SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

fitzcarraldo 08-01-17 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2504056)
KSD has a Gramopone randonizer which works with whatever you put in the Gramophone folder.

KSD U-Boat Number and the game U-Boat number can be synced by using the Option Fiele Editor Viewers Ships Journal Tab.

Peter

Many thanks!

I will try with OFEV. The option for randomize tracks works but the little reproductor in the app is mute. I refer to it. I think there is a folder where to put a personalized commander photo...I didn't investigate that yet.

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

fitzcarraldo 08-01-17 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo (Post 2504063)
Many thanks!

I will try with OFEV. The option for randomize tracks works but the little reproductor in the app is mute. I refer to it. I think there is a folder where to put a personalized commander photo...I didn't investigate that yet.

Best regards.

EDIT:
OFEV has my boat selected number: U-777. But in KSD I have U-99. I open OFEV, verify that. I donīt find anything about "synchronization" with KSD, in OFEV Journal options. KSD takes well the mods list, my name, the time, the base, but the boat number isnīt the selected in OFEV. I see "U-777", in the ingame journal, so the changes with OFEV works. But KSD ignores it.

Regards.

THEBERBSTER 08-01-17 11:53 AM

Hi fitz
You are doing it the wrong way round.

KSD = U-99
OFEV = U-777

Change OFEV to U-99
Accept all changes and your saved games will be updated.
All is done within the OFEV ships Journal Tab patches.
Your U-Boat Ships Journal will now show U-99 next time you load your game.
Peter

excel4004 08-01-17 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2504099)
Hi fitz
You are doing it the wrong way round.

KSD = U-99
OFEV = U-777

Change OFEV to U-99
Accept all changes and your saved games will be updated.
All is done within the OFEV ships Journal Tab patches.
Your U-Boat Ships Journal will now show U-99 next time you load your game.
Peter

Thanks for the idea Peter but in my career it shows U-31 (H.Lehmann-Willenbrock) in KSD. He never was Kaleun of U-31 in the past so i wont change that. :hmm2: Sure i use U-96.:Kaleun_Salute:

fitzcarraldo 08-02-17 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by excel4004 (Post 2504116)
Thanks for the idea Peter but in my career it shows U-31 (H.Lehmann-Willenbrock) in KSD. He never was Kaleun of U-31 in the past so i wont change that. :hmm2: Sure i use U-96.:Kaleun_Salute:

Captainīs log says "U-99", same in KSD, but....with OFEV I put "U-777".

I want to change "U-777" in KSD and Captainīs log, but it seems isn't possible.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

fitzcarraldo 08-02-17 02:34 PM

CTD report:

Campaign: Happy Times.
06/15/1940.

Near the norwegian coast, I sunk a little fishing boat, 80T, with cannon. The ship had norwegian flag.

I understand that was an "enemy" ship. From my experience with SH3 GWX, norwegian ships in that date are "allied" (enemies), not "axis" (friends).

The ship sunk after few shots, and was marked in map with red color (I use the Map color addon), but the legend tells "friendly" (????....if it was allied-enemy...).

After 5 minutes of the sinking, I try to open captainīs log with the button in the upper right bar------> the game freezes. Only way to exit was restart the machine----> a massive freezing.

I think it was caused by sinking that ship, because I donīt know if TWoS considers it "friendly" or "enemy". The flag chart - I assume - tells "enemy" for a norwegian ship in that date. But I believe the game take it as friend ship and CTD. It was contradictory that mark in red with a friendly legend attached....

I try to reload the autosave but it freezes, too. Only I can reload the saved game previous to the attack.

Some comment please?

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

THEBERBSTER 08-02-17 05:13 PM

Hi fitz
According to the flag chart it is allied.
From the time of The German occupation of Norway 9th April 1940 to the end of the war Norwegian ships are enemy ones.

It might just be that in the Happy Times campaign you are not expected to be on the Norwegian coast sinking ships but heading for your objective in the Atlantic and on to your new base at Lorient from 1st July.
Peter

fitzcarraldo 08-02-17 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2504392)
Hi fitz
From the time of The German occupation of Norway 9th April 1940 to the end of the war Norwegian ships are enemy ones.

It might just be that in the Happy Times campaign you are not expected to be on the Norwegian coast sinking ships but heading for your objective in the Atlantic and on to your new base at Lorient from 1st July.
Peter

Thanks! I started HT with my own objetive: raid Scapa under that campaign. I think we have the freedom to attack enemy ships in journey to main or ourself objetive. ...

Best regards.

vdr1981 08-03-17 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2504392)
Hi fitz

Peter

Hey Peter and Fitz :salute:
since Norwegian ports are now under German jurisdiction, the game will consider Norwegian traffic from those ports to be friendly too. After 04/1940 only valid Norwegian ships are those which can be seen in large allied convoys in north Atlantic .
GWX team decision to leave Norway in allied coalition even after Norway fell doesn't seem logical to me...
flag chart in twos is edited and it is just that-flag chart. No misleading coalition spoilers...

THEBERBSTER 08-03-17 04:39 AM

Hi Vecko
Good to have you back gain.
I hope you are settling into your new home ok.
Peter

vdr1981 08-03-17 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2504472)
Hi Vecko
Good to have you back gain.
I hope you are settling into your new home ok.
Peter

Thanks Peter...I'm still posting from my phone though...:wah:

fitzcarraldo 08-03-17 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2504451)
Hey Peter and Fitz :salute:
since Norwegian ports are now under German jurisdiction, the game will consider Norwegian traffic from those ports to be friendly too. After 04/1940 only valid Norwegian ships are those which can be seen in large allied convoys in north Atlantic .
GWX team decision to leave Norway in allied coalition even after Norway fell doesn't seem logical to me...
flag chart in twos is edited and it is just that-flag chart. No misleading coalition spoilers...

Many thanks Vecko! The ship was navigating near the coast so it is considered friendly, then the CTD. BTW, this historical detail is awesome. Touché....

I assume I can sink any (reallly) enemy ship in the journey to the objetive.

Best regards.

palmic 08-03-17 07:36 PM

approach

Hi guys, i would like to share some new tutorial about real navigation

UPDATE: i updated the tutorial by small corrections to let people better know details and final summary which shows how easy is the whole procedure.
90% of that post is describing theory behind, using this approach in reality is pretty straightforward :salute:

:salute:

vdr1981 08-04-17 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmic (Post 2504594)
Hi guys, i would like to share some new tutorial about real navigation

:salute:

Great job Palmic, this will be very useful for many!

TORDO222 08-04-17 08:24 AM

Another INTRO....

This is my version of the Introduccion and the bottom of the main Menu of SH5. (WoS compatible). The videos were taken of the German big film "Das Boot." The sound track tallies to WWII era: 1. "Drei Lilien" for Intro and 2. "U-Boot Lied" for the main Menu.
For the installation, look and follow the respective folder order, Thats all!!!!. As usual, protect the originals! Any doubt? Consult me. Enjoy it!:up:

LINK: https://www.mediafire.com/file/kg96k...OD%20INTRO.rar