SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

Sjizzle 03-17-19 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonci87 (Post 2597603)
So you are saying that a realistic value for the earth radius inside sh5 would completely break navigation and port locations?
Is there a way to introduce a realitic earth radius without breaking all that?

It would be nice to have that, because currently ships really disappear behind the horizon way too early. Also if we could solve this, it would eliminate the ships wake that we can see in the water, aven though we can not see the water line.

Why did they make the game like this? :doh:

i am saying that if u change the current radius value of the game will mess up things in the game...

Tonci87 03-17-19 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sjizzle (Post 2597604)
i am saying that if u change the current radius value of the game will mess up things in the game...

Yes, I get that. I´m trying to think of a reason why they made the game with a smaller earth radius in the first place.

And would it be possible to mod a realistic radius without messing up the game?

Sjizzle 03-17-19 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonci87 (Post 2597605)
Yes, I get that. I´m trying to think of a reason why they made the game with a smaller earth radius in the first place.

And would it be possible to mod a realistic radius without messing up the game?

tbh no idea... but we can try i need to refresh my memories because i can not recall where u can change the earth radius in the game... if the celelstial bodies are 99% accurate then the earth radius must be also 99% accurate and the celestial bodies are accurate in this game

hmmmmm

Darojax 03-17-19 10:08 AM

Hey guys!

This issue has probably already been answered in the past, but using the thread search tool and also Google I have not been able to find an answer:

When I play SH5 with TWoS mod several messages are shown twice in the message box bottom right, for example the weather report.

Have I missed a step in the installation process or do you guys know what is wrong?

Big thanks, this mod is just superb.

D

Sjizzle 03-17-19 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darojax (Post 2597615)
Hey guys!

This issue has probably already been answered in the past, but using the thread search tool and also Google I have not been able to find an answer:

When I play SH5 with TWoS mod several messages are shown twice in the message box bottom right, for example the weather report.

Have I missed a step in the installation process or do you guys know what is wrong?

Big thanks, this mod is just superb.

D

can u provide us a screen shot ????

ThePrody 03-17-19 11:48 AM

Earth Radius is in data folder , open scene.dat file and you will find it in Node:Sky - EnvData , its value is 337 813 .
So, if i change it, i need to give up Real Navigation .

Sjizzle 03-17-19 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThePrody (Post 2597633)
Earth Radius is in data folder , open scene.dat file and you will find it in Node:Sky - EnvData , its value is 337 813 .
So, if i change it, i need to give up Real Navigation .

theoretically yup...

Azref 03-17-19 01:44 PM

Hi all, just reinstalled TWoS after a year away and was wondering where to download the TWoS DeckGun Friendly Waves mod that used to be included.

Have searched the forums and simply can't find it anywhere.

The only reference to it i can find is in TheBrebsters current mod list for SH5.

Can someone provide a downlaod link to this great mod please?

Many Thanks :up:

THEBERBSTER 03-17-19 03:52 PM

A Warm Welcome Back To The Subsim Community > Azref
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
SH3 – 4 - 5 Tutorials > Downloads > Other Useful Information > See Links in My Signature Below

The Wolves Of Steel (TWoS) DeckGun Friendly Waves Mod > Enable JSGME

ThePrody 03-17-19 05:53 PM

ok, it seems it's not like in SH3, messing with the Earth radius doesnt achieve anything in regard to the hull down effect, there were also some nasty effects to the uboat's ability of sailing while surfaced...let's just say it's better to leave that value alone . :D

Azref 03-18-19 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2597690)
A Warm Welcome Back To The Subsim Community > Azref
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
SH3 – 4 - 5 Tutorials > Downloads > Other Useful Information > See Links in My Signature Below

The Wolves Of Steel (TWoS) DeckGun Friendly Waves Mod > Enable JSGME

Many Thanks THEBerbster, you sir are a life saver. :up:

Capt Codetrucker 03-19-19 10:59 AM

@Vecko and anyone else involved in producing this mod,

Thank you.

Darojax 03-21-19 05:36 AM

...duplicate messages...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sjizzle (Post 2597624)
can u provide us a screen shot ????

https://i.imgur.com/fDO3YEj.png

https://i.imgur.com/Pp1uRot.png

kapuhy 03-22-19 04:18 PM

A small historical error

There's a small historical error in Baltic Operations campaign - Danzig is treated as a Polish city, while in reality it was a free city state, inhabited mostly by Germans and from 1936 onwards ruled by Nazi party. Only part of Danzig that was under Polish military control was a small Westerplatte peninsula, which housed a Polish military transit depot. It was this depot that's been a target of opening salvos of the war fired from Schleswig Holstein battleship.

In terms of our game, while being shelled from shore defences near Danzig can be somewhat historically correct (Westerplatte garrison had 2 37mm and one 75 mm guns, which theoretically could target a careless U-Boat), Polish ships docking inside Danzig port are not - the port was under German control from the start of the war.

Captain_AJ 03-22-19 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darojax (Post 2598382)

It's your shipmate stuttering.. I have this as well but it does not affect gameplay or you do not need to fix it