SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   [REL] S3D - Silent 3ditor (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=119571)

AVGWarhawk 02-14-08 08:18 PM

Clear out you PM box Skwasjer.

Anvart 02-14-08 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skwasjer
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anvart
"Model import ...", "... TMAP is no problem."

:rotfl:
It is the same work ...

Uhm, first you ask for a status update, you get a reply and then you make fun of me? If you don't understand (which you don't obviously), why don't you ask for more details?
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anvart
Not good news ... :nope:

You're welcome.

Sorry, did not wish you to deride ... :hmm:

P.S. I think Collada is not good way ...

skwasjer 02-14-08 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk
Clear out you PM box Skwasjer.

Sorry, it's hard to do so :oops:

@Anvart, what do you suggest?

Anyway, it's a bit too late. It'll work with Collada apart from some minor things that need to be done manually (as stated earlier). I don't see any big problem with that. S3D makes modding in general easier, not easy and noobproof.

UBOAT234 02-17-08 06:00 AM

Hi SKW,

have any hint or proposal for Collada Maya plugin?
Many thanks

skwasjer 02-17-08 07:24 AM

The same site that I recommend for the Max plugin (ColladaMax), www.feelingsoftware.com, has a Maya plugin (ColladaMaya), although I can't test it myself.

skwasjer 02-19-08 03:03 PM

Alright, I'm scheduling an intermediate release in the next few days with some new features (see below for screenies). Unfortunately, while model import programming is progressing, it is not done yet so it won't be in this release but I just want to push these finished features out the door. Also, work on integrated model viewer is nearly completed (for now models are untextured). These two (hot) requests will be finished in a few weeks more. Since the addon is to be released soon I plan on releasing yet another small update asap to support any new or changed controllers.

One of the best new features is the ability to add/remove array items in the data of controllers. With this functionality, many things that were previously impossible (without using hexeditor) are now very easy where previously you had to use an export/import chunk workaround (if you could find one you need). Any kind of array is supported (afaik), so now you can really start playing around with ie. particle controllers, torpedo data, etc. I'm already seeing a new wave of mods fly out the door!

The property editor will get one final overhaul in the future, and that is to support adding completely new (empty) controllers from scratch.

Arrays:
http://sh4.skwas.net/s3d/arrays.jpg

Find by text or id:
http://sh4.skwas.net/s3d/find.jpg

Go to chunk by index:
http://sh4.skwas.net/s3d/goto.jpg

Id generator:
http://sh4.skwas.net/s3d/idgen.jpg

Digital_Trucker 02-19-08 07:43 PM

:up: Excllent, dude. I could have used almost all of those features last week:rotfl: Thanks for making these options available now. :rock:

Madox58 02-19-08 07:55 PM

Now your talking.
:up:
May be getting close to
"Retire the Hex Editor"
time.
:D

skwasjer 02-19-08 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by privateer
Now your talking.
:up:
May be getting close to
"Retire the Hex Editor"
time.
:D

NEVER!! :)

LukeFF 02-19-08 10:03 PM

Excellent! I already see something I can do for the torpedoes in that screenshot up above. :cool:

SquareSteelBar 02-20-08 07:36 AM

WOW :rock:

miner1436 02-21-08 05:40 PM

Im kinda new to S3D and was wondering, how do you create a new node? Im trying to add an extra gun to a ship, thanks in advance.

longam 02-21-08 05:56 PM

Wow, I wonder if the Dev team has this tool? :lol:

skwasjer 02-22-08 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miner1436
Im kinda new to S3D and was wondering, how do you create a new node? Im trying to add an extra gun to a ship, thanks in advance.

You can use the export/import raw chunk functionality to clone nodes. You just have to make the new node unique by assigning it new id's/label. Then move the node to where you want it and use the config file to assign a weapon to it. I don't know the ins/outs so maybe someone else could explain in more detail.

skwasjer 02-27-08 09:51 PM

For those that have the automatic update notification disabled, or work with an older version of S3D:

Version v0.6 - Download link in main post (or follow link in footer to my site)

I strongly recommend everyone to update to this release!

This release replaces any previous v0.5 release!

New
  • Added support for the official 'U-boat Missions' add-on (read: SH4 1.5). One new controller was introduced and a very small amount of controllers have been extended by the devs.
  • Added 'Go to' dialog. Allows you to enter a chunk index to navigate to.
  • Added 'Find' dialog. Allows you to search for an id, parent id or string in the current opened file. String search is limited to chunk labels, names, controller names and textures. So it does NOT search properties of controllers!
  • Added functionality to add/remove array (aka lists) items in property editor. This is very useful to extend controllers even further. Any array is supported so you can extend ie. bitmap particles, more torpedo failure rates, more zoom levels, more sounds in a sound playlist, etc, anything! New items are always added directly after the selected array item. To add an item as the first item, select the parent node instead of an existing array item. The only limitation atm is that you can't move items around (this will be for a future release) so when the order matters, make sure you insert the item in the right place.
Improved
  • In Omni light nodes, changed the 'Unknown' value to 'Night color'. (thx Anvart)
  • Installer performs a DirectX version check during installation.
  • Other minor improvements
Changed
  • Removed ROW screenshot from main window. In LeoVampire's memory, it will reappear every year around Jan 8th for a few days.

AkbarGulag 02-27-08 10:08 PM

Thanks Skawjer. Your S3D programme is more than brilliant :up:

LukeFF 02-28-08 06:58 AM

skwas, the ability to add new arrays is great! Because of that feature I was able to make the torpedo mod for RFB that much more detailed. Besides adding new arrays for dud failure rates, one can also add arrays for new time periods as well.

DivingDuck 02-28-08 07:20 AM

Moin Skwas,

Iīve updated to beta0.6. While beta0.5 was running stable I got an error message when attempting to load a file.

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x...or_Msg_001.jpg

WinXP Home
Version2002
Service Pack 3, v.3264

netfx and dx9 are up to date

Regards,
DD

skwasjer 02-28-08 08:19 AM

@LukeFF: :up:

@DD, hmm, my German isn't too good. Google makes 'A call target has caused an exception' of it, but it doesn't make much sense to me. Does it happen with every file (dat/sim/etc)? Does it also happen when opening an sh(3).sdl file? Does it start loading (with the progress indicator) or does it immediately pop up this error...

Some more info would be helpful. Maybe you can send the file in question (in case of a heavily modded file). If that's not the case, and/or it also happens on stock files, then it is some other issue I am overlooking.

The weird part is I haven't really changed much in the department of loading a file. There may be a conflict if previous version didn't uninstall correctly, which can be resolved by removing the settings folder:

<Documents And Settings>\<user>\Local Settings\Application Data\skwas (<-- rename/remove folder)

In de mean time, do you still have a copy of v0.5.4?

DivingDuck 02-28-08 08:46 AM

Thanks for the fast answer,

<A target address has caused a fatal exception error> fits best, imho.

It occurs with every file I try to open, no matter if itīs stock or modded, *.dat, *.sim, *.zon, *.dsd, ... It pops immediately after I press the OK button.
BTW, netframework 3.0 is installed.
Renamed the folder, as suggested, but to no avail. V0.54 is still around somewhere. Thanks for asking. So, donīt worry.

Regards,
DD