SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

vdr1981 10-22-18 11:42 AM

I was thinking about something... Those hard codded crew efficiency modifiers could be used in many ways. We only need imagination...:hmm2:

For example, what about players ability to "disable" his watch crew from any possible reason he can think of (leaving/entering port maybe, friendly convoy in sight) ?
This could be also applied for other sensors which can not be usually turned off (RWR, hydrophone ?)
Or even, "don't waste ammo" ability which will slow down the rate of fire but increase accuracy simulating careful aiming?
How about simulating the ending of Das Boot? An ability to send your entire crew to sleep in order to save the oxygen, with only few people still awake to finish up necessary repairs? :hmm2:

Really , the are lots of possibilities. We only need some imagination to utilize them realistically...

Fifi 10-22-18 02:56 PM

That sounds excellent!

I always dreamed of disabling the hydrophone man always announcing tons of contacts when hearing a convoy :yep:
When i’m Aware of the convoy bearing and movement, i don’t want more each 15 seconds...and furthermore when accelerating time a bit, it’s often a mess :D

The idea of saving oxygen sending everybody off duty could be also useful :Kaleun_Applaud:

SH5 TWOS could be the first silent hunter to get this!

Clyde00 10-22-18 08:42 PM

Looked a bit around this thread, search function too. Couldn't find a solution, but here goes....

Is there some leftover Real Nav bits in the stock new full release of TWOS?

Asking because I reinstalled both SH5 and TWOS for the new release. My old was 2.1.2 I think.
I play on full on manual target, real nav, etc... but I used to keep a quick TDW and JGSME files for another member in the house that was easier.

I ask because I see a celestrial nav fix on loading a save. No point and click sub navigation, no more sub cones-view ranges-ship id and such in game even though the TDW options are set to show them. Says disabled on the map options in both TAI and Nav map.

Just wondering if I am doing the TDW correctly? Or is there a changed process to make those TDW values xfer to the menu and layout?

Can get some screenies if I didnt explain it properly. Thanks

hauangua 10-23-18 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2573606)

No idea...Probably nothing.

Hi Vecko Hi Fifi
I found this:

"By completing campaign objectives and proceeding through the dynamic campaign’s historical events, the player will advance in rank and position.
In fact, the player’s progression does not stop once he becomes captain. From that point on, experience points will increase his leadership, enhance his renown, and add skill points.
Leadership value will be added as a bonus value to each crew member’s morale pool. In other words, the more experienced the captain becomes, the more effciently the crew will perform
.Skill points are gained in the same way as renown points. They serve to upgrade crew members’ active and passive abilities"

Maybe can help
:salute:

Fifi 10-23-18 03:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hauangua (Post 2573722)
Hi Vecko Hi Fifi
I found this:

"By completing campaign objectives and proceeding through the dynamic campaign’s historical events, the player will advance in rank and position.
In fact, the player’s progression does not stop once he becomes captain. From that point on, experience points will increase his leadership, enhance his renown, and add skill points.
Leadership value will be added as a bonus value to each crew member’s morale pool. In other words, the more experienced the captain becomes, the more effciently the crew will perform
.Skill points are gained in the same way as renown points. They serve to upgrade crew members’ active and passive abilities"

Maybe can help

Interesting ... that makes sense.
If it is working ... :)

At start of career, if i remember well, i already had all leadership points...but i’m Not 100% sure.
If this feature is working correctly i should have almost no points at start.
Have to start an other one just to see how many points i get.

hauangua 10-23-18 03:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fifi (Post 2573725)
Interesting ... that makes sense.
If it is working ... :)

At start of career, if i remember well, i already had all leadership points...but i’m Not 100% sure.
If this feature is working correctly i should have almost no points at start.
Have to start an other one just to see how many points i get.

Hi fifi
Started new career yesterday the leadership value was 100....
I can not understand if it works good...

Fifi 10-23-18 03:56 AM

Yes, i think this leadership feature is broken. Started new career to test, and got 100% leadership points.
Not a vital importance though :D
But for the global game, it could be nice if it could work...Vecko still have some mind braking job!

hauangua 10-23-18 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fifi (Post 2573729)
Yes, i think this leadership feature is broken. Started new career to test, and got 100% leadership points.
Not a vital importance though :D
But for the global game, it could be nice if it could work...Vecko still have some mind braking job!

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...08&postcount=1

Maybe everything started here..... This mod is included with TWoS
(it seems that this Mod.., penalizing...for example :
if talking with a crew does not increase points ... why should I speak to each other?"

vdr1981 10-23-18 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clyde00 (Post 2573707)

Can get some screenies if I didnt explain it properly. Thanks

That would be the best...:yep:

Quote:

Originally Posted by hauangua (Post 2573730)
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...08&postcount=1

Maybe everything started here..... This mod is included with TWoS

Well, it "was" included in TWoS v1.0, long time ago... I have reworked the files several times since then and reworking them right now, again.:yep:

https://i.postimg.cc/Dz2cdPVc/SH5-Im...3-05-58-07.jpg

Fifi 10-23-18 07:29 AM

:o :Kaleun_Applaud:

fitzcarraldo 10-23-18 09:55 AM

Another problem - for my taste - is the mantain-depth at high values (more than 170 mts, I think); I don´t want to pilot the boat as a flight sim with speed and manual dives planes. I´m the commander, and I don´t have to control de dive planes manually. The two sailors would to manage automatically the depth at any value; with silent running at 1 knot and more than 160 - 170 mts you should command the dive planes as an Stuka pilot, and, for me, it is not realistic. Some months ago I was pursued by 5 nasty destroyers and I could leave them and survive going depth (170 mts), 1 knot speed and manually managing the dive planes, the boat had a constant tendency to take more and more depth, and I had some damage (that didn´t help...). If it is possible, it could be with an addon mod, I like to have automatic control of dive planes at all dephts; manual is nice for practice, but in the middle of a cat and mouse game is annoying.

Many thanks and regards.

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

hauangua 10-23-18 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2573740)

Ohhhh
congratulations Vecko excellent work

:salute: :Kaleun_Applaud:

fitzcarraldo 10-23-18 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2573740)
That would be the best...:yep:

Well, it "was" included in TWoS v1.0, long time ago... I have reworked the files several times since then and reworking them right now, again.:yep:

Good job! :Kaleun_Cheers:

Fifi 10-23-18 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2573753)
Another problem - for my taste - is the mantain-depth at high values (more than 170 mts, I think); I don´t want to pilot the boat as a flight sim with speed and manual dives planes. I´m the commander, and I don´t have to control de dive planes manually. The two sailors would to manage automatically the depth at any value; with silent running at 1 knot and more than 160 - 170 mts you should command the dive planes as an Stuka pilot, and, for me, it is not realistic. Some months ago I was pursued by 5 nasty destroyers and I could leave them and survive going depth (170 mts), 1 knot speed and manually managing the dive planes, the boat had a constant tendency to take more and more depth, and I had some damage (that didn´t help...). If it is possible, it could be with an addon mod, I like to have automatic control of dive planes at all dephts; manual is nice for practice, but in the middle of a cat and mouse game is annoying.

Many thanks and regards.

+1 i agree for the add on mod. It’s not easy at all to keep deep depth level while trying to escape depth charges. It’s already enough hard IMHO :yep:

While we are at future TWOS improvements, something is missing also i think.
When very bad sea, the in-bord camera should move a little more, not to say a lot more.
Of what i’ve Read, in real patrols testimonies, when sub was sailing surfaced in bad weather, it was really moving all over the place. Sailors were even sea sick!
They had to dive at least at 40m to take some rest...
Don’t know if it’s feasible but could be nice.
Only for 10 to 15 m/s maybe...

Lanzfeld 10-23-18 10:46 AM

Do I want a submarine on rails? No.

But I thought the sextant errors and the dead reckoning errors gave the position of the ship enough slop.

I think my helmsman should be able to hold a heading.

:Kaleun_Cheers: