SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL]The Wolves of Steel - SH5 Megamod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703)

THEBERBSTER 09-26-16 02:39 PM

Seconded.:up:

Lanzfeld 09-26-16 03:33 PM

A quick question about playing with no map contacts on. You lose the ability to get DF contacts?

I just played with map contacts on to test and I get lots of merchant contacts that are not there otherwise?

vdr1981 09-26-16 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lanzfeld (Post 2437326)
A quick question about playing with no map contacts on. You lose the ability to get DF contacts?

I just played with map contacts on to test and I get lots of merchant contacts that are not there otherwise?

You can use radioman's "Closest radio contact" (or something) GUI command but he will report only close contacts and very rarely...The range to contact is also heavily randomized which is quite realistic...

JohnnyBlaze 09-26-16 06:48 PM

I'm back at the bunker. Switched to update nr.17 from nr.16.8.

So I set sail again and noticed that my camo is missing...

Is that a known bug and/or is there a way to get it back without buying it again?

Thanks

kevinsue 09-26-16 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyBlaze (Post 2437368)
I'm back at the bunker. Switched to update nr.17 from nr.16.8.

So I set sail again and noticed that my camo is missing...

Is that a known bug and/or is there a way to get it back without buying it again?

Thanks

The camo can be a bit finicky and will most likely display next time you reload the game.

JohnnyBlaze 09-26-16 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevinsue (Post 2437375)
The camo can be a bit finicky and will most likely display next time you reload the game.

So it has nothing to do with updating.. That's good to know.

I reverted back to the bunker and was waiting for a feedback before setting sail again.

Much appreciated :Kaleun_Salute:

kevinsue 09-27-16 11:30 AM

What should the new mod order be? Part 1 and Part 2 has JSGME not responding.:hmmm:

OK....you just need to be patient.., takes a little while for JSGME to load the Part 1 and Part 2.

skin-nl 09-27-16 01:34 PM

Hi Vecko thanks for the 1.06 test version :salute:

I should load the megamod next time i 'am in the bunker!!!!

Michael

Von_Stolzenberg 09-27-16 03:46 PM

BTW did anyone test the OHII submods with Type II and IX?
Do they actually work? esp with this Mega Mod?

Lanzfeld 09-27-16 03:46 PM

Hey what month/year do British destroyers get radar in the game so night surface attacks are futile?

Lanzfeld 09-27-16 04:36 PM

See I have been playing with all the cheats on. What I mean is I've got the destroyer visibility, passive sonar and active sonar circles active. I'm staying out of the visibility dark gray circle which seems very small but yet they still see me. What am I missing here?

I'm just trying to get a sense of how the game works but this is not making much sense

redline202 09-27-16 05:47 PM

Great update! Thanks vdr1981 for TWoS 1.06! :salute:
Have you done any changes in campaign files since the last update?

vdr1981 09-28-16 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lanzfeld (Post 2437532)
See I have been playing with all the cheats on. What I mean is I've got the destroyer visibility, passive sonar and active sonar circles active. I'm staying out of the visibility dark gray circle which seems very small but yet they still see me. What am I missing here?

I'm just trying to get a sense of how the game works but this is not making much sense

Why dont you check IRAI thread?

whiskey111 09-28-16 01:48 AM

Thank you for your work on this mod !

kevinsue 09-28-16 02:59 AM

Just came into contact with two River Class Frigate's in mid ocean and my game started stuttering to the point of being unplayable. I'm going to do a few tests just to be sure that it is this model and not something else. Running TWoS 1.06 with GTX980Ti Strix graphics card.:hmmm:

Just tried again and all was well until the River Class Frigate's appeared again and now the game is basically frozen. I think I may have to Alt,Ctrl,Delete to exit the game. Initially when the smoke was visible, I used external camera to view the models and everything was ok but when the range gets to about 8000 meters, the stuttering starts and progressively gets worse. Yes...had to use task manager to be able to exit the game. This is the first problem I've had with TWoS since about Update 16.5 or thereabouts.

Now this is weird. I think the stuttering is caused by Beno, the Sound guy dumping the same report into the Message box and Ships journal so many times that it brings the game to a stop....like a never ending loop.

Just done some more tests and I had the same result with visual contact of a small freighter doing the same thing. I had previously changed some parameters in the OFEV in the Time Compression and Radio tabs. I have changed the TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py back to the original version and the problem has gone away. :D

http://i64.tinypic.com/33axlcn.jpg

http://i65.tinypic.com/fjes8z.jpg