SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 5 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=244)
-   -   What is simulated in TWOS for the invasion of Norway? (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=253584)

AngusJS 09-13-22 10:26 PM

What is simulated in TWOS for the invasion of Norway?

I stayed in the fjord leading to Narvik from 4/9/40 through 4/14/40, but no British warships appeared - only German ones. Despite this, I kept getting radio messages about the results of the battles, the arrival of the Warspite, etc.

What is simulated in TWOS for the the invasion of Norway? Where could I run into the British taskforces?

Thanks

GrenSo 09-14-22 12:22 AM

It's been quite a long time since I had this mission in TWoS. I only remember that I found the task force in the fjord leading to Narvik.

But it took me several tries to find the Warspite with the task force.

Rosco74 09-14-22 07:29 AM

Really funny but I am right into this mission as well. You may have noticed a post from me about a strange merchant name in the forum from yesterday.
On my side it is the 29 March and I already have the mission.
First I went toward Narvik and I met 2 British merchants. They are now deep under water, one of them had a strange name, 4 capital letters followed by the _CS for the variant coastal shipping. I couldn't find it in the recognition manual.
Then I continued up to Narvik shipyard. The only other trafic I met was fishing boats and 1 single Norvegian destroyer patrolling around Narvik itself.
In the shipyard only Norvegian vessels so I went back to the blue circle area.

On my way back I spotted 2 German destroyers and a German pocket Battleship running fast speed toward Narvik.

Now 2 days after I am waiting at the far right side of the blue circle waiting for any British ship passing by. It is the 1st of April and still waiting.
I know that the invasion is starting the 9th but normally you should be able to finish the first part of the mission (sinking 5 ships) before this date.

Once the invasion has started I read that you can sink Norvegian ships as they are considered hostile.
For the British Task force, it seems a bit random I think I will keep you updated once I reach the fatidic date of 9th April.

Please keep this post updated too, I am interested as how you handle the mission with the latest version of TWoS, as all other posts are old.

Dönitz78 09-15-22 06:12 AM

for the British task force it is not random. They come all time.

Rosco74 09-15-22 03:37 PM

Sunk my 3rd British ship, but the German task force is patrolling and I see them pasing by from time to time. I just hope they won't take kills from me.
The British Task force will always come yes, I meant their position is a bit random, but probably scripted that they will always come toward you if you stick to the path to Narvik.