SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

alexv86 09-12-17 07:14 PM

War badge

Also, I thought after your 3rd patrol you were awarded the U-Boat War Badge? As I said in my last post, I just started my 4th patrol and haven't received any medals or commendations.

SS Norholm 09-13-17 02:13 AM

Hey Alex, if you are in 1940, there is a resupply ship docked in Cadiz harbour you can use.
It's there from February to November 1940.

I went there from south west Ireland, and it was around a 1000km shorter than going back to Wilhelmshaven.
But if you are on North western approaches it may be a similar distance to both I guess.

John.

alexv86 09-13-17 10:38 AM

KSD Commander

Hey guys,

This one is another separate issue (I think.) When I start KSD Commander, up in the top right, where you login, it says:
"Database connection error. Could not allocate space for object 'dbo.career_tracks'.'P K career tracks' in"

I'm assuming it's supposed to say more, but that's all that is visible. It also crashed once.
I took a picture, but now I can't figure out how to include it in this post.
Thanks for your time,
AV

alexv86 09-13-17 10:41 AM

Refueling

Quote:

Originally Posted by SS Norholm (Post 2512199)
Hey Alex, if you are in 1940, there is a resupply ship docked in Cadiz harbour you can use.
It's there from February to November 1940.

I went there from south west Ireland, and it was around a 1000km shorter than going back to Wilhelmshaven.
But if you are on North western approaches it may be a similar distance to both I guess.

John.

Thanks John, I've never used a resupply ship. How do I use it? Do I request a resupply via the radio man, or can I just show up at the ship?

SS Norholm 09-13-17 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexv86 (Post 2512293)
Thanks John, I've never used a resupply ship. How do I use it? Do I request a resupply via the radio man, or can I just show up at the ship?

No worries. When you get into the harbour area, and near enough to it, the anchor will show at the top of your screen.....same as when you dock/refit at home base. Just click it and then choose refit.

Miggs 09-13-17 04:46 PM

Hi
Can someone confirm if you need the steam workaround for the Uplay version as well, I can't get it to work.
Followed instructions carefully on a clean Uplay install. Game starts to load but goes to a black screen and needs a hard reset.
Using Win 10 and tried compatibility mode for XPSP3, Win 7 & Win 8.

THEBERBSTER 09-13-17 05:03 PM

Hi Miggs
Quote:

the steam workaround
Is only for STEAM.
All other versions are compatible with TWOS.
Peter

vdr1981 09-13-17 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miggs (Post 2512367)
Hi
Can someone confirm if you need the steam workaround for the Uplay version as well, I can't get it to work.
Followed instructions carefully on a clean Uplay install. Game starts to load but goes to a black screen and needs a hard reset.
Using Win 10 and tried compatibility mode for XPSP3, Win 7 & Win 8.

Impatience is not a virtue of submarine skippers...
I've reedited step 5 for you so make sure to check first post again...
Cheers...:salute:

HW3 09-13-17 07:22 PM

Quote:

The black screen can last several minutes before you see something again, just be patient.

P.S. You will get another brief one when you load a save game.

Miggs 09-14-17 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2512371)
Impatience is not a virtue of submarine skippers...
Cheers...:salute:

Noted, but I waited long enough to go downstairs and watch the news for half an hour, came back and it's still black!

A little update, prior to this, I had been playing vanilla SH5 quite successfully, just downloaded the Uplay gold version, installed and played...no problem.
In an effort to resolve this, I uninstalled the game, deleted the install folder and the documents folder and re-downloaded.
Guess what?, black screen and lock up on vanilla now! All compatibility and admin settings tried.
Very confused and frustrated :confused:

hauangua 09-14-17 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miggs (Post 2512419)
Noted, but I waited long enough to go downstairs and watch the news for half an hour, came back and it's still black!

A little update, prior to this, I had been playing vanilla SH5 quite successfully, just downloaded the Uplay gold version, installed and played...no problem.
In an effort to resolve this, I uninstalled the game, deleted the install folder and the documents folder and re-downloaded.
Guess what?, black screen and lock up on vanilla now! All compatibility and admin settings tried.
Very confused and frustrated :confused:

Spec of your PC..ram?
No other Mod installed?

adrians69 09-14-17 04:25 AM

Hi, I've been away for about a year or so, and I have to congratulate all involved with this mod's continued support. It looks better than I remember it, and the addition of the Enigma machine is pure genius. Thanks to Vecko and everyone else associated with TWoS and also to Sky Baron for the enigma mod. Excellent stuff! :D

Miggs 09-14-17 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hauangua (Post 2512420)
Spec of your PC..ram?
No other Mod installed?

i5 3750K stock, 8Gb Ram, Nvidia 980ti on latest drivers, Windows 10.
As stated this now affects an unmodded vanilla install.

I had a similar issue with vanilla SH3 but resolved it by applying admin access and compatibility settings. Sadly not working for this, in fact I didn't need to on the original installation just a few days ago...it just ran.

Just wondering if any configuration settings are stored anywhere else by the mods other than the installation folder or the documents folder...registry maybe? Perhaps i'll try a different drive path and try again.

MCM 09-14-17 05:20 AM

Have you installed the directX drivers that come with the original game?

Miggs 09-14-17 06:53 AM

Yes