SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Lanzfeld 05-06-19 09:03 AM

Yet another question!

I completed a patrol and docked and started a new patrol. All of guys have a tiny little yellow cross on the lower right side of their picture on the crew page (G key). When I press this cross it disappears and their morale goes down one bullet point (from 4 to 3).

What is happening here? :k_confused:

Edit...... Do fishing trawler is not produce smoke?

Tonci87 05-06-19 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lanzfeld (Post 2607746)
Yet another question!

I completed a patrol and docked and started a new patrol. All of guys have a tiny little yellow cross on the lower right side of their picture on the crew page (G key). When I press this cross it disappears and their morale goes down one bullet point (from 4 to 3).

What is happening here? :k_confused:

You are awarding an iron cross, I do not know why the morale is going down when you do so however, seems a bit counter intuitive :D
I like to think that they are getting mocked by the rest of the crew after receiving it :p

About AI subs attacking convoys. If you spot a convoy your radioman will tell you that a contact report is ready. Send out a contact report and the BDU might vector other subs to your position :)

Lanzfeld 05-06-19 04:36 PM

Thanks Tonci87

Salvadoreno 05-07-19 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bstanko6 (Post 2607550)
Salvadoreno...

Click my signature for videos on tracking radio contacts and such. Hope they help!

Hey there bstanko! I have been trying to chart latitude and longitude of convoy reports via your method but I just don’t seem to be correct. The 2 pieces of information the navigator gives is confusing. First I get lat/long from the first convoy report followed immediately by the range, bearing, scope bearing, and true bearing from the navigator. And when doing both on the map, it never adds up. I been searching through videos and tutorials but nothing gives very clear direction on how to track down convoy reports using real nav. The same goes for hydrophone contacts. Unfortunately this is something that I never truly overcame in the past, hoping to finally overcome but I just need a little assistance (or a lot). Appreciate your videos tho!!

TYCZYW 05-07-19 05:07 AM

SH5 Twos noob questions

Hello there,
first of all, a big THANK YOU to all mod community. You're doing an amazing work.
I've decided to go back to SHx series after almost perfect SH3 + GWX.
I'm struggling to make things work at least almost as they used to in that SH3.
I still have couple of questions, not sure if this works as designed/bug/or incorrect setup.

1.Crew morale - after just 5 days spent on Baltic (first mission) my crew morale is 0. Serving a special meal or motivate crew by bosman doesn't seem to help a lot.

2.Not sure if it's related to above but sonar guy cannot detect warship steaming dead-on. Is it normal in that very early stage of campaign due to lack of experience / skills?

3.Second mission - British coast. Both 'travel' / 265x mode. Suddenly TC goes down to 8x and I can see a plane over my head. My WO, when asked, says there's a plane, but shouldn't he spot it a bit earlier (sky is clear)?? Shouldn't time compression go down to 1x so I could have a small chance to take evasive action? When leaving Kiel, few friendly aircrafts were spotted and TC went down to 1 with some WO's message.

My main.cfg looks as below:
[TIME COMPRESSION]
; The first value is the default one, the second value is used when 'travel mode' is activated.
; The two values should be separated by a comma.
; If only one value is specified, that value is used for both default and travel mode.
TimeStop=0
RealTime=1
LandProximity=1,64
CriticalDamage=1
CrewEfficiency=1024
AirEnemyDetected=1
SoundEffects=2
CharacterAnim=64
FriendDetected=1
EnemyDetected=1
RadioReport=1
Particles=32
PrayState=1
HunterState=1
3DRender=1024
Maximum=1024

Should I set up anything else?

4.First mission - Polish destroyers spotted. They spot me at 9km! Is it possible? Ok I dive, try to leave the area asap, then silent running, course change, depth 70m. They came right to the spot and started DC on me. Are there any rules defined? I remember I could deal with such situations in SH3 GWX. Now enemy seems to have a god eye/ear. Is it related to lack of skills of my crew?

5.Repairs.
I got hit when diving, some of modules are now marked in yellow (89 - 91%). I can see a small hammer in lower right corner, but nothing actually happens. After few hours also spent on surface (no silent running) percentages don't seem to increase. Does it mean some modules (rudder or ballast tanks) cannot be repaired while at sea and they just get worse when getting hit? Chief ability to speed-up repairs is active.

6.Voice
I don't have any sounds when flooding torpedo tubes (In YT I ofter hear 'Rohr 1 wird bewessert') is it a feature of Wolves of steel? I also have 'Rohr ____ los!' but can't hear any number.

7.Mission orders
When received a grid number to patrol I can see ANxxxx, which means four digits and it's a bit strange for me as I'm familiar with ANxx grid IDs. Is is a bug / feature? What is the exact place I should patrol in order to complete mission objective?

8.There are around 25 people on my ship. As far as I remember there were about 42 crew members on patrol. Do we have a mod that adds some movement on my boat?

9.Can we swith to blue / red light?

10.Is there a way to control my scope using keyboard?

11.What does battlestations mode do exactly? I didn't notice any difference to be honest.

That's it for now. Thanks in advance for help.
Cheers!

Tonci87 05-07-19 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TYCZYW (Post 2607985)
Hello there,
first of all, a big THANK YOU to all mod community. You're doing an amazing work.
I've decided to go back to SHx series after almost perfect SH3 + GWX.
I'm struggling to make things work at least almost as they used to in that SH3.
I still have couple of questions, not sure if this works as designed/bug/or incorrect setup.

1.Crew morale - after just 5 days spent on Baltic (first mission) my crew morale is 0. Serving a special meal or motivate crew by bosman doesn't seem to help a lot.

2.Not sure if it's related to above but sonar guy cannot detect warship steaming dead-on. Is it normal in that very early stage of campaign due to lack of experience / skills?

3.Second mission - British coast. Both 'travel' / 265x mode. Suddenly TC goes down to 8x and I can see a plane over my head. My WO, when asked, says there's a plane, but shouldn't he spot it a bit earlier (sky is clear)?? Shouldn't time compression go down to 1x so I could have a small chance to take evasive action? When leaving Kiel, few friendly aircrafts were spotted and TC went down to 1 with some WO's message.

My main.cfg looks as below:
[TIME COMPRESSION]
; The first value is the default one, the second value is used when 'travel mode' is activated.
; The two values should be separated by a comma.
; If only one value is specified, that value is used for both default and travel mode.
TimeStop=0
RealTime=1
LandProximity=1,64
CriticalDamage=1
CrewEfficiency=1024
AirEnemyDetected=1
SoundEffects=2
CharacterAnim=64
FriendDetected=1
EnemyDetected=1
RadioReport=1
Particles=32
PrayState=1
HunterState=1
3DRender=1024
Maximum=1024

Should I set up anything else?

4.First mission - Polish destroyers spotted. They spot me at 9km! Is it possible? Ok I dive, try to leave the area asap, then silent running, course change, depth 70m. They came right to the spot and started DC on me. Are there any rules defined? I remember I could deal with such situations in SH3 GWX. Now enemy seems to have a god eye/ear. Is it related to lack of skills of my crew?

5.Repairs.
I got hit when diving, some of modules are now marked in yellow (89 - 91%). I can see a small hammer in lower right corner, but nothing actually happens. After few hours also spent on surface (no silent running) percentages don't seem to increase. Does it mean some modules (rudder or ballast tanks) cannot be repaired while at sea and they just get worse when getting hit? Chief ability to speed-up repairs is active.

6.Voice
I don't have any sounds when flooding torpedo tubes (In YT I ofter hear 'Rohr 1 wird bewessert') is it a feature of Wolves of steel? I also have 'Rohr ____ los!' but can't hear any number.

7.Mission orders
When received a grid number to patrol I can see ANxxxx, which means four digits and it's a bit strange for me as I'm familiar with ANxx grid IDs. Is is a bug / feature? What is the exact place I should patrol in order to complete mission objective?

8.There are around 25 people on my ship. As far as I remember there were about 42 crew members on patrol. Do we have a mod that adds some movement on my boat?

9.Can we swith to blue / red light?

10.Is there a way to control my scope using keyboard?

11.What does battlestations mode do exactly? I didn't notice any difference to be honest.

That's it for now. Thanks in advance for help.
Cheers!

Uh boy, that is a lot

1.) Putting points into skills that keep up morale is important. It will get better one you have unlocked a few such skills.

2.) There is a deadzone dead ahead if you only have the GHG and not the GHG+KDB hydrophone.

3.) If you have modified files then your experience may of course be different than intended. If my crew spots an aircraft the TC goes down to 1. Depending on the overcast it might still be to late to do anything else than to man the AA gun.

4.) Could you see them? What makes you think that they shouldn´t be able to see you if you can see them. They have binoculars too. If you are sailing in broad daylight you will be spotted from quite far away by a warship crew.

5.) Some modules can not be repaired at sea.

6.) This is correct and was introduced in the last update. Previously some commands were always repeated twice, that is now gone.

7.) ANXXXX is more precise than ANXX Check the Maps section in user charts for a grid tool. It can be expanded to fit a ANXX grid. Then you can look up the last two digits.

8.) Sadly no

9.) Red light will be turned on at night. It is not possible to manually switch lights

10.) Yes, hit F1 to see the keyboard layout

11.) Your crew is more alert, quicker to fulfill orders, reload, etc. But morale degrades faster.

skipjack578 05-07-19 01:28 PM

Hi.
Does anyone know how to turn off auto save?

XenonSurf 05-07-19 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skipjack578 (Post 2608076)
Hi.
Does anyone know how to turn off auto save?

Never use Autosaves (if it's that what you mean). You can delete them when you save a game, instead of saving you can delete slots. Disabling them? No AFAIK.

XenonSurf 05-07-19 08:54 PM

Some posts ago I have complained about 1 airplane attacking me and which has destroyed all my external equipment in 1 overfly, and with a lot of internal damages too. Who was this pilot, Superman? :)

My remedy against that is going in the TDW Generic Patcher and disable Collateral Damage in the 'Collision' section. I hope this will make TWoS somewhat less lethal and still playable :D
Thanks to confirm me that I will not run in more trouble with these changes, or if any alternatives are better (*).

(*) In the Zones.cfg file: the lower the hitpoint value, the more damage the item takes? Easiest is 100?

XenonSurf 05-07-19 09:27 PM

Hum...Disabling the Collateral Damage in the Generic Patcher will crash my WoS game...the first time since years. Is there a solution? I changed all 3 sub-tabs to Disabled (see screenshot), maybe only 1 needs to be disabled?

https://ibb.co/8PQMnMf

Thanks,
XS

Fifi 05-08-19 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XenonSurf (Post 2608146)
Hum...Disabling the Collateral Damage in the Generic Patcher will crash my WoS game...the first time since years. Is there a solution? I changed all 3 sub-tabs to Disabled (see screenshot), maybe only 1 needs to be disabled?

https://ibb.co/8PQMnMf

Thanks,
XS

You’ll need to deactivate also the next one below (zone AP damage when zone damaged) to avoid CTD :yep:

XenonSurf 05-08-19 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fifi (Post 2608156)
You’ll need to deactivate also the next one below (zone AP damage when zone damaged) to avoid CTD :yep:

Thanks very much Fifi for your quick response, this will help me a lot for sure! I'm afraid that if I want to lower the damage rate of my surface equipments (antenas, uzo, flak, deck gun), I will have to tweak the hitpoint values in Zones.cfg, a precision work with high risk to get it wrong. I'd like to achieve sort of middle difficulty between the stock game and TWoS. Else I feel that the usage of deck gun or flak would simply be useless, this may be realistic but very game-adversive IMO.

Fifi 05-08-19 12:50 AM

The damage thing is the only bad point of TWOS to me (SH5 problem in fact).
SH3 and SH4 are far better on that point unfortunately.
I hate the fact to loose any control on the repairs in SH5.

But deactivating collateral damages and zone AP kind of make things better :yep:

The damage in SH5 should be redone from scratch in my opinion, taking example on SH3/4, but i’m Afraid it’s impossible mission...

XenonSurf 05-08-19 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fifi (Post 2608160)
The damage thing is the only bad point of TWOS to me (SH5 problem in fact).
SH3 and SH4 are far better on that point unfortunately.
I hate the fact to loose any control on the repairs in SH5.

But deactivating collateral damages and zone AP kind of make things better :yep:

The damage in SH5 should be redone from scratch in my opinion, taking example on SH3/4, but i’m Afraid it’s impossible mission...

I can now fully confirm what you say, I did a serie of tests with historical mission with AI plane. Like before, i have used the Trevally Attack script against 1 plane (course zig-zags and flak defense). Actually the average damage incured is less than with the stock game, my flak doesn't get destroyed 100% of the time like before.

I will now analyze Veko's R.S.D v.5.7 mod to see if I can adjust the hitpoints to be somewhat more severe (or the same) than those of the stock game, but still less than WoS, in which case I can enable again the Collateral Damage (this one is enabled in the stock game)

Thank you again for your tip above, and have a nice hunting time :up:

Greetings,
XS

XenonSurf 05-08-19 12:48 PM

Well, R.S.D. v.5.7 is much more relaxed in my modlist with the stockgame compared to TWoS, how's that, maybe I can use the 5.7 Zone.cfg file to make WoS less lethal for external equipment?
I wonder if some shells for the flak have been disabled in 5.7, I can only fire with explosive ones and not able to switch to the 2 other shell types, but maybe this has to do with the "Light" flak installed instead of another flak type?