SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   COLD WATERS (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=268)
-   -   Help Screen (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=237927)

SaltiDawg 06-26-18 05:09 PM

Help Screen

New guy. Just Downloaded my first SUBSIM game - Cold Waters.

Just getting started. I note a couple of the Keys map to a different key than in the Guide. ( Periscope UP/DOWN to 0 rather than 9 is one example.)

The major problem I have is that I can't bring up the Help Guide. Shift-F1 toggles my sound Off/On. I absolutely need Help! :03:

Killerfish Games 06-27-18 02:47 AM

Here's a link to the full PDF manual:

https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/stea...f?t=1526607792

Also if you go into the Options you can re-map the key to help, perhaps change it to "Shift H".

SaltiDawg 06-28-18 12:02 PM

Thanks

Mapping Help to Shift-H in Options worked just fine ans is intuitive.

Sea Story. When I Started the Game today it came up that I was on board USS TREPANG (SSN-674). "Wrong" CO, however, because I was the Weapons Officer and also Sonar Officer on TREPANG in that time frame under CDR Dean Sackett. (I was better at TMA in those days than now.)

I'll be watching for USS PARGO (SSN-650) and USS BERGALL (SSN-667), as I served on each of those boats also. (The Other two boats were Diesel Boats.)

EDIT: Bergall came up. I caused her to be lost.

EDIT2: Pargo also came up. I didn't lose her.

Thanks again for the help.

GravityWave 06-29-18 10:03 AM

Make sure your FN keys are in F-key mode (blue button)? Just a long shot.

SaltiDawg 07-01-18 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GravityWave (Post 2559356)
Make sure your FN keys are in F-key mode (blue button)? Just a long shot.

GravityWave,

Thank you! Turns out my new Dell Laptop has a key "Fn." Holding it and hitting the F key does the job.

Still learning.

SaltiDawg

SaltiDawg 07-01-18 05:10 PM

As I progress thru the training, I am being exposed to more and more weapons. Is there ONE location for me to read about their ranges, strengths, and short-comings?

Certainly I can Google them.

Killerfish Games 07-01-18 09:13 PM

The Unit Reference has all weapons listed and their capabilities.

Also in combat, you can open the Recognition Manual, select a vessel and click on any of the RED text. This will display the same information from the Unit Reference for weapon (and sensor) capabilities.

SaltiDawg 07-02-18 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Killerfish Games (Post 2559613)
The Unit Reference has all weapons listed and their capabilities.

Also in combat, you can open the Recognition Manual, select a vessel and click on any of the RED text. This will display the same information from the Unit Reference for weapon (and sensor) capabilities.

Thanks for that help! I'm still not seeing anything about the weapons on the 637's that I am aboard in the Training Section? Minimum Enabling/Max Range, Torpedo Speed? I'll keep llooking and ask for help if I can not sort it out.

Killerfish Games 07-02-18 09:00 PM

In combat, open the Recognition Manual.
Click on the submarine icon in the upper far right (that is the player sub icon).
You'll now see your Sturgeon Class sub shown and can click on the red text for more info about weapons and sensors.

SaltiDawg 07-03-18 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Killerfish Games (Post 2559724)
In combat, open the Recognition Manual.
Click on the submarine icon in the upper far right (that is the player sub icon).
You'll now see your Sturgeon Class sub shown and can click on the red text for more info about weapons and sensors.

Thanks, again! I'm about to leave the Training Section and venture into a Mission or similar.

GravityWave 07-06-18 09:13 PM

If you can identify the ship then use the 'M'anual (?, your key may vary) to check out that ship. Click on the Red Text for extra info on the ship and its weapons (ranges, types, sonar, radar, etc). Otherwise its from notes (and memory perhaps) from the Ref Manual. All the wep's should be in there and they're the ones the game uses. Your googles may vary with my giggles.

CDR DPH 07-07-18 08:00 AM

In v1.15d the recognition manual available within combat doesn't yet list all of the US ships and their weapons - I noticed the US carrier info was missing the other day when I went to looking for it.

Jotte 07-07-18 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CDR DPH (Post 2560233)
In v1.15d the recognition manual available within combat doesn't yet list all of the US ships and their weapons - I noticed the US carrier info was missing the other day when I went to looking for it.

US Carrier?

CDR DPH 07-07-18 11:12 AM

The USS Nimitz - may have been a mod single mission I was playing. Hadn't considered that.