SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Modern Naval Warfare (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=320)
-   -   Modern Era Submarine II (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=245312)

Elphaba 10-22-20 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FPSchazly (Post 2702239)
You're welcome! I'm just trying to help them spread the word :yeah:

They are definitely going to try for MacOS support and are planning for station displays on mobile devices and a web app!

<faints in excitement>

Badger343rd 10-24-20 11:21 AM

Its a good concept...voice acting needs work though.You gotta get that right.
I'm excited for this title,but more for the Akula...can you show some of that?or is it still too early?
Just a suggestion but I would like to see a more thematic control interface...looks too bland(the ones that take you to the control stations,not the stations themselves)

maslas 10-26-20 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elphaba (Post 2702143)
This looks amazing. Instant purchase from me and I’m so happy they included women in the game. I can’t wait to buy this. Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

:Kaleun_Salute::Kaleun_Cheers::Kaleun_Applaud:

PS please support macOS too and maybe even screens (map?) on a network connected iPad!

:salute:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Badger343rd (Post 2702619)
Its a good concept...voice acting needs work though.You gotta get that right.
I'm excited for this title,but more for the Akula...can you show some of that?or is it still too early?
Just a suggestion but I would like to see a more thematic control interface...looks too bland(the ones that take you to the control stations,not the stations themselves)

Glad you liked it...

Everything you hear and see is just a proof of concept. You are right voice acting is not going to be this.
The Akula will follow as a DLC.
Yes the UI will be more thematic you can count on that.:)

Badger343rd 10-26-20 09:59 AM

I really hope the dlc will be available upon release...

Elphaba 10-26-20 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaop99 (Post 2692941)
Great, I have a lot of interested friends. They're not actually playing DW due to the old graphics, and the mess for the MP connection via Tunngle, that's it!

I understand not playing MP because it's a headache, but to not play a great game because the graphics aren't all shiny really strikes me of entitlement and a really churlish reason not to play.

I've watched FPShazly play DW in MP and after the headaches are sorted, it's still an amazing experience. Certainly something to keep us entertained until MNW is released.

UglyMowgli 11-07-20 02:47 PM

The planned stations (from the discord channel):

• pilot,
  • sonar (narrowband, broadband, lofar, demon etc.),
  • nav,
  • radar,
  • radio,
  • photonics,
  • tma,
  • fire control,
  • esm,
  • tlam mission planner
We are also considering to create the skipper's quarters for crew management and there is going to be an external watch too.

Pirate 11-13-20 05:44 PM

What? No Sail/Bridge station!?

I want to smell the ocean and get some vitamin D!

Elphaba 11-13-20 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Badger343rd (Post 2702931)
I really hope the dlc will be available upon release...

What happened to buying a game for what it is... not what you hope it could be on top?

Onkel Neal 11-13-20 06:39 PM

Why not both?

meetnick 11-14-20 04:09 AM

Cold Waters weapon idea

Since we are at the time of drones, that can even stay in the air for a very long time, and have sensors of various types, I can see a modern submarine having a drone that can be launched and go to the surface and then take off to reach a high altitude to do areal recon, and also one that can run quiet and go ahead of the submarine to survey mine fields and map them or the sea route, and or search for submarines without giving away the mothers subs location, is there one mod of this nature some one can make????

meetnick 11-14-20 04:13 AM

CW modern submarine weapons and counter measures

I heard that Steel Shark was either working on or had a mod for cold waters that adds more advanced weapons and counter measures does anyone know it this mod exist, and where I can get it, if so how to install it and or a video or training mission to learn how to use them??? Please reply. Thks.

meetnick 11-14-20 04:25 AM

Modern naval warfare??

I hear there is a demo of the game modern naval warfare, is this demo available for download to try? And can it be made to walk through the sub to say play basket ball and check out the reactor ect, if it were that way, that would be cool because a contact could have snuck up on you out of no where like an enemy sub that was tracking you in the baffles and fire on you to catch you by surprise,,,, that is an idea at the least in this time and age submarines are sometimes quiet and can be tracking you so the game should have that feature it would make it very interesting... keep you on your toes.

meetnick 11-14-20 04:34 AM

Sub sim mod idea

It would be a good idea if there could be secrete missions for a sea wolf sub to go and rescue submarine crews trapped inside submarines and you have a mini rescue sub that you launch, you have a certain time to get there and rescue them with other enemy ships and subs looking for it that might be responsible for sinking it where as you might have to take them out (before the time is up) or take a chance and try and sneak in to rescue them... the mini sub might have to make several trips also.:Kaleun_Applaud::Kaleun_Wink:

UglyMowgli 11-14-20 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meetnick (Post 2706957)
I hear there is a demo of the game modern naval warfare, is this demo available for download to try? And can it be made to walk through the sub to say play basket ball and check out the reactor ect, if it were that way, that would be cool because a contact could have snuck up on you out of no where like an enemy sub that was tracking you in the baffles and fire on you to catch you by surprise,,,, that is an idea at the least in this time and age submarines are sometimes quiet and can be tracking you so the game should have that feature it would make it very interesting... keep you on your toes.

There is no demo. There is a technical piece of software pre-pre-alpha for the investor/producers to show them the concepts of the sim (how it will work, how will be the graphics , ...) and it is not for public release.
If there is a demo it will be in one year or more. The sim is not even a newborn.

No walk around and the reactor don't even think about it. Have you ever see an image of a US nuclear submarine? NO because it's is classified. even the SSN-571 witch is a museum you can't see the reactor room.

Kapitan 11-14-20 10:25 PM

Not an American Reactor but heres a Russian one it an OK-650B from TK12 a project 941 Akula (NATO Typhoon)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131313...7704769063054/

banryu79 11-27-20 06:33 AM

Voice Acting

I want FPSChalzy voice as the sonar guy on my boat! :D

Awsome project, the tech demo looks very impressive, and the whole things is promising, I can't wait for it!
:Kaleun_Salute:

SatThuVoBui 11-28-20 02:17 AM

Maslas, the most simple way I can say it is this:

If you ACTUALLY manage to pull off a modern SSN submarine simulation that at least matches SH5 + TWOS levels of realism or greater, then I will personally buy 3+4 copies and gift them to my friends and spend HOURS on your game easily!

Good luck! :Kaleun_Salute:

Onkel Neal 11-28-20 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by banryu79 (Post 2709678)
I want FPSChalzy voice as the sonar guy on my boat! :D

Awsome project, the tech demo looks very impressive, and the whole things is promising, I can't wait for it!
:Kaleun_Salute:

He is one of the guys in Cold Waters :)

BENICK 11-28-20 04:12 PM

Modern Naval Warfare

Hi Dimitri
Glad (and proud of course) that Greek Sub Simulator is on the horizon.
We are awaiting your feedback on the progress and estimated release time.
Trust you will consider some scenarios in Aegean and East Med.
Carry on with your team Mates.

Heinrich Liebe 11-30-20 04:17 PM

This sounds so good. I would spent my last cent for this game :yeah:

:Kaleun_Cheers: