there a way to keep map markings from session to session? I have Real Navigation enabled and whenever I load a save all of my previous lines, dots and circles I placed have disappeared. The only thing I could google was a 2015 thread from SUBSIM.com saying it wasn't possible with the base game. Has this changed? Is there a mod or possibly some other software?

Hi DirkDiggler0404 :salute:

You can only save/load navmarks and supermarks using ship journal function. This can be quite useful feature. Experiment a bit with it, it's pretty much self explanatory. :yep:

DirkDiggler0404 02-07-20 03:29 PM

Thanks, vdr1981! It's a bummer. I'm completely new to navigation and so I'm currently trying to learn without the help of my navigation officer. I can't comprehend why Ubi made a game like SH5 and didn't give you the option to keep your doodles.

So is there some software people use that has similar tools to what the game offers? Things like rulers, drawing compasses and so on?

Rickster1 02-08-20 03:22 AM

boat number

Hi, back after playing other games including uboat and a new rig, all loaded and working well just cannot remember how to get a uboat number on the journal and messages ect, I seem to remember you had to edit something, thanks in advance.

THEBERBSTER 02-08-20 05:10 AM

Hi R
How Too Add Your Captains Name And U-Boat Number To Your Game > Pictorial
Peter

Rickster1 02-08-20 05:40 AM

Thanks.

Gvozden 02-11-20 06:21 AM

2.2.16 to 2.2.17

So, 2.2.9 and later is not game save compatible with previous versions, but does it still apply if I want to update from 2.2.16 to 2.2.17?

P.S. Only want to update because of KSD Commander.

CaptainC 02-11-20 03:33 PM

Hello o7

I just picked up SH5 and installed tWoS mod pack, wonderful stuff thank you so much!

I was wondering if its possible to add graphics packs on top of tWoS or do any of you have suggestions to make the game look prettier.

Thanks in advance

boogieman335 02-11-20 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainC (Post 2648890)
Hello o7

I just picked up SH5 and installed tWoS mod pack, wonderful stuff thank you so much!

I was wondering if its possible to add graphics packs on top of tWoS or do any of you have suggestions to make the game look prettier.

Thanks in advance

https://imgur.com/gallery/6OZ0aLA

This is a link to screenshots from my graphics mod avaliable in the downloads section which I made for TWoS. Usually it is not a good idea to mix other mods with TWoS because you can mess up the fixes that are included in it but my mod doesn't alter any game files other than texture plates and lighting. I am in the process of working on a new version I will upload soon that changes the uniforms to the more traditional blue grey uniforms. I also use Reshade in game, and I will be including a preset for the newest version that uses HDR,Technicolor and several new shaders for a much more vibrant and detailed game.I am testing it now to minimize any effect on frame rates. And Welcome to the Subsim community.

Aktungbby 02-12-20 12:19 AM

Welcome aboard!

CaptainC!:Kaleun_Salute:

Lost At Sea 02-12-20 04:45 AM

Hola All,
Reinstalled SH5+Megamod yesterday and Wow once again:salute:

One quick question nonetheless. On my 1st patrol out and I do not remember how to switch to red light at night... Same issue with the blue light.
Anyone? Pleaaaase!

Cheers,
Lost

vdr1981 02-12-20 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gvozden (Post 2648800)
So, 2.2.9 and later is not game save compatible with previous versions, but does it still apply if I want to update from 2.2.16 to 2.2.17?

P.S. Only want to update because of KSD Commander.

Pozdrav Gvozdene! :salute: Yes, v2.2.16 and v2.2.17 are gamesave compatible. :yep:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lost At Sea (Post 2648962)
Hola All,
Reinstalled SH5+Megamod yesterday and Wow once again:salute:

One quick question nonetheless. On my 1st patrol out and I do not remember how to switch to red light at night... Same issue with the blue light.
Anyone? Pleaaaase!

Cheers,
Lost

There is no such function SH5. Red lights will be automatically turned on in evening.

Lost At Sea 02-12-20 11:48 AM

Thx for the prompt reply. I indeed found out the red light was turned on automatically upon hitting my first night at sea!
Probably got confused with Wolfpack.

Anyway, at the risk of repeating myself --- fantastic job!!!

Cheers,
Lost