SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH3 Mission Designers' Forum (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=198)
-   -   Naval Bases, Ports, Docks, Harbors and such (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=101367)

under_dog6 07-08-05 11:24 AM

Naval Bases, Ports, Docks, Harbors and such

Im trying to add shipes in the ports but i cant see the ports in the mission editor. Ive looked all over and cant seem to find the answer sow pleaase help me :up:

Shadow9216 07-08-05 11:47 AM

Under_dog, not sure what you're asking for here- are you building a single mission or working on the LND layer? That file has the locations of all the buildings, ports, cities, etc- anything on land.

You might want to PM Rubini, he's developed some nice harbor traffic and he could probably answer your questions better.

Drebbel 07-08-05 11:53 AM

Try the "SH3 Mission Designers' Forum" at:
http://www.subsim.com/phpBB/index.php

Normally you will see the ports by zooming in.

They are visible in every layer. SCR, LNF and RND layer.

Use the mousewheel, or the + key to zoom in.

under_dog6 07-08-05 12:08 PM

Im building a single player mission and trying to add docked shipes to ports. Ive tried zooming in that does not work. I've loaded the Campain_LND.mis and i zoomed in on a port and i still get no picture of the port.

Drebbel 07-08-05 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by under_dog6
Im building a single player mission and trying to add docked shipes to ports. Ive tried zooming in that does not work. I've loaded the Campain_LND.mis and i zoomed in on a port and i still get no picture of the port.

Do you use the standard RND/LND/SCR layers to build your single mission upon ?

So what DO you see when you zoon in to for instance Wilhelmshaven ? Maybe you can even include a screenshot.

Do you see anything else in the world when using the mission editor ? Units ? Waypoints ? Bases ? City Names ?

under_dog6 07-08-05 12:29 PM

I would include a screen shot if i could figure out how :damn: When i zoom in on the ports i see a up side down green T thats it. I have tried useing the RND/LND/SCR files to build my maps before. Yes i do see Units/Waypoints/Bases /City Names/ but only when i use the RND/LND/SCR files. Thanks for your help sow far ill get the screen shot as soon as i can.

Drebbel 07-08-05 12:31 PM

Quote:

I would include a screen shot if i could figure out how :damn: When i zoom in on the ports i see a up side down green T thats it. I have tried useing the RND/LND/SCR files to build my maps before. Yes i do see Units/Waypoints/Bases /City Names/ but only when i use the RND/LND/SCR files. Thanks for your help sow far ill get the screen shot as soon as i can.

Stupid Q from me: Did you zoom in close enough ?

under_dog6 07-08-05 12:34 PM

I Zoomed in all the way :o

Drebbel 07-08-05 12:39 PM

Quote:

I Zoomed in all the way :o

Untill the scale is 0-200 meters, right ?

under_dog6 07-08-05 12:41 PM

Yes i did.

Drebbel 07-08-05 12:43 PM

Quote:

Yes i did.

Strange.

Please check the directory:

......\Program Files\Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII\data\MissionEditor\L ocations\

Does it contain 33 tga files that resemble the ports ?

under_dog6 07-08-05 12:46 PM

yes it does have 33 .tga file :D Thanks for your help so far.

Drebbel 07-08-05 12:50 PM

Hmm, very strange.

Can you see the ports when zooming in on the F5 map using SHIII game itself ?

under_dog6 07-08-05 12:59 PM

yes i can see the ports when playing thethe game. Am i like the only one having this problem :hmm:

Drebbel 07-08-05 01:05 PM

Quote:

yes i can see the ports when playing thethe game. Am i like the only one having this problem :hmm:

Looks like it :-)

My Sh3MissionEditor.exe file is from saturday 26 februari 2005, 16:35:32 and is 450.560 bytes.

When the file names/directory names are incorrect the editor does not crash but simply does not dispaly the harbors.

Lets do a check, just to be sure. The Alexandria directory+filenameon my system is:

Code:

....\Program Files\Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII\data\MissionEditor\Locations\HB_Alexandria.tga
Make sure you line is exactly the same.

under_dog6 07-08-05 01:12 PM

Im 90% shur its right i dount under stand exatly what your saying tho the HB_Alexandria.tga file is where it sould be. I thought you should now that i have version 1.4b. Should i try reinstalling the game then going from 1.0 to 1.4b??

Drebbel 07-08-05 01:17 PM

Was just giving an example to find out if your filename+extension and directory names have no typos. Because that also will result in the port not showing up in the editor.

Of course you could try an official uninstall, then remove remaining directories by hadn, then do official install, then patch to 1.4b.

A fresh and clean install never hurts :D

Or send the the ME directory + ME execute. So I can test it. Then we know if the files are broken or you have a incorrect system setup.

under_dog6 07-08-05 01:21 PM

Im going to try a uninstall and reinstall it then patch it to 1.4b then ill get back to you. thanks for your help sow far :D

Drebbel 07-08-05 01:26 PM

Quote:

Im going to try a uninstall and reinstall it then patch it to 1.4b then ill get back to you. thanks for your help sow far :D

Don't forget to manually delet the remains after uninstalling. The uninstaller to not delete all directories.

under_dog6 07-08-05 01:48 PM

I reinstalled it and yes after i unistalled it i went back and deleted the reamins. then i patched it and the ports still do not show. up :damn: :damn: :damn: :damn: :damn: :damn: