SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

THEBERBSTER 03-02-15 03:27 PM

Hi vdr

That's interesting.

I remember making changes previously with the mod enabled and then having to make the changes again in the nav map as they had not taken affect.

Will check it out.

Peter

vdr1981 03-02-15 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2292976)
Hi vdr

That's interesting.

I remember making changes previously with the mod enabled and then having to make the changes again in the nav map as they had not taken affect.

Will check it out.

Peter

That may be the case, I also had problems with destroyed marks, I just couldn't get rid of them. But everything else seems to work fine. It's also important to edit one tab at the time and then save and reload the file, otherwise changes wont be saved from some reason...

THEBERBSTER 03-02-15 07:52 PM

Hi vdr

With regards to your last post it looks like I will have to try again then.

I disabled the binoculars cross hairs and it made no difference.

I enabled the Nomograph to true so it would appear when the game loads and you go to the nav map.

It made a fleeting appearance and then disappeared.

Will try again tonight.

Peter

ParaB 03-03-15 07:15 AM

I've run into a bit of a problem with this mod. Installed everything (except real navigation) via JSGME and ran the TDW generic patcher.

But no matter what options I use ingame I can't seem get map updates (icons) on my ingame map.

Any ideas?

EDIT: problem fixed. Forgot to edit map options.

:damn:

milky 03-03-15 07:37 AM

Noticed that my objectives arent updated as i sink ships. What do i do? :(

Husksubsky 03-03-15 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milky (Post 2293220)
Noticed that my objectives arent updated as i sink ships. What do i do? :(

Almost everyone have this problem. (well not my mom for example but all who play sh5).
The berbster have a tutorial. He gave me link just look on page 84. Theres also a thread for it. I have stopped trying, but will use Berbsters go around.
Hers the thread,but nobody has a solution. http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=215401
the go around http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...&postcount=188
Ive tried several reinstalls, and almost all suggestions to make it work as intended but no joy. I got another exe snapshot from VDR1981 and that solution has worked for some but not for me. (just disabling some advanced options. http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...postcount=1247 (thx anyway VDR :) )
We all are sure this has something to do with ubisoft/DRM/ Uplay/savegamessync.It also appears in stock game.
I never had the problem until it appeared less than a yr ago
If you look around the tutorialand the thread , u ll find different suggestions. I might have done something not correct,but nothing worked so far. Even if I go offline and disable cloud sync, I still get message savegames are synced with cloud when starting game..
I just saved my game and are about to try the go around for the first time

EDIT: Just finished manual go around and it works like a charm. needed some mins to familiarize, but then it was easy. I put both tonnage and ships at CRT. is the tonnage there totally disregarded? I think maybe I get new ship faster.. or medals or..:)..
Notised that "has completed " is false. guess that change after enddate. All my killings where recorded at careerprogress file even before my adjust.

pumpnut 03-03-15 04:13 PM

christ this looks so hard......I am totally put offf...is there an easier way? :hmmm:

THEBERBSTER 03-03-15 06:43 PM

Hi Guys

My understanding is that vdr removed the tonnage bar in his latest patch 4.

This is the hyperlink to my Tutorial on Post #188 of how to input your own tonnage and ships sunk.

Post #188 At Last A Tonnage Bar That Works Every Time

Peter

Husksubsky 03-03-15 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2293486)
Hi Guys

My understanding is that vdr removed the tonnage bar in his latest patch 4.

This is the hyperlink to my Tutorial on Post #188 of how to input your own tonnage and ships sunk.

Post #188 At Last A Tonnage Bar That Works Every Time

Peter

But he also put a mod to put it back in:hmm2:
Post 1201 page 81 no idea how to link wih this f.... notethingy

Husksubsky 03-03-15 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pumpnut (Post 2293427)
christ this looks so hard......I am totally put offf...is there an easier way? :hmmm:

No no its easy .take time to look at theberbsters link and follow instruction. Its simply to change two numbers under current (crt) tonnage and ships sunk. Actually only one of them. Might fiddle a bit to find ur patrol, berbsters info is general. Baltic operation is bottom on my "campaign.cfg." prob on yours too.:yeah:just use notepad
I might have made things look complicated by linking to all maybe this and maybe that regarding the tonnagebar/missioncomplete problem. All you need is that last link of theberbster.

THEBERBSTER 03-04-15 07:00 AM

It is only 1 change in the CRT.

Ships or Tonnage.

Just update after exiting the game when you have sunk something.

You never have to worry about the tonnage bar again as you control it.

Peter

milky 03-04-15 10:29 PM

So is the Tonnage bar removal on purpose or a bug? How do i complete the campaign without the Tonnage bar?

If it's on purpose, what purpose did it serve to remove it?

THEBERBSTER 03-05-15 05:50 AM

Hi milky

Quote > So is the Tonnage bar removal on purpose or a bug?

The tonnage bar not filling has been a problem for many of us over the past year.

I do not know enough about the workings of SH5 to say if it is a bug.

Highly unlikely as bugs are usually already there and SH5 was working ok without any problems for years.

Mostly likely a Uplay problem, possibly from an update?

I first noticed it happening around the same time I was getting windows error messages that started to appear when trying to log on to Uplay.

Might just be a coincidence.

Quote > How do i complete the campaign without the Tonnage bar?

The tonnage bar has no impact on completing Missions and Campaigns.

Missions/Campaigns are date controlled and come on and drop off as the dates change.

Quote > If it's on purpose, what purpose did it serve to remove it?

Removing it makes sense and vdr should be commended for finding a way to do it.

He also made it possible to put it back on to TWOS for those who still want to use it.

The tonnage bar is an irritation when sometimes it works and other times does not work.

It would also appear that some ships sunk count and others do not.

These ships are still counted in the Captain’s Log so why not on the tonnage bar?

The tonnage bar can be manually changed for those who still want to use it and keep an accurate record for any ship sunk.

Peter

Husksubsky 03-05-15 12:17 PM

I understand this as tonnage is not needed for completing stuff either. We must differ between actual tonnage and tonnage bar right?

Baltic was ammountships, but the next along british coast completes with tonnage right? and if I don t complete it and don t get enough medalthingys filled the hole coastal waters might end as failure. (what impact that has on new boat etc I don t know).

I agree however with removing the bar and I m gonna cheat like no tomorrow.
was I supposed to not sink a british battleship east of scapa just to take merchant close to Narvik?
I almost made it but was some hours late (rearming) and got the hole coastal operation as failure. This couple yrs ago

Sorry for the word stuff. we have mission objectives, campaigns and..patrols? I got missionobjectives as green and completed, but had to use ur excellent tutorial to get..whatever completed and get that little medal filled under coastalwaters banner up in left corner on map

EDIT:British Eatern coast was the name an d we have to sink 70 000 tons. Can we call this Macroobjective? missionobjectives not to be mixed with those 70 000 tons. To get campagin succdeed, I understand we need a certain ammount of Macroobjectives completed. And to get that Macroobjective completed we still need the tons (by sinking or typing) . We need the tons , but not the Tonnage bar, am I right?

THEBERBSTER 03-05-15 08:25 PM

Hi Husksubsky.

The objective will tell you whether you need tonnage, number of ships, battleship or something else.

This is what should move the tonnage bar.

I get mixed up between missions and patrols.

May be someone will explain the difference if there is one?

Peter